Identified! DE - Bear, WhtFem 16-25, UP7097, pregnant, in laundry bag, Mar'67 - NamUs removed

This case was one of the first forensic genetic genealogy cases I recall. Only the relatives investigators found and contacted had no idea who she was. And they never disclosed how close the relationship was, only that it was maternal.

What I wonder is if they go in every once in a while and check for closer matches than they had before.

Mitochondrial DNA testing is not Forensic Genealogy.

They never disclosed how close the relationship was because there is no way to know how close the relationship is with mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondrial DNA testing is more useful as an exclusionary test, than it is to rule-in a potential relative.

Mitochondrial DNA testing is not Forensic Genealogy.

They never disclosed how close the relationship was because there is no way to know how close the relationship is with mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondrial DNA testing is more useful as an exclusionary test, than it is to rule-in a potential relative.

Gotcha. I thought it was considered forensic genetic genealogy because they used DNA, albeit mitochondrial, and genealogy to find those people. That's how I interpreted it. Mea culpa.

Gotcha. I thought it was considered forensic genetic genealogy because they used DNA, albeit mitochondrial, and genealogy to find those people. That's how I interpreted it. Mea culpa.

My understanding is that someone came up as a CODIS hit on the mitochondrial, which in and of itself is close to meaningless. I think the investigators misunderstood the significance of the hit, and gave it more weight than it deserved.

My understanding is that someone came up as a CODIS hit on the mitochondrial, which in and of itself is close to meaningless. I think the investigators misunderstood the significance of the hit, and gave it more weight than it deserved.

That makes sense, I can see that happening, so thank you for clarifying.

Unidentified since 1967.
Frustrating, I wonder what it's going to take for her to be ID?
The person (s) responsible for transporting and leaving her lifeless body could most likely still be alive....I hope, one day, their guilty conscience makes them come forward with information.

The dna available was taken from a small amount of old dried blood in a tube. Burial records were lost in a fire, so obtaining a new sample from the fetus isn’t likely.

I asked Hal Brown for an update a few months ago. They were looking at miss x as a potential match to a missing girl from NH and trying to find living relatives for dna comparison....fingers crossed
This is from Aug 2019. I thought this was a great lead. Does the process really take that long?

What will it take to solve this case? NO ONE has ever wondered what happened to her?
Probably the person (s) who transported her body is elderly and will not come forward at this point or deceased.

What will it take to solve this case? NO ONE has ever wondered what happened to her?
Probably the person (s) who transported her body is elderly and will not come forward at this point or deceased.

Sadly, this was almost 55 years ago. I think everyone involved is very likely to be dead. :(

Sadly, this was almost 55 years ago. I think everyone involved is very likely to be dead. :(
It depends on the age of the person involved. Person could have been 20, so they would be around 75 now. But more than likely person was close to 25-30, possibly older.

Still the victim could have siblings who are still alive.

Jolaine Hemmy, a similarily old case, had many surviving siblings. So why should our UID have none? Or at least nieces or nephews who wonder about the aunt they never met.

I think what I was trying to say was unclear, I meant more so the people involved in transporting her body and the medical situation were likely to be deceased, not all her family.

IMO, she went to a shady hotel/motel for an abortion.
Something went wrong, and someone panicked..dumping her body.
This poor woman has been unidentified so long!
I'm just so surprised that there isn't a family looking for her. I mean, I am sure that there are people who are missing her, but that they haven't been connected with this UID in the internet age is surprising to me.

Is Janis Taylor the missing teen from New Hampshire being considered as a possible match?

The month matches but are off by one year. Could the year be off on either case?

I saw Janis's case and saw an immediate resemblance.

BRB with links. Posting from the phone stinks.

Janis Louise Taylor – The Charley Project

I think I see a match on the dentals. Unless I am mixing up cases..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan
Back