DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by bessie, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

So true. If SS was able to come up with a bag full of 500K, then my suspect list would widen. But 40k divided by a few people? :no:

2. bondno9

bondno9 New Member

Thanks. That's what I was thinking.

3. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

I don't think $40K was the goal that anyone had - that was the amount obtained, not that DW premeditated kidnapping and killing the entire S family for $40K regardless of how many others were involved.

4. rkf

rkf Inactive

1) How do you know that?
    2) That doesn't make him a friend, especially if he was getting paid - that makes him an employee.

5. rkf

rkf Inactive

Given what we've learned about W1 thanks to his social media posts, I think the S Famly would have been repulsed by W1. I know I am...

6. Peliman

Peliman New Member

Here's where JW's problem comes in. He supposedly delivered 40k to an unlocked car and police recovered ??? 10,000 plus some money orders and $100 bills. If any of it is missing they want to account for $40,000. They are calling for an audit and balance sheet of where the money went, every penny.

7. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris Well-Known Member

People who've landed in the frame as part of the '$40,000 Home Invasion Conspiracy' since this crime started being discussed ..

NG the housekeeper
    JW the driver
    Florida Relative

People who've been mentioned by media, or commented publicly on this case ..

See list above.

Anyone noticing a pattern?

Prediction: If anyone else is mentioned by media and has an opinion, another relative, another staff member, any friends of any of the players etc, they will also become suspects.

Just saying.

8. rkf

rkf Inactive

She is NOT hearing her info from other family members because her mother was cut off from the rest of the family. Family members who would have been briefed by LE are not in contact with the girl's mother. If she was in touch with other family members, she would not be going through social media to try to reach them - she would already have contact information.

I'm not saying she is part of a conspiracy. I'm just saying this connection could really get some peoples' motors revving!

9. clearskies1

clearskies1 Well-Known Member

I see your point, but if DW isn't talking (and apparently he's not) how will they know how much was actually delivered? DW could have stashed $$$ in Brooklyn and other places. JMO.

10. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

I feel pretty stupid but I couldn't find the comments! :(

11. corundogs

corundogs Active Member

Well, DDW and friends had that money for a week before he was arrested. I am sure he spent some of that money doing whatever. And not sure they will just accept DDW's possible word that he didn't receive all that money.

IF W-1 is involved...I am pretty sure DDW would have said "YEAH, we got $40K but W-1 kept his half...and he was involved like this!"

DDW might not implicate his buddies he was found with, but I am sure he would have no trouble ratting out W-1. Since if he is involved, I would think he would be the "mastermind". Not DDW.

Of course, that is just my feelings on that...

12. katydid23

Yes, very odd. When I first read her comment it was the first I had heard of the 40k drop off. And I assumed she knew because she was 'family.' But now I am very curious to know where she got that info back then.:waitasec:

13. corundogs

corundogs Active Member

You aren't the only one...

14. Carolyn1963

Carolyn1963 New Member

I find it hard to believe the young son was racing mid week. However, my kids choice of sports was football and basketball. They had practice mid week. I do not understand the sport enough to comment what is typical or not.

I have no idea if the son was really sick or suffered an injury. No info from his school which I totally understand. The only part I have a hard time understanding is he if did suffer a concussion and AS commented in the media...in the past..how challenging it is...why tell your husband you are going out and rush home because you are going "out". Maybe trying to send a red flag to SS?

15. Just K

Just K New Member

I had the same thought :D

16. rkf

rkf Inactive

Four people were brutally murdered and set on fire. Anyone who puts himself or herself at the center of the investigation or media attention is suspicious to me. If it was my family or employer, and I was torn up about their deaths, I would not be preening for the cameras and lying to LE. I'm not saying any or all of them are guilty (okay, I think one of them is), I'm saying their behavior is suspicious. They each had the option to cooperate with police if asked, and politely refuse comment to MSM.

17. katydid23

ESPECIALLY if W1 had doublecrossed him and kept 2ok. I think DW would throw him under the bus really quick for that.

18. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

At least the lawn crew are finally cleared :lol:

19. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

Exactly. Much better than making sure the 8 year olds reach 48" on the measuring pole before he buckles them in at the Autobahn birthday party :partyguy:

20. catdoggy21

catdoggy21 New Member

Took forever to load for me

Here is the comment that was posted:
    Amateur race car driver? He worked at a go kart track. He was fired. Savvas hired him as a driver and trusted him with $40,000? Hmm..I have a hunch, but I know them and not gonna say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.