DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abcnews.go.com/video/embed?id=31118502

In this video, is that Witness 1...the driver...standing behind NG with his arms folded? He looks like he's supervising her comments.

Screen shot from your link for others to look at as I didn't save photos previously, but I now do and try to share with other :websleuther: to save as the information early in a case is so relevant later on... HTH

Comparison.jpg

Records show Wint worked at a Home Depot in D.C. It's interesting that W-1 went to Home Depot after the money drop off. W-1 either missed or refused to answer SS's calls. He did not return any of SS's calls until 1:40 p.m - 20 minutes after the fire was reported. If he'd just left a large sum of cash in an unlocked car , why didn't he call SS to make sure he got the money? Why didn't he answer his calls?

What is astounding to me in this case is how many calls Savvas made along with text...communicating with so many people yet not one picked up on the desperate signals and red flags he was waving that he was trying so hard to send.:( Imo, all of them were pleas for help he was trying to send the message of....please help........please realize that something very bad is happening to us but it fell on deft ears.:(

It wasn't until after they had been murdered that the parties admitted they felt something wasn't right. But in their defense I guess it is human nature to rationalize things away as being benign because no one really goes around thinking this could be happening to someone they know.

People need to rely on their gut instincts. That is why God gives us these instincts so that we can know when something is wrong.

IMO

Records show Wint worked at a Home Depot in D.C. It's interesting that W-1 went to Home Depot after the money drop off. W-1 either missed or refused to answer SS's calls. He did not return any of SS's calls until 1:40 p.m - 20 minutes after the fire was reported. If he'd just left a large sum of cash in an unlocked car , why didn't he call SS to make sure he got the money? Why didn't he answer his calls?
I don't know of a HD in Chantilly, only a Lowes.

This is a very good question. Another thing. If there is a connection with W-1 and Wint, it may not have been SS calling W-1 at all later in the morning. Wint may have taken SS's phone so as not to use his own. Or maybe to get W-1 to answer. SS may have already been dead during these calls after the money drop, we can't assume he was alive.

Screen shot from your link for others to look at as I didn't save photos previously, but I now other :websleuther: do as the information early in a case is so relevant later on... HTH

View attachment 75234

And do you think it might be the same person that was waiting for hours in this video?

2nd video down the page http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Woodley-Park-Bodies-Fire-Death-303794761.html

and if you go to the 3rd video on this page, the report starts showing a group of people, of which we know one is NG outside the house once it's dark.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/dc/2015/05/14/dc-fire-ems-woodland-drive/27312461/

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...y-suspect-in-savopoulos-murder-case/27908985/

"Hines told us, 'Well, there had to be some connection between Wint worked there, like, 10 years ago so there has to be some connection to someone that Wint knows that's working there now that was able to give the details to know about the money and that they could get the money delivered to the house.'"

The money delivery is very important. So is this statement. To my ears it is implying a possible connection of W-1 (delivery guy/assistant) and Wint.

And maybe the answer to our question "Why the hell would SS have this new assistant drive $40k around town??" - maybe the answer is,
WINT specifically told him to get W-1/the assistant to do it. Maybe WINT picked the method of delivery.
Otherwise, why involve W-1 at all? The "employee" could have put the money in a bag on the porch.

A really big connection is wint's relative that was recently fired from the company. I find that the more likely connection. I don't know what his relative did, but it's funny that he was recently fired and the new assistant recently hired. Maybe the relative that got fired is the main person in all of this.

He was caught over 10 miles away from the scene of the crime. By that logic, everything in Washington, D.C. is near the scene of the crime.

Given how Wint came from about 230 miles away in Brooklyn, I would say he was caught near the scene of the crime. He did a round trip of almost 500 miles to NY and back where he left in a taxi and came back in a convoy. I think something was up, like they might have been trying to retrieve valuables they had left elsewhere (like we don't know where all the burned up car had travelled before it was set on fire and it could have dropped stuff off at a self-storage for instance).

This is a very good question. Another thing. If there is a connection with W-1 and Wint, it may not have been SS calling W-1 at all later in the morning. Wint may have taken SS's phone so as not to use his own. Or maybe to get W-1 to answer. SS may have already been dead during these calls after the money drop, we can't assume he was alive.

Yes. We don't know that it was Amy that phoned through for pizzas, just a woman using Amy's phone right?

And we don't know if it was SS using his phone either.

What is astounding to me in this case is how many calls Savvas made along with text...communicating with so many people yet not one picked up on the desperate signals and red flags he was waving that he was trying so hard to send.:( Imo, all of them were pleas for help he was trying to send the message of....please help........please realize that something very bad is happening to us but it fell on deft ears.:(

In a recent case, a kidnap victim ordered pizza online and typed "call 911." Based on that case alone, If I was the Domino's pizza delivery person, I would have been suspicious of leaving 2 pizzas outside a darkened house. The affidavit said the Domino's employees thought the instructions were unusual. Knowing me, I would have waited in my car to see who came to the door. It's in my nature to be suspicious.
:websleuther:

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...y-suspect-in-savopoulos-murder-case/27908985/

"Hines told us, 'Well, there had to be some connection between Wint worked there, like, 10 years ago so there has to be some connection to someone that Wint knows that's working there now that was able to give the details to know about the money and that they could get the money delivered to the house.'"

The money delivery is very important. So is this statement. To my ears it is implying a possible connection of W-1 (delivery guy/assistant) and Wint.
The article identifies Ms Hines as a "prosecutor".

HOWEVER, Deborah Hines is a criminal attorney in Washington DC who was simply speculating.

Debbie Hines

Washington, D.C. based Debbie Hines is a trial lawyer, former prosecutor and a legal/political commentator. Founder of Legalspeaks.com, a progressive blog on law, politics and women, she is recognized as an influential African-American blogger. She has also authored articles and blogs online for the Huffington Post and OpEdNews.com and speaks on hot legal and political topics and local and national headline legal trials. Hines is frequently featured in the media including the Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Baltimore Sun, USA Today, the Afro, XM Satellite radio, CNN and CBS’s Washington DC affiliate WUSA. She holds a Juris Doctorate from George Washington University School of Law and a BA from the University of Pennsylvania. She is a native of Baltimore, MD.

Debbie Hines is a WMC SheSource expert on Legal Issues and Politics.

http://www.womensmediacenter.com/author/profile/debbie-hines

She is simply offering an opinion.

I'd like to know that as well. Of course, much of our "knowledge" has come from NG...who stated that Mrs. Figueroa asked to work at the house so that she could leave early...at 3PM.

So why was she there at 6PM?

NG also stated that Amy was going out that night. As I recall, SS told her that as they drove into work at the DoJo.

Yet, SS received a call to come home at 5:30PM...because Amy wanted to go out. Some have speculated that VF was still there because she was watching Phillip. But then, Amy could have just left. VF was there. Her husband was heading home.

None of this stuff fits.

I'm still curious as to why VF was still there at 6PM. What were HER plans? Did she call anyone to change them?

I am wondering if the killer was there and forced Amy to call and ask SS to come home early.

I don't get cell service inside home depot or lowes, I always have to go outside. I just don't think they have a connection. I'm guessing since the hardware store he was at was near the new studio, that he was probably getting something needed for that.

Well, yes
That is my point and as was stated, its based on info from the HK
Even if LE says it started at 6, and SS was not there yet, it still could have started without him at the house. We don't have enough info to determine that yet. Would love to have more timing from NG what time she left him, how she got around etc. So it may be conflicting and may not be.

Thank you for the comparison. Not the same guy. But I do not think Witness 1 is "Caucasian" as stated somewhere earlier in the thread.

In a recent case, a kidnap victim ordered pizza online and typed "call 911." Based on that case alone, If I was the Domino's pizza delivery person, I would have been suspicious of leaving 2 pizzas outside a darkened house. The affidavit said the Domino's employees thought the instructions were unusual. Knowing me, I would have waited in my car to see who came to the door. It's in my nature to be suspicious.
:websleuther:

ITA. I think a darkened house would concern the pizza driver because of safety issues.

JMO

A really big connection is wint's relative that was recently fired from the company. I find that the more likely connection. I don't know what his relative did, but it's funny that he was recently fired and the new assistant recently hired. Maybe the relative that got fired is the main person in all of this.

I believe JW was fired from the racetrack in March 2015 and then hired as SS's driver and had only been employed as a driver/assistant with the family for a few months. IMO JW appears to be hispanic not black but thats just MO. Im interested in JW and NG's relations. I personally believe he is the one who sent NG the picture of the 20,000 grand and unfortunately I only draw negative effects on why he did that.

The article identifies Ms Hines as a "prosecutor".

HOWEVER, Deborah Hines is a criminal attorney in Washington DC who was simply speculating.

Debbie Hines

Washington, D.C. based Debbie Hines is a trial lawyer, former prosecutor and a legal/political commentator. Founder of Legalspeaks.com, a progressive blog on law, politics and women, she is recognized as an influential African-American blogger. She has also authored articles and blogs online for the Huffington Post and OpEdNews.com and speaks on hot legal and political topics and local and national headline legal trials. Hines is frequently featured in the media including the Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Baltimore Sun, USA Today, the Afro, XM Satellite radio, CNN and CBS’s Washington DC affiliate WUSA. She holds a Juris Doctorate from George Washington University School of Law and a BA from the University of Pennsylvania. She is a native of Baltimore, MD.

Debbie Hines is a WMC SheSource expert on Legal Issues and Politics.

http://www.womensmediacenter.com/author/profile/debbie-hines

She is simply offering an opinion.

I assumed it was one of the prosecutors on the case. It sure is easy to get an impression based on how things are worded. Thanks - I will take it with a grain of salt then until LE connected to the case says it.

I am wondering if the killer was there and forced Amy to call and ask SS to come home early.

Related to that I'm trying to understand NG's whereabouts as she's said that she was with SS and that SS received a call from AS to come home at 5:30, yet without there being an accomplice it looks like SS was driving himself and arrived home without either NG or the driver. This sort of trip seems exactly like the type he would use a driver given how it was a good distance and it started during office hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3bell4010066bppts