DCF Shelter Hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because she will definitely slowly feed the murderer Mark that money. Jmo.

Snipped most of your post Dexter, just to make a small point.
If MS gets life w/o parole or death, when you think about it , how many packs of crackers will he need to buy in the commissary anyways? Hopefully there will be a lawyer of some sort that overlooks the money for the girls and at this point we really don't know how much the girls will receive. Someone has to be willing to raise the girls money or no money. It's got to be out of love and concern that someone raises them, that's where close family comes in. If that cant happen then the state is at an advantage of placing them as they would claim they're the best candidates to overlook the $$$$. It happens a lot with kids that the state knows there's quite of few $$$ involved. JMO from seeing what happens to a lot of kids throughout the US that get placed.

I wonder if (when) MS is convicted and the girls are made the primary beneficiaries if there is a system in place to put the funds in a trust of some sort? That go a long way would protect their interests. Can the girls retain counsel for this purpose? They've had their world ripped apart and while there isn't enough money in the world to replace what they have lost, I am all for doing what it takes to make sure every dime goes to them and their needs.
This is probably another lawyer question but IMO, a trust would not only protect the girls but also remove any doubt which might arise as to the proper distribution

Oops--- hit reply too soon
....as to the proper distribution of the money. I would have no problem with that arrangement if I were ever given custody of a child as long as the trust allowed adequate payouts which allowed me to pay for the necessities. Plus, what child- or young adult for that matter- really needs access to that kind of money, except for higher educational costs? Seems like a recipe for disaster to me.
I've had friends who came into large inheritances in their 20's and several of them squandered it in a matter of no time.
Just a thought. Any others?

Anyone happen to know what time the custody hearing is today?

I'm also on Twitter, following Stephanie Susskind, WINK

Does MS have the 'right' to be at this hearing?

Anyone happen to know what time the custody hearing is today?

I'm also on Twitter, following Stephanie Susskind, WINK
msboo, I can't find a time for the hearing today.
Does MS have the 'right' to be at this hearing?

Good one MsJosie :smile:

Unfortunately, he probably does. He was at the hearing in Feb., as well as a DCF representative. The children were not.
I saw a picture on FB of TS's brother Frank with the girls that was posted on March 3. I'm hoping that's a good sign!
It looked to me like it was taken in Florida.

msboo, I can't find a time for the hearing today.

Good one MsJosie :smile:

Unfortunately, he probably does. He was at the hearing in Feb., as well as a DCF representative. The children were not.
I saw a picture on FB of TS's brother Frank with the girls that was posted on March 3. I'm hoping that's a good sign!
It looked to me like it was taken in Florida.

He still has parental rights. He has not been convicted yet :(

What fb profile has the picture?

I hope the Judge lets the girls visit with both families with strong instructions to the families to not sway the girls in choosing sides, initiate a talk about what happened, or make any comments. The girls need to talk when they are ready (and deprogrammed) IMO. For all we know, any visits may be monitored for now, per the Judge (I am going on what happened with a good friends children and their dad in KS). At least, I hope, the jail really listens to any calls between the girls and MS, I really do not trust him.JMO

WINK News ‏@winknews [video=twitter;711870427069603840]https://twitter.com/winknews/status/711870427069603840[/video]
Custody hearing today for children of murdered doctor Teresa Sievers and her husband Mark. DCF investigated several possible homes for them.

Can't find a single mention of what time this hearing is taking place.

UPDATE: Sievers dependency hearing continued until April 18, Mark Sievers did appear in court briefly. #winknews

I hope the Judge lets the girls visit with both families with strong instructions to the families to not sway the girls in choosing sides, initiate a talk about what happened, or make any comments. The girls need to talk when they are ready (and deprogrammed) IMO. For all we know, any visits may be monitored for now, per the Judge (I am going on what happened with a good friends children and their dad in KS). At least, I hope, the jail really listens to any calls between the girls and MS, I really do not trust him.JMO
At Monday's hearing, attorneys are expected to update the judge on several DCF home studies of family and friends interested in taking custody of the children.

Mark's mother and brother have both expressed interest in taking in the girls, along with Teresa's family.

An attorney, who is not involved in the case, tells us the girls could have some say in where they end up.

"Because they are a party, the judge does speak to them. So if there is a question between this home or that home, the court will very much listen to that," said Family Law Attorney Lori Clifford.

Who knows what he has programmed in those 2 little minds about TS's family? That's what scares me the most. He's so controlling I worry about things like, for instance:
"If you don't pick grandma Sievers you'll never be able to see me again"
Things like that could absolutely haunt those precious girls. They are too young to know any difference then what daddy says. They are probably more attached to him because he was never anything but a "friend" to them. I don't think he ever provided any discipline to those little girls. All children need discipline!

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/31520356...duled-for-monday-in-sievers-case#.VvAGJXn5NY_

ETA
Sorry Paula, I didn't see you had already added the article

'A dependency arraignment for Mark Sievers, who’s accused of orchestrating his wife’s murder in June 2015, has been continued to next month after a brief hearing Monday.'

'Sievers hasn’t yet been served with a petition, which is a formal filing that lists the allegations against a parent. State officials expect to serve him in jail, with an arraignment now set for April 18.'

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/Sievers-Hearustody-of-children-372935021.html

UPDATE: Sievers dependency hearing continued until April 18, Mark Sievers did appear in court briefly. #winknews

Damn! Any words as to why continued? Other than reviewing who & where's best? Hoping TS family is there now, this has to be crazy for them coming from CT. Prayers for TS family custody!

What is a "petition of dependency" mean in this circumstance??

The hearing was quickly over after a judge walked into the courtroom and stated Mark had not been served a petition of dependency.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/31520356...duled-for-monday-in-sievers-case#.VvAKknn5NY9

A petition of dependency is a formal filing that lists the allegations against a parent.

It's all explained in the link I posted:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/Sievers-Hearustody-of-children-372935021.html

'A dependency arraignment for Mark Sievers, who’s accused of orchestrating his wife’s murder in June 2015, has been continued to next month after a brief hearing Monday.'

'Sievers hasn’t yet been served with a petition, which is a formal filing that lists the allegations against a parent. State officials expect to serve him in jail, with an arraignment now set for April 18.'

Thanks, NIN, I was writing when you posted. Wish they'd served MS in a timely manner so TODAY would've had some results.

It sure isn't as if they don't know where to find him in order to serve him :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong