DCF Shelter Hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking any attorney....I asked on thread that closed...

How can MS ask for a COURT appointed attorney to represent him in the custody case...but have a private attorney in the murder case? MS asked for the court attorney to represent him in all future custody hearings....not representing the girls but him.

How can he have it both ways? Thanks
The private attorney might be working pro-bono for the publicity.

Asking any attorney....I asked on thread that closed...

How can MS ask for a COURT appointed attorney to represent him in the custody case...but have a private attorney in the murder case? MS asked for the court attorney to represent him in all future custody hearings....not representing the girls but him.

How can he have it both ways? Thanks

I wondered this too. It would seem that he would need a civil attorney/family law attorney? Maybe because he is incarcerated he is entitled to a court appointed attorney? I would think the girls have a court appointed guardian ad litem? since they are under DCF? It does seem strange doesn't it!

I wonder if MS will be asking for a court appointed defense attorney when he is arraigned?

I cannot believe this judge is allowing MS to have any sort of contact with these children. He has been indicted for murdering their mother FFS. I just don't get it. . . .

Same here, and I also thought it was insane to leave the children with MS back in December. What is the value of allowing the children to have contact with a psychopath? Why allow a psychopath who bragged about his swinging to choose a guardian? Is there no room for common sense in the legal system? What would be necessary for the judge to rule differently--finding children's body parts in Mark's frig? Hasn't the man likely done enough damage to the children already?

Right now, the law sees Mark Sievers as the accused. So until he is convicted the law will continue to see him that way in regard to his kids and contact with them. Think about it, we have all seen tv and movies where children visiting a parent in prison is depicted.

Even after a conviction, he will still be their father. That won't change. Although a conviction may go far in a family court deciding that contact with him is not in his children's best interest, for now he is simply accused of a crime. It's our system, love it or hate it.

The good news is there will be court appointed therapy. These therapist are trained and have good insight into what the girls have most likely experienced- right? That brings me comfort for them.

I hope the family they are with are loving and kind and maybe have other kids. I do have faith the girls will be better than ok when all is said and done- they are free from him and free to begin healing with the help of all those who love them!

Right now, the law sees Mark Sievers as the accused. So until he is convicted the law will continue to see him that way in regard to his kids and contact with them. Think about it, we have all seen tv and movies where children visiting a parent in prison is depicted.

Even after a conviction, he will still be their father. That won't change. Although a conviction may go far in a family court deciding that contact with him is not in his children's best interest, for now he is simply accused of a crime. It's our system, love it or hate it.

But there has to be some level of evidence that would stop contact before a conviction--sexual abuse, for one, surely, but I'd argue strong evidence of having arranged the murder of their mother is another. CWW's confession should do. We're not executing Mark before trial, after all, just stopping the probable damage to the girls.

The good news is there will be court appointed therapy. These therapist are trained and have good insight into what the girls have most likely experienced- right? That brings me comfort for them.

I hope the family they are with are loving and kind and maybe have other kids. I do have faith the girls will be better than ok when all is said and done- they are free from him and free to begin healing with the help of all those who love them!

Courts rely on professional recommendation from Drs. This is a good thing. I'm sure the therapists testimony/written facts will weigh heavy on the judge. The judge even said a decision needs to be made in the best interest for the girls . MS can't control that outcome

Same here, and I also thought it was insane to leave the children with MS back in December. What is the value of allowing the children to have contact with a psychopath? Why allow a psychopath who bragged about his swinging to choose a guardian? Is there no room for common sense in the legal system? What would be necessary for the judge to rule differently--finding children's body parts in Mark's frig? Hasn't the man likely done enough damage to the children already?

Judge stated that Mark's parental rights don't outweigh the probable cause.

"There was a tense moment this summer when Dawn Tottenham visited her brother-in-law Mark Sievers in Bonita Springs.

"You know, the girls aren't convinced that you think I'm innocent," Sievers told Tottenham, referring to his daughters <modsnip>, then 11 and 8.

"Mark, I don't," Tottenham said. She suspected Sievers had a hand in killing her sister Teresa Sievers in June, but knew she must maintain friendly relations if she hoped to see her nieces. "Right now you're Mark, [their] dad, and you're family."

[...]

Whether or not they fully grasp what has happened, the girls seemed determined to get through it, Tottenham said.

"I know that I'm strong and I know that her spirit's here," [J] told Tottenham as the two hugged. "But I really miss my mama.""

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...nday-custody-hearing-2cc6833e--370384031.html

I bet you they would cite "innocent until proven...." til the cows go back to the ranch. Pissess me off to no end.

"There was a tense moment this summer when Dawn Tottenham visited her brother-in-law Mark Sievers in Bonita Springs.

"You know, the girls aren't convinced that you think I'm innocent," Sievers told Tottenham, referring to his daughters <modsnip>, then 11 and 8.

"Mark, I don't," Tottenham said. She suspected Sievers had a hand in killing her sister Teresa Sievers in June, but knew she must maintain friendly relations if she hoped to see her nieces. "Right now you're Mark, [their] dad, and you're family."

[...]

Whether or not they fully grasp what has happened, the girls seemed determined to get through it, Tottenham said.

"I know that I'm strong and I know that her spirit's here," [J] told Tottenham as the two hugged. "But I really miss my mama.""

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...nday-custody-hearing-2cc6833e--370384031.html

Well, if that isn't par-for-the-course manipulative. Use your daughters as an excuse to ask a question YOU want to know the answer to. Chickensnot.

Go Dawn go - yay! Boy, that must have been hard being in his presence - ew.

[...]

From the link above: Tottenham is again spreading the word about a fundraiser for the girls' college tuition. Since she launched the Web page eight months ago, donors have given more than $6,600.Whether or not they fully grasp what has happened, the girls seemed determined to get through it, Tottenham said.
"I know that I'm strong and I know that her spirit's here," [J] told Tottenham as the two hugged. "But I really miss my mama."
To donate, visit https://www.generosity.com/emergencies-fundraising/college-fund-for-josephine-carmi-sievers.

Admin Note

Even if you're snipping and quoting a MSM article, PLEASE edit the minor girls' names. I totally realize they are included in the MSM articles however what is most important is that if (when!) they google their names, I do not want Websleuths to show up in their searches.

See the way I edited the recent article snips for a way to get around it. You can use "girls" or if necessary, just one of the initials, etc.

Any phone conversations ms has with anyone from jail will be monitored. Thus if anything considered to be inappropriate is said to children it can be dealt with promptly. I would not expect children this young to be taken on jail visits. Re: need for swat team le knew there were weapons inside home. Swat team members were in neighbors yard during their approach to rear of ms hous .

Well, if that isn't par-for-the-course manipulative. Use your daughters as an excuse to ask a question YOU want to know the answer to. Chickensnot.

Go Dawn go - yay! Boy, that must have been hard being in his presence - ew.

This really makes me sick! Whining to the daughters that so-and-so thinks I'm guilty.
I really believe that the girls haven't been able to truly grieve their mother, while
living with a textbook psychopath, their father MS.

I think it's going to be a slam dunk for MS, With irrefutable evidence that can't be denied ... and the girls will remember MS defending himself and putting them in the middle.

Can anyone confirm that TS's family have been allowed to see the kids ? the judge mention BS's visits should still resume but nothing about the maternal side. It's obvious So many ppl on both sides love the girls but I dont think the paternal side should get all the chances. Feels like TS's memory is being written off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater