DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing: W1 and W2 because they are known to each other and therefore if one is in hot water, they both may be. W3 is unrelated to the other witnesses iIMO.

I wonder if W2 has been MIA along W/JW?

serena, my prayers go out to you and the girls and the rest of the family.

like i said yesterday in that quote, hope still lives when you least expect it. hope still lives on in these girls.

JMO

Regarding DW's court filing, I have no idea who or why this motion was filed.

06/01/2015 Motion to Quash Filed: Motion to Quash Subpoenas Filed:
Attorney: COHEN JR, Mr VINCENT H (471489)

So the assumption is that the reporter misspoke and she meant that SS left the dojo at 3:30? LE has said that he received a call at the dojo at 5:30, so she would have had to get both the name and the time wrong. I guess that could be the case, but I wouldn't completely write off that she actually meant that the boss's assistant was at the dojo with him and left at 3:30. That would be a highly probable scenario if they were getting ready for an opening and running around doing errands.
From everything else that was reported, SS left the dojo close to 6 pm.

It says "both witnesses" is it W1-W2 or W3... What combo? telling! If it's W2 & W3 then
W3 could have witnessed JW driving Porsche W/vest. If W1 & W2 then DW might have some peeps after them.

what I infer is that the identities of W-1 and W-2 were known to Wint. W-3 was an eyewitness whose identity LE could protect.

Both W-1 and W-2 had been employed at the go-Kart track and Wint was stopped with a rolling garage. I think they are all tied together somehow.

JMO

Hi all, I've been lurking here for quite a while now and thought I'd chime in and give my two cents. This crime is so horrific and I have been captivated by it. Every day I hope for new evidence or new information that will help to solve this heartbreaking crime.

If this theory or idea has been posted elsewhere, forgive me. I haven't seen any thoughts specifically on this, but I may have missed something in the last 9 threads. I also am hoping I have all the facts straight, but there is a lot of dispute, so again, forgive me if I have missed something.

A thought I have been having is that perhaps JW did not know what the money was for. It sounded like he may have been a bit on the outs with the family, at least as far as being PS's driving instructor (it was stated in the thread earlier that PS's new driver said the family was backing away from JW in that capacity). Perhaps JW was angered at this or upset in some way...maybe he continued to work for SS, but he was not pleased with the situation. Maybe he had no knowledge of the hostage situation and was simply delivering the $40,000, but decided to take a cut of it for himself. Maybe he felt he deserved it after all his hard work and thought he could use the money to further his own driving career. He dropped $20,000 in the garage (there is only about $20,000 calculated to have been found with DW, correct?) and kept the other $20,000 for himself. He texted a photo to his gf, maybe to show her that he finally got what he 'deserved' out of all of this. Then he left the area. If DW was expecting the arrival of $40,000, but only found $20,000 in the envelope, he could have been angered. This could have prompted the final call from SS to JW, which JW did not pick up. Perhaps DW, someone who is clearly psychopathic and off the rails, could have killed the family in anger when he did not receive all of the money that he was expecting. JW crying later on could be him not realizing the severity of the situation or not knowing that the family was being held hostage and feeling blame for the fact that the family may have died in part due to his actions. His lies at the beginning to LE could have been to try and cover the fact that he stole some of the money for himself. Perhaps he never intended things to turn out how they did, but he did intend to take some of the money.

Just a thought. JMO.

If it were not for that pizza, I fear he may have very well gotten away with this crime and that's pretty scary.

Perhaps, however I am sure when LE saw the half eaten pizza they knew instantly that was their best chance of quickly getting DWs DNA from his saliva. The police have been seen coming out of the home with loads of other evidence. I think they will find way more than just his DNA on the pizza. Its just a very good beginning but will not encompass all of the evidence once everything has been tested. IMO

Since he was unsuccessful in burning the home and the fire was mostly confined to Philip's room I believe the best evidence that will be found connecting DW to these hideous murders will be on the victims themselves.

I have read many times where a Prosecutor has said that the best evidence they usually have comes from the victims themselves.

I remember a case that happened over 20 years ago now about a young woman who was murdered and she was bound with duct tape/weighted down and her body thrown in a creek. Even though she was submerged in water for 7 months Dr. Baden was able to retrieve fingerprints of the murderer from the sticky side of the tape. Now forensic testing has advance way beyond what it was back then.

Also duct tape almost becomes like a magnet when it comes to trace evidence such as fibers and hairs along with fingerprints.

All of this will take time for the lab to run the results and return their findings to LE.

I am very comfortable in thinking they will have way more evidence against DW than his DNA on the pizza however that is a monumental piece of evidence, no doubt about it.... since it logically cant be rationalized/explained away....no matter what the wacky defense attorney has to say. That is why so many think Flicker is a loose nut. Nothing he says makes commonsense.

IMO

Cache is your friend :daisy: (Housekeeper referring to #1 in below transcript from yesterday)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1506/01/cg.02.html

BROWN: She said she met him back in March. She recently started working for the family and she said that he worked at the family's home and also drove Mr. Savopoulos.

She said the last time she had seen or heard from him was the day before the murders. She said that he was at the martial art center that Savvas Savopoulos was trying to open.

That he left at around 3:30 p.m. that day and she said she has spoken to a lot of people since the murders who knew the family and no one had seen or heard from him.

Cache is your friend :daisy: (Housekeeper referring to #1 in below transcript from yesterday)

This woman said so many things, some (to put it nicely) opposing to each other.
For instance, it was reported she personally talked to this assistant and he told her he delivered the money.
So how can she now claim no one heard from him since the murders, when she herself heard from him since the murders, according to what she herself told reporters?

Regarding DW's court filing, I have no idea who or why this motion was filed.

06/01/2015 Motion to Quash Filed: Motion to Quash Subpoenas Filed:
Attorney: COHEN JR, Mr VINCENT H (471489)

HTH

Quash Definition: To set aside. To set aside; to rescind; to vacate; to render null and void. To quash a conviction means to set it aside as if it never existed. A motion to quash seeks to rescind a previous decision or a document or decision.

http://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/vincent-h-cohen-jr-takes-office-acting-us-attorney
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Vincent H. Cohen, Jr. Takes Office as Acting U.S. Attorney

WASHINGTON – Vincent H. Cohen, Jr. took office today as Acting United States Attorney for the District of Columbia. He succeeds Ronald C. Machen Jr., who resigned after serving more than five years in office.

Nice work! I have not heard that she has retracted that statement or that MSM has made any clarifications, so I am predisposed to believe this a likely scenario. In fact, it would actually seem kind of odd if SS's assistant wasn't helping him out at the dojo or doing errands involving the dojo in prep for the opening. It sounds like it was quite important to SS and that is, after all, what assistants do: assist. :innocent:

what I infer is that the identities of W-1 and W-2 were known to Wint. W-3 was an eyewitness whose identity LE could protect.

Both W-1 and W-2 had been employed at the go-Kart track and Wint was stopped with a rolling garage. I think they are all tied together somehow.

JMO

But if W3 can ID whoever he saw, he could be the most important and his life could be the most in danger.

JAKE TAPPER: Pamela, the longtime housekeeper to whom you referred also talked about the father's assistant. What did she have to say?

PAM BROWN: She said the last time she had seen or heard from him was the day before the murders. She said that he was at the martial art center that Savvas Savopoulos was trying to open.

That he left at around 3:30 p.m. that day and she said she has spoken to a lot of people since the murders who knew the family and no one had seen or heard from him.​

So, there it is. The last time she saw Wallace was at about 3:30 pm on Wednesday.

THE LEAD WITH JAKE TAPPER

New Details In Family Killings; Researchers Hail New Cancer Treatment; Antique Apple Computer Accidentally Recycled; Vice President's Son, Beau, Veteran Dies. Aired 4:30-5p ET

Aired June 1, 2015 - 16:30 ET

JAKE TAPPER: Pamela, the longtime housekeeper to whom you referred also talked about the father's assistant. What did she have to say?

PAM BROWN: She said the last time she had seen or heard from him was the day before the murders. She said that he was at the martial art center that Savvas Savopoulos was trying to open.

That he left at around 3:30 p.m. that day and she said she has spoken to a lot of people since the murders who knew the family and no one had seen or heard from him.​

So, there it is. The last time she saw Wallace was at about 3:30 pm on Wednesday.

THE LEAD WITH JAKE TAPPER

New Details In Family Killings; Researchers Hail New Cancer Treatment; Antique Apple Computer Accidentally Recycled; Vice President's Son, Beau, Veteran Dies. Aired 4:30-5p ET

Aired June 1, 2015 - 16:30 ET

Yet she also claimed she confirmed with him that he delivered the money (in published msm reports).
So how exactly did she do that if she last heard from him the day before the murders?

BROWN: She said she met him back in March. She recently started working for the family and she said that he worked at the family's home and also drove Mr. Savopoulos.

She said the last time she had seen or heard from him was the day before the murders. She said that he was at the martial art center that Savvas Savopoulos was trying to open.

That he left at around 3:30 p.m. that day and she said she has spoken to a lot of people since the murders who knew the family and no one had seen or heard from him.

^^^ My quote from above. Yet she has mentioned many times she has spoken to him since the day before the murders :doh: :doh: And weren't they at the Lowe's together or something like that on THURSDAY?

I'm sooooo confused lol.

But if W3 can ID whoever he saw, he could be the most important and his life could be the most in danger.

but Wint didn't know his identity prior to being arrested. The danger was because Wint had not been found yet.

All of the things she said can not all be true. First she claimed security system was always on. Now she claims it was almost never on and doors were left open.
She claimed she knew about the money and confirmed that assistant delivered the money.
Then she claimed she knew nothing about the money.
Now she claims she hasn't heard from assistant since the day before the murders.
So how did she confirm with him that he delivered the money?
Does she tell reporters what they want to hear? Or do reporters just make up what she tells them? Because I don't understand that many contradictions otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks