GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legal Experts Say Prosecution Doing Well in Mansion Murders Trial
By Meagan Fitzgerald
Published at 6:19 PM EDT on Oct 8, 2018 | Updated at 6:25 PM EDT on Oct 8, 2018

Wint’s former fiancée, Vanessa Hayles, took an immunity deal to testify and told jurors that Wint stayed with her in New York after the murders. .....

Wint’s cousin George Elias also was called to the witness stand and told jurors Wint’s brother Darrell Wint asked for help to turn him in on May 21. Elias agreed and said he and Darrell Wint were in a box truck with Daron Wint behind them in a car with Darrell Wint’s friends when U.S. marshals moved in to make the arrest.

The prosecution is trying to show Darrell Wint wasn't involved with the murders and went out of his way to help turn his brother in to police.
Experts Say Prosecution Doing Well in Mansion Murders Trial

From Meagan Fitzgerald @MeaganNBCDC
Expert on witness stand says when analyzing phone believed to be Daron Wint’s, the following was searched 4 days after #MansionMurders : 10 hideout cities for fugitives, 5 countries with no extradition treaty, how to factory reset iphone6 without apple password. @nbcwashington

(Meagan Fitzgerald on Twitter)

Jurors in #MansionMurders trial just heard testimony from expert who analyzed Daron Wint’s phone. 1 day after murders phone searches “evening news reports, fire at Woodland” Several local news websites, including @nbcwashington searched for updates on “fire”

(Meagan Fitzgerald on Twitter)

So, I am trying to understand this 'hair' battle. Is the state saying that hair has to belong to the defendant, and the defense is saying it MIGHT belong to one of his siblings?

If so, it still doesn't save DW's cowardly butt. He was there, as the pizza crust shows and the witnesses show. So he is guilty. Maybe he had help, maybe he didn't. But it didn't go down the way the defense claims: that the brother forced him or lured him and he sat downstairs clueless to the events unfolding upstairs. <<That never happened.
Apparently someone (or two people) were wrongly convicted with hair DNA evidence in a D.C. court and sued District of Columbia for 39 Million dollars in damages.

The hair issue - IIRC from podcast - defense say they weren’t warned that prosecution plans to describe it as a “head hair.” They argue they should’ve been told that before.

Of course real issue is IMO a head hair can’t be from any of the 3 near-bald guys DW has tried to blame.

The hair issue - IIRC from podcast - defense say they weren’t warned that prosecution plans to describe it as a “head hair.” They argue they should’ve been told that before.

Of course real issue is IMO a head hair can’t be from any of the 3 near-bald guys DW has tried to blame.

What other kind of hair would it be? A pubic hair? I don't think there has been any accusations of SA.

What kind of hair did the defense think it was? A leg hair?

Is this the first time we are hearing this? Can you imagine the rage this instilled inhim?

Savopoulos family killings: Daron Wint on trial
Oct. 9, 2018 — Day 14
About two weeks before the killings, Facebook messages between Wint and his half-sister in Guyana, where Wint is originally from, indicated he had been asked to leave his father's house, where he had been living, by the end of the month.

Also, were the photos DW deleted from his phone able to be brought up again? Did he back them up to icloud or another system? Gee, that would be the nail in DW’s coffin if the prosecution is going to present those as his last piece of evidence!

Would that be allowed if the defense is unaware of the pictures?

Keith L. Alexander‏Verified account @keithlalexander
First day back after holiday in quadruple murder trial. Both sides argue over origin of hairs found in burned house. Hair evidence is tricky. Just ask my colleague @hsu_spencer. #MansionMurders

7:36 AM - 9 Oct 2018

Prosecutors put on computer expert in quadruple murder trial who testified #DaronWint did Google searches on “10 hideout cities for fugitives” & “countries w/no U. S. extradition treaty” and news stories on Woodland Drive fire, day after the murder. #MansionMurders

8:40 AM - 9 Oct 2018

Graphic details and images of the four victims to be revealed by the DC Medical Examiner’s Office after lunch this afternoon, in trial of quadruple murders. #MansionMurders

10:54 AM - 9 Oct 2018

A D.C. Superior Court judge has ordered the District government to pay $13.2 million to Santae A. Tribble, who was jailed for 28 years after being wrongfully convicted of killing a Southeast Washington taxi driver in 1978.

The award Friday brings to $39 million the damages amount the city has been ordered or agreed to pay over the past year to three District men wrongly imprisoned for decades.

They were convicted at trial through exaggerated claims about the reliability of FBI forensic hair matches, a pattern uncovered by the D.C. Public Defender Service and featured in a series of articles in The Washington Post.
Judge orders D.C. to pay $13.2 million in wrongful FBI hair conviction case

Hmmm... I believe hair evidence is complicated

Megan Cloherty‏Verified account @ClohertyWTOP
Defense said in opening statements that Wint’s brother gave him two iPhones presumed stolen from the Savopoulos home. That connection hasn’t yet been made. Though the analyst testified Wint didn’t respond to several messages during 5/13-5/14/2015 at time of hostage/killings

8:50 AM - 9 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Per Defense opening statement, curious how defense is going to bring in the iphones allegedly given to DW by his brother (presumed stolen from Savopoulos home), and text photo phones by DW to his GF.

Is this the first time we are hearing this? Can you imagine the rage this instilled inhim?

Also, were the photos DW deleted from his phone able to be brought up again? Did he back them up to icloud or another system? Gee, that would be the nail in DW’s coffin if the prosecution is going to present those as his last piece of evidence!

Would that be allowed if the defense is unaware of the pictures?

I’m pretty sure I can recover deleted photos on my iPhone within 30 days... didn’t they have the phone within 30 days of the murders?

JMO

I’m pretty sure I can recover deleted photos on my iPhone within 30 days... didn’t they have the phone within 30 days of the murders?

JMO
Unless Apple still has trick unknown malware, a Master Reset would delete all photos and restore to factory settings/state. I would hope they are default uploaded to cloud storage though. It is not stated what brand daron wints phone is. That they could forensically analyze it to obtain data that there were photos taken from it at certain times, then deleted says to me the phone was not "factory reset", and we can be sure law enforcement would research any possibility to obtain those images. My own pc tries to grab any photos shown on it from another device and store them.

Last edited:

I can't believe that spin. They would have the complete lab results which I am sure listed what kind of hair was tested. If they didn't look at all discovery then shame on them.

Maybe this is one of the reasons of blaming others seems to be crashing and burning.

I have never had any doubt the DA was fully prepared to refute their illogical unsupported SODDI strategy.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members