DCF Shelter Hearings

Discussion in 'Dr. Teresa Sievers' started by MsJosie, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debbiegarcia36

debbiegarcia36 Well-Known Member

He had two sisters. One died. The other happens to be a friend of a friend of mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2. SurfieTX

SurfieTX Well-Known Member

I hope LE re-interviews Teresa's family. There is a chance that she didn't know this about the girls. Mark took care of them and hauled them around in his nasty van. He is a liar, manipulator and ***. Something like this fits in perfectly with his MO. And then again, he could be lying. Teresa could have vaccinated them appropriately and kept home records (if they could be found in that nasty office of his).

3. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

After testifying in many custody cases and if child services is involved they usually recommend the children's present state to keep the family unit intact with present relationships with relatives in FL. This could change in my opinion if MS is found guilty

4. creepingskills

creepingskills Verified Attorney

But the standard is what is in the best interests of the kids, not what is most convenient for MS. Even if he got out on bail, DCF would intervene if he tried to regain custody, and I'm sure any visits would be supervised in such a high risk situation. IMO a judge would give significant weight to the support system and peaceful environment available in CT.

5. Frigga

Frigga New Member

I am really surprised- yes she was holistic but she was still a trained medical doctor and the doctors I know are pro vaccination- the exception being the doctor in our family who is close in age to Teresa recommends splitting up the combined vaccines- the MMRI (and one other that escapes me at the moment) and recommends some a little later then the current schedule recommends. We are seeing the ramifications in areas where parents are opting out of vaccines because of the fears connected to autism- they are not pretty.

6. SurfieTX

Additionally, we saw plenty of inhalers around the house and syringes, so modern medicine wasn't a forbidden thing. At least that's how it looked to me.

7. mckazpm

mckazpm Active Member

I currently provide child care in another state and must be licensed through DCF. From what I know personally, the only way a child can be exempt from vaccinations is due to religious beliefs or a medical condition. The parent must sign documentation stating this and a waiver is placed for that child/student. Let me also say that it is a common declaration from parents who do not want to have their children vaccinated. I'm not saying this does not pertain to some, but many parents can simply use this to avoid having their children inoculated. There are many children in the public school system that have not been vaccinated for anything. I believe this applies in many states.

8. creepingskills

creepingskills Verified Attorney

Yes, the preference goes to keeping the kids in state, however, the only relatives domiciled in FL are BS and MS, right? SS lives in MO, TS's family lives in CT. BS didn't petition for custody, right? So, long term- if MS is convicted the girls won't be in FL.

9. mariahc

mariahc Member

There seems to be no end to the surprises in this case.

10. Frigga

Frigga New Member

Thank you- it is good to have the DCF perspective. I want you to know that I admire and appreciate people who devote their careers to Social Services- they are heroes (mostly) in my book. It is the system I have a problem with- like many systems (education) that are 'broken' in our country. Just needed to make that clear!

11. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

There are a lot of parents who opt not to vaccinate and opt to home school their children. I am not one of them but it is a growing trend.

All we really know is what was reported. That there may be an issue that prevents the girls from being enrolled in public school. Perhaps that is why it was decided to attempt to reconnect them with their former tutor.

What I found more interesting is that mention was made that involving the former tutor was toward the girls being able to get in a full day's schoolwork.

Made me wonder, has that not been the case all these months?

Officials hope to reconnect the children with their tutor, and for the tutor to be able to provide a full-day of schooling.

https://www.winknews.com/2016/02/29...ith-his-children-long-term-custody-undecided/

12. Oregonmama

I respect their career too. I'm a sub now but was a full time teacher and testified a lot for child services and custody cases. I now pray for the judge to make a right decision for the girls. They deserve the best and what the world has to offer.

13. SurfieTX

Mark worked in the office at night, supposedly. And I believe that because if you reference the alarm settings on the case calendar, you will see that the night before they left for NY/CT, the alarm was set at like 2:30 a.m. and was again opened at 6ish. How long did Mark sleep? Two or three hours? There are other entries too that support this. He slept during the day, IMVHO, while the girls were supposed to be home schooled and/or the tutor was supposed to be there. The judge expressed concerns about their schooling for a reason.

14. Oregonmama

I though it was stated earlier awhile ago, their schooling was just a few hrs of the day. Sounded like MS was very lenient with their daily schedule

15. MsJosie

MsJosie Well-Known Member

Wait, wait...explain please to me again...please....MS had a COURT appointed attorney during proceedings and requested a COURT appointed attorney duration of custody hearings...HOW can he have both a COURT appointed attorney (one or more) AND a PRIVATE attorney that he is paying for...he has somehow paid for the private attorney so far. Can a person have it both ways?

Who represented him this time, i need to look for that. This lawyer represents MS not the girls.

That means MS is broke and has no monies for bond?

When is MS next hearing?

Thank you everyone for all updates (hubby interrupted my following the court to deal with a flea market issues....the gall of him :gaah:)

16. MsJosie

With a trial looming, TS family having a home in FL would make sense, for other family members to have a place to stay. That TS mom can do that is great and lucky.

Until after the trial keeping the girls local makes sense to a point, but to get them away from the media, anything they hear at school, shopping etc will be hard on them ...by moving to another state would be better. That will not happen. The girls going to a public school is great for interaction with others not just an adult. And that they will get counseling...they need that. What eill the counselor find out?! I would hope the care givers are advised to not talk about anything about the case too.

The girls are being used as pawns by MS. Hope the people are all investigated...and no matter what, the girls can see all the relatives until they are of an age, by law, they can voice an opinion to the Judge.

17. seattlechiquita

seattlechiquita Well-Known Member

I cannot believe this judge is allowing MS to have any sort of contact with these children. He has been indicted for murdering their mother FFS. I just don't get it.

As for the religious whatever that allows the children to NOT be enrolled in public schooling, I won't comment or it will get me perma-banned. ARGHHHH!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Oregonmama

Unfortunately, MS still has parental rights. He needs to be convicted first before his rights can be taken away .

19. MsJosie

Asking any attorney....I asked on thread that closed...

How can MS ask for a COURT appointed attorney to represent him in the custody case...but have a private attorney in the murder case? MS asked for the court attorney to represent him in all future custody hearings....not representing the girls but him.

How can he have it both ways? Thanks

20. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

I am going to copy your question to this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...awyers-Q-amp-A-ONLY-***No-Discussion***/page4 so that our verified attorneys won't miss it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.