DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a taxi cab driver, so paying in large sums may happen more often than not. But if someone pulled a bundle of $100s out and negotiated cab ride from MD to NYC, I would be suspicious and would have notified LE. So LE didn't find a "trunk full of cash" as reported by media (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-murder-near-home-address-Northeast-DC.html), I guess it's just a matter of semantics. And LE only recovered $10K from Wint? I wonder if they can track other money somehow, doubtful, but I am sure LE will recover it somehow. I think their are co-conspirators or individuals who aided/abetted/harbored fugitive after the fact. Jmo/

What was reported that at least 10k were recovered with Wint. However much "at least" is.

The difference in wording is IMO, telling, and not in nice way....

the three adults sustained "blunt force and sharp force trauma;" the child's cause of death was "thermal and sharp force injuries."
I "hear" more being knocked out (with blunt) and possibly less pain, cause knocked out. But in sharp force I here pain and agony.

http://circanews.com/news/dc-mansion-murders

V

I would guess all four were restrained so leaving them alone for any reason wasn't an issue. It pains me to picture this.
In the charging documents, we learned that VF was clinging to life when the DCFD made entry. She died or was pronounced dead at an area hospital. I'm wondering why she was the only one still breathing after the fire was set. We know that she too had injuries but we do not know if she succumbed to those injuries, burns from the fire or smoke inhalation. It makes me wonder how the the killer got possession of the car keys and if he forced what he viewed as the easier to control (physically) victim , VF, to help him locate those keys. He obviously kept some of them alive until SS's last known phone call, at 11:56, and VF
was still barely alive when the FD arrived. We also know that both AS and SS were DOA of the FD and they had died from their injuries and not from the fire or smoke inhalation. We know that the three adults were attacked and the the fire was set in PS's bedroom and that he died from thermal injuries. So, why kill him last and so brutally?

I am not a taxi cab driver, so paying in large sums may happen more often than not. But if someone pulled a bundle of $100s out and negotiated cab ride from MD to NYC, I would be suspicious and would have notified LE. So LE didn't find a "trunk full of cash" as reported by media (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-murder-near-home-address-Northeast-DC.html)? I guess it's just a matter of semantics. And LE only recovered $10K from Wint? I wonder if they can track other money somehow, doubtful, but I am sure LE will recover it somehow. I think there are co-conspirators or individuals who aided/abetted/harbored fugitive after the fact. Jmo/

They did convert some of the cash to money orders and may have had to pay a little extra to do that. Curious as to what store/s issued the money orders. Surely that will come out soon.

They did convert some of the cash to money orders and may have had to pay a little extra to do that. Curious as to what store/s issued the money orders. Surely that will come out soon.

And I still don't understand why they converted money into money orders.

The difference in wording is IMO, telling, and not in nice way....

the three adults sustained "blunt force and sharp force trauma;" the child's cause of death was "thermal and sharp force injuries."
I "hear" more being knocked out (with blunt) and possibly less pain, cause knocked out. But in sharp force I here pain and agony.

http://circanews.com/news/dc-mansion-murders

Sharp force as in knife maybe machete?

Who would have been around the child enough to hate him more than his Father? The fire could have been set in the room that the parents and housekeeper were in...but it wasn't. The inferno was intentionally set to destroy that little boy.

One article said AS referred to Phillip was their "little Prince." Who might have despised an adored child with every advantage?

OT: It wouldn't hurt to develop a "danger" word, or name, with your spouse and family. Something like, "If I ever call you by your middle name or your initials in a phone call or text, call 911 immediately." Something a criminal wouldn't pick up on, but something you definitely agreed on with at least your spouse or another loved one.

OT: It wouldn't hurt to develop a "danger" word, or name, with your spouse and family. Something like, "If I ever call you by your middle name or your initials in a phone call or text, call 911 immediately." Something a criminal wouldn't pick up on, but something you definitely agreed on with at least your spouse or another loved one.

Sounds like a good idea. It's very sad that nobody picked up on the signs that something was very wrong.

Maybe they thought paying for stuff with money order less suspicious than cash. Could be DW was planning to leave the U.S. (Unsure how money orders work in other countries).

The court documents also revealed that a driver who worked for Mr. Savopoulos had told differing versions of how $40,000 in cash was obtained from Mr. Savopoulos’s bank and taken to the family’s home — money that officials say the assailants had coerced Mr. Savopoulos into having delivered. It was not clear how significant the inconsistencies were, or whether the driver, who was not identified, was considered a suspect.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/23/us/washington-darron-wint-savopoulos-killings.html?_r=0

Mr. Wint, a licensed welder

he was licensed same link

Someone stated in a prior thread that it could have been an ill-conceived idea of money-laundering the $40,000 cash.

On a sunny Sunday afternoon in April, Savvas Savopoulos, a wealthy iron company executive well known to this city’s elite, gathered his family and friends in the backyard of his stately brick home to grill lamb on a spit and celebrate Greek Orthodox Easter. It was, one guest said, “an idyllic day.”

Now that house is a grisly murder scene.......

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/22/u...atedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

Another thought on the reason for money orders: serial numbers on cash may have been a thought DW had and for the right price the purchase of money orders would not be reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk