GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daron Wint testifying in his own defense in Mansions Murders Trial
10 Oct 2018

WASHINGTON - An ex-convict on trial for the murder of three family members and their housekeeper inside a Northwest D.C. mansion appears poised to testify for the defense.

FOX 5’s Paul Wagner reported the twist in the case via Twitter on Wednesday, shortly after the prosecution rested.

Daron Wint faces a host of charges in connection with the horrific crime, including first-degree murder, kidnapping, arson, and burglary.
Daron Wint testifying in his own defense in Mansions Murders Trial

I haven't been watching the storm (like I usually do) and didn't know you were in the path. Take care!
Thank you for your kind words my friend.

Yes we are right in its path. Our daughter and granddaughter live in Florida. Their area is the area it came into so I have no doubt both homes have catastrophic damage. They evacuated yesterday so that is what is most important. Our granddaughter just had a baby on Oct. 6th. It's been so stressful for all of us and everyone involved.

1. Megan Cloherty‏Verified account @ClohertyWTOP 41m41 minutes ago
    MT Wint periodically wiping tears from his face. But no crying sounds or hitch in his voice. Testifies brother Darrell dropped him off at friend Ed’s house and took the van. (We broke there for lunch.)
  2. Megan Cloherty‏Verified account @ClohertyWTOP 44m44 minutes ago
    Wint testifies on Mon May 11, 2015 his brother Darrell asked him to do a painting/drywall job with him & their brother Steffon on Weds. Wint didn’t have a job at time. On Weds, Darrell told him they didn’t need him anymore but needed his blue van. Wint asked for $300 for the van
  3. Megan Cloherty‏Verified account @ClohertyWTOP 46m46 minutes ago
    Wint testifies when he worked for American Iron Works in 2003, Phil Savopoulos (Savvas’ dad) owned business. He met Savvas once. Never worked for them on side jobs, at their houses and didn’t know where they lived.

Megan Cloherty‏Verified account @ClohertyWTOP
Members of the jury take deep breaths and steel themselves before photos of 10yo Philip Savopoulos’ burned body were shown. Medical examiner detailed injuries, including one 7 inch stab thru abdomen. Can’t say if he was strangled. Time of death unknown 1/2

8:23 AM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

an Cloherty‏Verified account @ClohertyWTOP
Defense: the examiner can’t Philip wasnt dead when fire started or what weapon any of victims were killed with, including whether they were stabbed with letter opener that want collected for testing. Prosecution rests. 2/2

8:27 AM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Defense announces Daron Wint expected to testify today. @WTOP

8:39 AM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Wint testifies when he worked for American Iron Works in 2003, Phil Savopoulos (Savvas’ dad) owned business. He met Savvas once. Never worked for them on side jobs, at their houses and didn’t know where they lived.

11:07 AM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Wint testifies on Mon May 11, 2015 his brother Darrell asked him to do a painting/drywall job with him & their brother Steffon on Weds. Wint didn’t have a job at time. On Weds, Darrell told him they didn’t need him anymore but needed his blue van. Wint asked for $300 for the van

11:09 AM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

MT Wint periodically wiping tears from his face. But no crying sounds or hitch in his voice. Testifies brother Darrell dropped him off at friend Ed’s house and took the van. (We broke there for lunch.)

11:11 AM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

I don't believe jury capable of hearing anything more today after ME introduced photos of PS and his charred remains.

DW testimony last ditch effort for reasonable doubt. He'll probably attempt to take down both his brothers, and JW too by the time he finishes his testimony...

So I guess we’ll see “Ed” on the witness stand next, right? No, of course not.

Apparently AS injuries were “by far the worst” per random trial-watcher .... I guess that sheds some light on why her specific injuries were never reported in the press.

Of all the people this beast could fixate on, why an innocent child in his bed and his poor mother?!?! It’s just unbelievable.

I don't believe jury capable of hearing anything more today after ME introduced photos of PS and his charred remains.

DW testimony last ditch effort for reasonable doubt. He'll probably attempt to take down both his brothers, and JW too by the time he finishes his testimony...

So are those 2 dozen or so deleted photos from DW smartphone going to be introduced in court by the defense?

JMO

I wondered about the timing too.

I agree that the jury members are likely numb after seeing today's photos. How can they absorb info after that? Are they even listening to DW at this point? It would be hard.

But if defense waited until tomorrow, then the images would be the last thing in the jury members minds and would be the only image and info lingering in their thoughts overnight. The defense would want to interfere with that lingering - put something else in their minds....but can they possibly even hear testimony at this point?

Prosecution played it well.

jmo

Apparently AS injuries were “by far the worst” per random trial-watcher .... I guess that sheds some light on why her specific injuries were never reported in the press.

Of all the people this beast could fixate on, why an innocent child in his bed and his poor mother?!?! It’s just unbelievable.
I didn't know AS injuries were the worst. So sorry, Amy. I can only hope all the worst violence happened at the very end and it was fast.

Again, rest in peace, people. The rest of us are here watching to see justice served.

jmo

My guess is to try to get control over SS or something of that nature. Truly vile.

I didn't know AS injuries were the worst. So sorry, Amy. I can only hope all the worst violence happened at the very end and it was fast.

Again, rest in peace, people. The rest of us are here watching to see justice served.

jmo
So, on top of hyperviolent hypercriminality, daron is also misogynistic.

Her injuries were reported yesterday. I think she was OverKilled as Savvas was forced to watch. This crime was to make HIM suffer. IMO

DC mansion killings: Daron Wint on trial
Amy Savopoulos had been stabbed eight times, including three times in the neck, which would have caused significant blood loss, the medical examiner testified. She also suffered skull fractures and blunt force injuries. She appeared to have been struck in the back of the head so severely, parts of her skull were exposed.

Members of the jury take deep breaths and steel themselves before photos of 10yo Philip Savopoulos’ burned body were shown. Medical examiner detailed injuries, including one 7 inch stab thru abdomen. Can’t say if he was strangled. Time of death unknown 1/2

8:23 AM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

an Cloherty‏Verified account @ClohertyWTOP
Defense: the examiner can’t Philip wasnt dead when fire started or what weapon any of victims were killed with, including whether they were stabbed with letter opener that want collected for testing. Prosecution rests. 2/2

8:27 AM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Defense announces Daron Wint expected to testify today. @WTOP

8:39 AM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

11:07 AM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

11:09 AM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

11:11 AM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

7 inch stab to Philip's abdomen? That had to be so deep it would be close to being a through and through stabbing.

How could he do this to such a defenseless helpless terrified child?

That is what terrifies me the most about home intruders like Wint.

They do such unspeakable cruelty to their victims who they know cant stop them

Where does all of this diabolical hatred and rage come from against those they dont even know???

Even most familial murders aren't usually this cruel and filled with agonizing prolonged torture. I think he tortured them all during the entire time be held them captive.

Perhaps DW took his revenge on what he didn't have: Mum's love for her son.

If I recall correctly, SS body found attempting to shield AS. The most brutal ending for this family.

I think he tortured them all during the entire time be held them captive.

Snipped by me.

My initial reaction to this is to put my fingers in my ears in denial. But....I think you're likely correct. And, that probably explains SS's amazing sense of calm on his phone calls. He was doing whatever he could to keep the situation under some control. If DW was hitting AS and/or PS, I can envision SS reacting by complying to demands and not giving DW a reason to injure the victims.

Might be something like:

DW: Give me your money!

SS: I don't have cash in the house.

(DW hits AS)

SS: But I can get you money. Let me make a phone call.

DW: You better get it! (hits again) Make the call.

jmo

You found it. No "delete" option. Just within 15? minutes of posting, EDIT backspace to remove your text and type the word delete.
Last week, this thread and the Cosby thread had a DELETE option available for 59 minutes after clicking Post Reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288