DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by bessie, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
    By Greg Botelho, CNN
    Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
    Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.[HR][/HR]Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
    By NBC Washington and News4
    Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
    Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

[HR][/HR]

Thread #1 Thread #2
    Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7

2. Loading...

3. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

4. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

5. rkf

rkf Inactive

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Attached Files:

6. Coldpizza

Coldpizza WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Continue discussion here

7. serena

serena New Member

I'm the friend who said Amy drove a Porsche SUV. She did used to drive this car but it was dark not white and I never said it was white. I'm now thinking that was a few years ago that she had the car. Hope this clarifies that.

8. kammiemc

kammiemc New Member

I think we've heard that LE has a lot of video from around the area and have also established that the peeps entered the house in green vests, which they used to look like they had a reason for lurking. And green vests were found.

Also, Porsche driving erratically on Weds. Last seen at the house at 10:30 Thurs.

I think if DNA never existed and subsequently led to the discovery of DW with roughly half of the amount of cash taken from the bank, then based on JW's lies, as LE i would certainly be investigating connections between JW and unsavory characters who might be capable of murder (or even ones who have threatened to kill their own parents!) Part of that would include scouring the records of people in the neihborhoods that JW had lived. In this case, they would have found DW that way. And they also have his DNA. And for all we know they have proof of past communication between the two.

Good question!

9. birpu

birpu New Member

Then.... maybe the bucket was empty and he was heading to siphon the Porsche and... torsche! He he. I actually reviewed that video the other day to see if it looked like he was carrying liquid in it. It didn't to me, either. But a bucket for siphoning would make a lot of sense, and then, unless he's really dumb or really likes that bucket, he would burn it too. LE might just have that bucket.

10. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

Was there construction going on in the neighborhood in the week prior to the murders?
    I'm sorry about your friends. I bet Amy was a special lady

11. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I think he deleted it all because of the many pictures with the boss's cars, etc. he knew how bad that would look. It does not mean he was guilty though, imo.

12. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition New Member

Which if that was the case they'd still have to have a very strong reason for being part of that convoy and there being a convoy to begin with. If there was no convoy and Wint was caught in the truck that would be one thing, but Wint was in car and if all he's doing is flipping the cash, there's no need for the truck and having a needless convoy with a specialized commercial truck is only going to draw more attention to yourself.

13. corundogs

corundogs New Member

Thanks!!!

14. birpu

birpu New Member

I think they would have continued to observe Wint and not made the arrest except that he is obviously capable of unspeakable things and a known danger to the public. I think that is why they let everyone go for now. To observe and protect the public from Wint himself at the same time. Also - I'm sure they didn't want to risk him getting away.

15. corundogs

corundogs New Member

I read here, but didn't verify myself, that a bucket was shown being removed from his father's house when the search warrant was carried out. Hard to say if it is the same white bucket...my Dad has multiple white 5 gallon buckets. Some in the garage, some in the storage shed.

Though it was reported, also unverified by myself, that DDW was seen hanging out on the porch of his father's house shortly after the murders.

16. birpu

birpu New Member

I would also bet that one of the first things LE does in an investigation these days is download all social media accounts for people involved in any way, including the victims. I bet they have it all.

17. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

I just want to clarify this: A neighbor stated she saw the Porsche leaving/driving down the street at a high rate of speed on Weds afternoon. A witness saw the Porsche driving erratically on Thursday.

18. SpanishInquisition

Yes, there can be many reasons why people aren't immediately charged

19. corundogs

corundogs New Member

That is of course, true.

But I would think if LE had any sort of evidence that JW was involved...he would not be walking free more than 2 weeks after the crime. If he was involved, he is as potentially dangerous as DDW. Or at least charged with something, and then released on bail or something? Or maybe I am just naive.

20. SpanishInquisition

Is it clear with what was seen on Wednesday whether they were speeding to or speeding away from the house? Could that have been SS? I raise it being SS since I think if they only had one Porsche that they both drove since they are both members of a Porsche club and it would be rather silly for SS to belong to the club if he didn't even drive a Porsche (or that the S family owned more than one Porsche).

21. kammiemc

kammiemc New Member

Thanks, you are right. Sorry! Porsche seen driving erratically away from crime scene with black man with short, well-groomed hair THURS. Fast driving was a Weds.

Do we know the times of these sightings? I am thinking if the last time the Porsche was seen in the neighborhood was 10:30 on Thurs, that the erratic driver sighting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.