DC - SCOTUS to hear arguments in 1984 murder of Catherine Fuller

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by wfgodot, Dec 14, 2016.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Washington Post:

Supreme Court agrees to hear arguments in horrific 1984 D.C. murder case

From 2012; more background, details of crime:

In 1984 murder case, court to examine allegations of prosecutor misconduct

2. Loading...

3. monkeypants

monkeypants Do or do not there is no try.

Omg I recoiled in horror reading this. What is wrong with humanity???

4. Tawny

Tawny Bye

Based on a few of the things mentioned in the article, I'd say it needs to be reviewed.

5. anya

anya wait what?

I'm glad this case is being picked up again. I remember hearing about this when I was growing up. It will always be one of the most hideous, disturbing cases I've heard of. Something about the whole thing has never sat right with me, though. By the time this happened in 1984, so much of DC had turned into a literal hellhole - crack, pcp, gangs, murder capital, poverty, etc. Sadly, so many of these once well-established, multi-generational neighborhoods, turned into no-mans lands (except for the poor people who who were stuck living there, like Fuller and her family) and became downright dangerous in a seemingly short amount of time. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there were a lot of problems there in the 80's and a big push towards "crew sweeps" by cops and the local gov't in an effort to give the impression of cleaning things up. This case needs to be re-investigated and I'm glad the press had picked up on this story. Some things have never sat right with me about it. Her poor kids - I wonder where they all are today and how they could ever recover from something so awful as what happened to their mother.
    Jmo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk