DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday W1s name was in the media along with the news that he is staying out of the public eye. Then we hear that he is cooperating with LE. Next thing that hits the news is the cars are towed.

Not sure what that means, but it could mean W1 gave some pertinent info about the cars very recently. (I am a bit surprised the cars weren't taken in for investigation earlier than this.
JMO
The DC police have been guarding the property since the fire. This probably means they are close to releasing the crime scene.

I will try to find the list of vehicles - dark grey suv is an additional one. Hadn't seen nor heard of it before tonight.

Honestly, I just don't understand the cavalier habit of keeping $80-$100,000 cars parked in an open driveway, on a corner lot, on a city street or parked curbside. I guess they put a lot of confidence in the hired neighborhood security service. Even the walk up to the front door was not gated nor was the play area with the soccer net. (I know it has been said that from time to time they even left the garage door up.)

Today as I drove through some high end neighborhoods, I made a few observations. First, I noticed that five out of five of the lawn care services, had workers in no uniforms or company logo shirts. Secondly, they all had unmarked pickup trucks or vans which the workers used to carry their weed whackers and lawn mowers. One even had old tires in the back. It just occurs to me: It must be illegal to carry lawnmowers, weed whackers, and gas cans, filled with gas, inside a closed cargo van.

One more thing I noticed was the large numbers of homes where the garage door was wide open.

I will try to find the list of vehicles - dark grey suv is an additional one. Hadn't seen nor heard of it before tonight.
Mosler - Parked Inside the garage on the right side (With the red Audi coupe parked behind it)
Audi Red Coupe Parked on the right side of the driveway
Range Rover White Parked on the left side of the driveway
Porsche 911 Blue Parked on the street, in the morning, on the day of the fire.
Land Rover Grey/Tan Parked on 32nd Street

Not Mentioned by Authorities:
The Dark Colored Bentley

List of vehicles:
4 dr Bentley
Porsche 911
White Porsche SUV
White Range Rover
Red Audi
Red Mosler
Dark Grey SUV (Land Rover)?

If the crime was down to DW and his personal hand-picked crew, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't think they could get a million. All they would see is a very rich guy, a head honcho with a huge bank roll whom they fantasize can cash in all his chips with a phone call. They work on him for hours, during which time they force him to ward off any interruptions from the outside world but Mr. F still comes knocking, a lawn crew appears, and the clock is ticking...realizing more time brings them closer to discovery and that there's no more pickings to be got, one of them, likely DW loses it and sets in motion the horrific denouement figuring to escape with what they could and incinerate any evidence, especially witnesses. Maybe they planned to kill the family all along, whatever their take. We don't know if they made any efforts to disguise their faces. The brutality, the conflagration can be read easily as spite and rage, rather than a long-simmering and personal revenge. In this scenario then the relative's firing and DW's years previous machete beer-fueled mania near the company would be coincidental. As another poster on WS said of this case, hard to read the mind of demonic evil. We can only speculate while we hope and pray LE is lining up its ducks and crossing its t's, dotting its i's so that whoever was behind such a heartless, sickening, and reckless "plan" no more roams free. Can't get this one out of my head. May the survivors find comfort and courage to continue.

A friend of Amy Savapoulos said she usually drove the White Porsche SUV

OMG!!! The gas door is open on the Land Rover which was parked on the street and can be seen in many of the early news reports!
7913936_G.jpg

Great observation about the gas door being open. Earlier I speculated that Wint might have siphoned gas from one of the family cars, or forced SS to do this.

Are you sure about the Land Rover being spotted parked on the street? Where has it been since that time, if it's only being towed away now?

I think the car you're thinking about is a Ford, shown in this distant shot in front of the police van:

7824729_G.jpg

This may be a detail shot of the same vehicle:

7815833_G.jpg

The first shot shows the white Porsche SUV and red Audi parked in the driveway. This means that the Mosler and the Land Rover could have been the cars parked inside the garage that day. W-1 may have had the Bentley. And SS may have come home in the Porsche 911.

If the Land Rover were in the garage, it would be a logical candidate for use in siphoning gas. The door would be left open in case Wint decided he wanted to siphon more gas.

I wonder who was last to see the blue Porsche - VF's husband, driver, neighbor, gardeners. Just throwing this out there, maybe it was taken out hours before the fire.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/timeline-slaying-wealthy-family-washington-31212189

10:30 a.m. — The family's 2008 blue Porsche 911 is last seen at the home, D.C. police Chief Cathy Lanier said. Later in the day, it is found torched in a parking lot in New Carrollton, Maryland, about 13 miles from the Savopoulos house.

Great observation about the gas door being open. Earlier I speculated that Wint might have siphoned gas from one of the family cars, or forced SS to do this.

Are you sure about the Land Rover being spotted parked on the street? Where has it been since that time, if it's only being towed away now?

I think the car you're thinking about is a Ford, shown in this distant shot in front of the police van:

7824729_G.jpg

7815833_G.jpg

The first shot shows the white Porsche SUV and red Audi parked in the driveway. This means that the Mosler and the Land Rover could have been the cars parked inside the garage that day. W-1 may have had the Bentley. And SS may have come home in the Porsche 911.

If the Land Rover were in the garage, it would be a logical candidate for use in siphoning gas. The door would be left open in case Wint decided he wanted to siphon more gas.
I don't know for sure but I remember seeing it...or at least I thought I saw it in more than one early video...parked on the street. I even wondered if it might belong to the Cleaning Service (NG) because it was amongst the cheapest of all the cars...I think $42,000.

I wonder who was last to see the blue Porsche - VF's husband, driver, neighbor, gardeners. Just throwing this out there, maybe it was taken out hours before the fire.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/timeline-slaying-wealthy-family-washington-31212189

10:30 a.m. — The family's 2008 blue Porsche 911 is last seen at the home, D.C. police Chief Cathy Lanier said. Later in the day, it is found torched in a parking lot in New Carrollton, Maryland, about 13 miles from the Savopoulos house.

No, since W3 saw it being driven away at 1:30 pm by a black male with short hair.

7824729_G.jpg

7815833_G.jpg

You can see the grayish tan colored Range Rover SUV in this slide show (see picture 20).

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29066982/four-dead-fire

It was parked right in front of the house.

If gas was siphoned from one of the family cars parked outside (if they couldn't get gas from the Mosler) this would have been the logical vehicle because the gas filler faces the sidewalk and so a person siphoning gas would be less noticeable.

You can see the grayish tan colored Range Rover SUV in this slide show (see picture 20).

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29066982/four-dead-fire

It was parked right in front of the house.

If gas was siphoned from one of the family cars parked outside (if they couldn't get gas from the Mosler) this would have been the logical vehicle because the gas filler faces the sidewalk and so a person siphoning gas would be less noticeable.

This is slide 20:
7774614_G.jpg

The vehicle at left-center is not parked in front of the house, IMO. The wall is too tall, and it's topped with a fence instead of shrubbery, and there's too much yard, no steps, etc.

Again I come back to the question, where has the Land Rover been in the past 2 weeks, if it's only being towed away now? Because all the recent shots show no vehicle at all in front of the house:

GTY_washington_dc_house_fire_jt_150520_16x9_992.jpg

savvas-savopoulos-2.jpg

Note that at one point, there was a Jeep parked on the side street. I assume that this was driven to the scene by someone after the event:

fatal-fire-washington-dc.jpg

For what reason might JW have claimed the car was locked? I honestly don't know and am asking. I do not mean to imply that this particular lie is incriminating. Just do not understand whatever the reason could be that would account for it. Do hope to hear one or two or three!

This is slide 20:
7774614_G.jpg

The vehicle at left-center is not parked in front of the house, IMO. The wall is too tall, and it's topped with a fence instead of shrubbery, and there's too much yard.

I think those cars may be on the side street, 32nd St. On that side across from the S mansion is an estate much larger than the S mansion. That yard is the back of it.

I think those cars may be on the side street, 32nd St. On that side across from the S mansion is an estate much larger than the S mansion. That yard is the back of it.
And, that is basically the same spot where we saw the Audi parked on either Google Street view or Bing. The trim and the size and shape match up with the Land Rover. IMO

Also, I believe that is just up from the corner on the driveway side of the house.

No, since W3 saw it being driven away at 1:30 pm by a black male with short hair.

The poster indicated that abc news reported that the Porsche was last seen at the home at 10:30 am, and wondered who reported last seeing it there at that time. While W-3 saw the car being driven on New York Av NE 3 hours later -- at approx 1:30 pm -- the poster's question is a legitimate one and it hasn't been answered.

Peliman,I was a corner marshall for 10 years for tracks in the southeast and my husband races sportbikes.Yes,It is very expensive and without sponsers most costs come from your own pocket.We could have bought a second home with all the money on tires,parts,fuel,fees,hotels.

Ahhh cuffem, most exciting racing IMO... I can't tell you how many sportbikes I've seen go down on weekends. I hope your husband didn't get hurt, we have airlifted a few sports bikers. Here's a few pics for memories.

For those looking, the yellow plate with number indicates amateur racers and white plates indicate experts.

Attachments

• cycle.jpg
    cycle.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 31
  • cycle1.jpg
    cycle1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 28
  • cycle2.jpg
    cycle2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 28
  • cycle3.jpg
    cycle3.jpg