DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by wfgodot, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkf

rkf Inactive

This is not from last night.

2. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Why would he take the photo at all?

3. KristinSchmistin

KristinSchmistin *Awesome* User

Ahhhhh thank you for putting that together with me. I just sat there reading the docs over and over trying to piece it together.... that makes sense. And that's how they caught W1 in the lie about the money details.

FYI, I couldn't find the link to the interview tapper had with lanier- but I think the "two people/money dropoff" thing was possibly not specifically stated in the interview, but stated in the court documents that more than one person was involved- in the handling of the $$- sorry to confuse anyone!!

Also, here's a link to the news story where it talks about more than one person being involved (also on court docs- saying "wint and others" on the first page)
    http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...urder-daron-wint-charging-documents/27788809/

Court docs link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents

Hope that helps! :)

4. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Most criminals are stupid? I think he was bragging to his friend.

5. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

Why would the driver text the person that gave him the money rather than someone who was at the house? The driver reported to SS and it was SS that directed him to do this in the first place rather than the exec or the accountant, so texting them wouldn't accomplish anything as the driver is responsible to SS for delivering the money to home per his orders, not to the exec or the accountant.

6. rkf

rkf Inactive

Why would SS trust this idiot with $40K? Assuming he is not involved, he is not someone I would call when my family's lives depended on getting something done.

7. Advocate1

Advocate1 ~Advocate 4 Justice~

This is what I was pointing out.
    I believe the "Assistant/driver" is Mr. Wint's relative.

Also Im confused about Stephen Wint. Has anyone verified if this is just an alias or if Wint really does have a brother named Stephen Wint??
    Another thought I had is if they are brothers could they be twins and share the same DNA??? Sorry my mind works all angles at the same time sometimes.

8. Just K

Just K New Member

I'm beginning to think those vests were either worn by a phony lawn care crew or they were worn as the group pretended to be working near the home.

9. stmarysmead

stmarysmead Well-Known Member

There's no Steffan Wint as a Facebook friend. If you look at his list of "family" there is one male. Different name.

10. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

OMG! I think you are right!

W1 is the driver/assistant, he sent a photo of some money to W2.
    w2 received a photo of some money sent by W1.
    And, the "other employee" is the one who got the money from the bank.

Yes???

Man, it would be so much easier if they would just say what they mean instead of trying to disguise gender. Thankfully, no one seems to be transgender, otherwise IT might be construed as a slur of some kind.

11. Wysteria

Wysteria Member

Tension breaking humor.
    If we did not have a few posts like this here and there, I think we'd all go nuts.
    Or nuttier than we already are.
    xxxooo

12. GigiG

GigiG New Member

BBM:

So it sounds like there were TWO red cars? And one of them is missing?

13. Joe Friday

Joe Friday Well-Known Member

Since Wint was a former employee of American Iron Works, it would surprise me if other employees (current or former) are involved in the kidnapping/ransom attempt also.

14. Advocate1

Advocate1 ~Advocate 4 Justice~

15. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like more bad reporting. If there were a red car missing, I think police would have been looking for it, showing its photo, etc.

16. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

My head is spinning with all the conflicting info. Time to sit back, take a breath, and wait. As always, hate when that happens

17. GigiG

GigiG New Member

And Chief Lanier cautioned during the press conference that "there is a lot of misinformation out there."

18. Voice4theSilent

Voice4theSilent Well-Known Member

To me it sounds like there are 3 red cars (though I am doubting the report that one is missing.) There were 2 cars in the driveway (blocking the garage) in the photos of the area taped off by LE (one was the Range Rover and one was the red convertible Audi.) The red car that the money was placed in was found in the garage because it was mentioned in the Affidavit that it was searched. If there is another red car missing that would be a 3rd red car and someone would have had to have moved the cars around to leave the two cars blocking the garage when LE showed up.

19. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Of course it's my opinion, who else's would it be?

This is often the case with media reports. And then people will turn themselves into pretzels trying to connect it together when the media reports are more like the end result of 10 people playing "telephone," the game where person #1 whispers something into person #2's ear and the last person in the line has to say what they were told. :rolleyes:

The basic facts are what we know are valid:

4 people were murdered inside a house that was then set on fire

1 person previously employed at company owned/run by husband was for sure arrested and charged and traveling with other people who were taken in at the same time.

Police believe others are involved in the crime

The exchange of the cash probably involved more than 1 person. Those persons may or may not somehow be involved, but that isn't being said right now.

Pizza was delivered to the house. Main suspects DNA was found on discarded pizza crust.

everything else... speculation (aka rumor).

20. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

I re-read the affidavit. Apparently, W2 is not the "other employee" with the authority, but some unknown person who got the photo.
    So, W1 is presumably the assistant who went into the bank with "other employee." "Other employee" withdrew the money and gave the money to W1 to deliver. W1 send a photo of the money to W2 (some unknown person).
    No reason was given in the affidavit why W1 send photo to W2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.