DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by bessie, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkf

rkf Inactive

But implicating W1 would implicate himself. I imagine he's not talking to LE at all! Especially if he's going to go with the I ate a bite of pizza I found lying in a dumpster and then someone took the box with the crust into the murder scene.... JK about that last part.

2. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

When I was looking at his SM I checked the dates on two of his postings and one was a Friday and the other was a Monday.

3. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I couldn't either. lol

4. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris Well-Known Member

If she is assumed to be the daughter of the estranged sister, LE may have given them information, OR they may well be connected via other family members, I think that is a lot more realistic than the idea that she is connected to the crime somehow??

5. indigomood

indigomood Active Member

when I first go to the link, the comment isn't visible but when I refresh the page, it shows up

6. katydid23

YEP. So they each collected about 6k for their trouble.

7. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I couldn't at first either. Look for the symbol that looks like a comic-strip text bubble and click on it to get to the comments. I think it's near the top of the page. I haven't been to the page since it was first posted, so I'm going off memory. HTH.

8. Peliman

Peliman New Member

For all we know LE has questioned DW about it and even asked if he did. Then repeated his story 15 times looking for inconsistencies. LE may have scared DW so bad he sought advice of a lawyer who told him to not answer any more questions.

I only wish I knew what inconsistent statements DW has made so far. It wouldn't be beyond procedure to play one against the other, several times.

I'm sure that's what LE are sorting out right now. I'm not convinced the audit is complete and LE is squeezing everyone to find out why.

9. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

Let's wait until DCPD releases the count. The arrest papers report an estimate of over $10K in money orders, and in the box truck "in plain view a large stack of hundred dollar bills". And reports of two of those in the truck having cashed $2,500 each themselves.
    DW had been on the run for a week already and we know he spent $1,000 on a ride back to DC

10. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

It took me awhile but I found it... it was only a hunch someone had. Nothing imo

11. blessedlife

blessedlife Well-Known Member

Let's not forget who leaked that message.......

12. bostonstrong

bostonstrong New Member

lets say one of those scenarios is right......why is she spreading this stuff online? lets say she's not involved.......she's just leaching off the family tragedy trying to get back in?

kinda like when jaycee dugard came home and her father who'd never bothered to see her before she was born showed up and 'demanded' a paternity test and to see her.

13. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

I don't think DDW would do that without a plea bargain. If he had done that all he would have done is provided a confession for not only himself but whoever else was involved. I think right now DDW just has a court assigned public defender and hasn't gotten a lawyer yet, which much of Ficker talks, he doesn't actually represent DDW.

14. katydid23

I don't know it for a fact. I would just assume he liked an innocent 10 yr old that had the same love for go-karting as he did.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe he is a callous, coldblooded monster that was fine with the kid being set on fire alive. But NOTHING that I have seen that is any indication that he has a violent past or a criminal history. Unlike the man in jail now.

15. Peliman

Peliman New Member

I agree it's all we can do. We can't forget 4 or 5 other people were released and DCPD is probably squeezing them too. Maybe even offer a plea bargain to some.

16. katydid23

And I bet he gave some to his girlfriend and spent some at HJ and on various 'party' drugs with his entourage. Just a hunch.

17. birpu

birpu New Member

Well now with the GF as the photo recipient, I'm once again not sure what to think.

There seems to be something funny with the money beyond the photo. The charging docs did say there was no sign of "a manilla envelope, loose cash or any other items on the front seat or floor of the vehicle." Why would they bother to say that? It sounds like they thought money might be missing. And why the switch to an envelope anyway? I can still think of innocent reasons for those things. It's just peculiar to have to come up with so many for one witness - one who delivered all that money.

I wonder if there was something said in a voice mail or text that went unanswered that we are not privy to. Like, "where's the rest?" :)
    We can only speculate, though, and I feel pretty useless doing that.

18. KALI

KALI On Time Out

This case breaks my heart. Just like the Petites case brook my heart.
    Good people along with their children, tortured, over dozens of hours and murdered in their own homes.
    You have to know that they pleaded for their children's lives over these hours of horrors.
    Both of these families did good deeds with the successes they earned during their lives.

Both families did not see the Evil coming. Would You?
    What will always blow me away, is the mind set of these completely cruel human beings.
    Absolute, cold blooded torture and murder.
    I, personally do not think that people who invade a home, torture the family, and kill family members, can EVER be reformed.
    EVER.

19. corundogs

corundogs Active Member

I am beyond confused why that report said that.

I mean, DDW took the money. Why would it still be in the car?

20. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

iirc LE said DW isn't talking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.