DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by bessie, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hockeymom

hockeymom New Member

one more thing,someone questioned why W-1 needed protection. It never specifies in the document which witnesses need protection,only that 2 of them did.
    W-2,basicaly rats out W-1 by showing the picture he/she was sent. Proves that W-1 is lying. W-3 is an eye witness to whoever is in the Porsche and could potentially identify him. Seems like those 2 are the only 2 needing protection. Not W-1 at all.

2. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

https://twitter.com/keithlalexander

https://twitter.com/phscoop

3. clearskies1

clearskies1 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing something from your post, but my point was that the police had independent evidence to refute the drivers initial story about 1) learning about when to pick up the package; and 2) how he received the money, but the police but do not seem to have had independent evidence to refute his initial story about the third part -- unlocking and locking the red car. The police say he changed his version re unlocking/locking, but why did he change his story when the police did not seem to have evidence to refute it?

4. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

And what is the significance of car being locked or unlocked? Doesn't seem to me like it makes any difference one way or the other.

5. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

I think he probably had a gun but didn't kill them with it because of the noise.

6. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Just had another thought about the significance of W1 lying, maybe.

He first said he received a phone call Thursday instructing him to go AIW and meet Other Employee. W1 then said he and the Other Employee went to the bank to pick up the money. He watched the Other Employee and a bank employee in a transaction.

His second version is that he received a text on Wednesday instructing him to meet Other Employee. In this verison, he is instructed to meet Other Employee and the Other Employee gives him bundles of money from his pocket. In this version, there is no mention of a bank.

W1 sends a photo of the money to W2 at 9am. Banks don't normally open before 9am (and someone on WS checked the bank website and confirmed it opens at 9am). In the second version, W1 did not pick up the package from the bank.

What does this mean? I think it means that wheels were set in motion Wednesday night after banking hours and early Thursday to obtain that money in cash from wherever they could. The fact that it's bundled makes me think it was from the bank, but perhaps this high-level people have money in stack in safes outside the bank. Or, someone at the bank opened early for them. Something happened OTHER than standard banking procedures during standard banking hours, and that might be one more reason for W1 to lie.

Total hunch! Correct me if I'm heading in the wrong direction....or, better yet, tell me the direction I'm heading as I don't know. But I do think the 9am photo is a clue that the money wasn't obtained that morning in a bank with W1 witnessing a transaction.

JMO, speculation.

7. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

For some reason it was significant enough for W1 to lie about it.

8. Peliman

Peliman New Member

A safe deposit box maybe? Won't they need a manager to open it if it existed?

9. Inthedetails

Maybe. Or maybe they were pulling in cash THEY had (at home, at work) and had the driver deliver it. Meanwhile, they kept working that morning to get more cash, now that the banks were open...but time ran out and Wint killed the family and fled. I wonder if he would've kept waiting for more cash and, if so, what made him give up and accept $40K as the total amount.

That $40K has struck many of us as odd. Maybe there were plans that morning to get more. W1 took the photo of the money at 9am and delivered it around 10'ish (I don't recall the exact time). SS was still making phone calls until about noon. That's two hours of time. The fire was reported at 1:15.

There was no reason for Wint to stay in the house from 10am - 12noon unless he was waiting for something more. This is SPECULATION. Edited to add: the $40K has seemed odd to many of us, as if that isn't enough payout for this horrendous crime. Perhaps it was only the first installment.

JMO, speculating and pondering what we know so far.

10. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

What car?

11. yorick

yorick New Member

I posted something about this early in this thread, and the only other thought that came up was that the bank manager was possibly contacted to open the bank up early, if that is even possible. Like, "Hey, Mr. S. really needs us to get this money ASAP."

12. Inthedetails

I'm now really wanting to know what everyone was doing during the late morning of Thursday. SS at least was still alive around noon.

I think there was a noon deadline for a bigger bundle of cash. When it didn't arrive, Wint killed the three adults, poured gas on the boy and around the second floor and down the stairs (as mentioned in the Charging Doc), tossed a match in the boy's bedroom, and sped away. The fire was visible from the boy's window by 1:15 and the firefighters arrived shortly afterwards.

Between 10am-12pm, I wonder if people were still trying to get money for SS. If not, what was Wint doing during those two hours? I think he could commit the murders between 12-1pm, so what happened between 10am-12pm?

I don't think W1 was in on it at this point. I think he was used as a courier. He was at Home Depot after the drop off, which kept him out of the way, imo, while the other business associates pulled strings to get more money. W1 could be called upon again when needed or someone else could make the drop.

TOTAL SPECULATION, thinking aloud of possibilities.

JMO

13. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

Regarding the new martial arts business in Chantilly that SS was opening... does anyone have the name, address, any additional info?

I don't remember seeing it in news reports (but I'm sure there are some I've missed)

14. InItToWinIt

InItToWinIt Member

Snipped a bit by me : [\QUOTE] Meanwhile, they kept working that morning to get more cash, now that the banks were open...but time ran out and Wint killed the family and fled. I wonder if he would've kept waiting for more cash and, if so, what made him give up and accept $40K as the total amount.

That $40K has struck many of us as odd. Maybe there were plans that morning to get more. W1 took the photo of the money at 9am and delivered it around 10'ish (I don't recall the exact time). SS was still making phone calls until about noon. That's two hours of time. The fire was reported at 1:15.

There was no reason for Wint to stay in the house from 10am - 12noon unless he was waiting for something more. This is SPECULATION. Edited to add: the $40K has seemed odd to many of us, as if that isn't enough payout for this horrendous crime. Perhaps it was only the first installment.

JMO, speculating and pondering what we know so far.[/QUOTE]

This ^. I think he/they wanted more $$$$ and got impatient or agitated maybe with one of the victims and that became the end game....

15. clearskies1

clearskies1 Well-Known Member

An initial attempt to exaggerate the steps taken to keep the money secure? If so, why exaggerate? (JMO and total speculation)

16. Inthedetails

That is possible. I'm sure the business associates and SS knew the bank manager personally or socially. JMO

17. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

BBM - What would that have garnered him?

UBM- Perhaps a WS poll?? Who of us would or would not call police if such happened? You betcha I would!!!

18. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Yes. I follow the Jesse Matthews/Hannah Graham case here at WS... and he was first described as short hair. He had his braids/dreads pulled back and even on camera looked to have short hair :moo:

19. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Just for understanding... what leads this posting to believe that SS *apparently* kept vests in the garage vs. the perps brought. Link for that deduction? Or just a :moo: ??

TIA!

20. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Need to look more into WS as to if we can do this more often! We see stuff that is incorrect/questioning and doing a shout out to the reporter to correct. Glad to hear, so at least we on threads can work on the same page

:blowkiss:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.