DE - Girl, 4 months, murdered by Dejoynay Ferguson, 19, daycare worker, Bear, 5 Sept. 2019

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Authorities in Delaware state say a daycare worker has been charged with first-degree murder following the death of an infant who was in her care.

According to Delaware State Police, emergency personnel responded to the Little People Child Development Center in Bear on Sept. 5 to the report of an unresponsive four-month-old. The female infant was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced deceased.

Investigators say 19-year-old Dejoynay Ferguson, who was the assigned caregiver for the infant, placed her hands over the young girl's mouth and nose until she became unresponsive. Ferguson then went on to place the unresponsive infant back into a crib, according to police.

Police say a call to 911 was made after Ferguson told the owner of the facility that the infant was unresponsive, almost 20 minutes after the incident.

Ferguson was charged with first-degree murder and jailed on $1 million cash bail.

The license of the daycare was suspended indefinitely amid the ongoing investigation.
Daycare worker charged with murder following infant's death in Delaware state

She can't be quite right in the head these days (if ever) ... can she??

I mean, this is psychopathic behavior if ever I've heard of an example. I refuse to believe that compos mentis 19 year olds just wake up one morning and think "What am I going to do today? I know, I'm going to suffocate a baby who's too much trouble to me at my job; and play dumb about it afterward."

Dejoynay Ferguson has been charged with the infant’s murder, Delaware State Police announced. Police have accused Ferguson of suffocating the girl, allegedly restricting the infant’s breathing when the baby would not stop crying, NBC Philadelphia reports.

Ferguson told investigators the child was “fussy,” police documents reveal, which is why she put her hand over the girl’s mouth and nose.

Surveillance footage appeared to show Ferguson covering the girl’s mouth for more than three minutes, according to an affidavit obtained by NBC Philadelphia. The baby was apparently moving when Ferguson picked her up, but unresponsive after the day care worker put her down.
Delaware day care worker charged with murder in death of 4-month-old under her watch

Lucky they had video surveillance! Was it known to the workers that there were cameras? Because if so, imagine just being like "yeah I know I'm going to get charged with murder for this, but oh well"? It must have been covert?

Why?! It would seem like some real actual dislike for this child to put on gloves and hold her hands over her mouth and nose. I mean was she so stupid she thought everyone would just believe the baby stopped breathing?

I want to follow the progress of this case but cannot find the court records. I can only find media reports, and they pretty much stopped at the end of September. No mention of any upcoming court dates, etc.

She is being held on $1 million bail, charged with murder. Awful, atrocious crime.

Daycare worker charged after 4-month-old smothered at Delaware facility

I want to follow the progress of this case but cannot find the court records. I can only find media reports, and they pretty much stopped at the end of September. No mention of any upcoming court dates, etc.

She is being held on $1 million bail, charged with murder. Awful, atrocious crime.

Daycare worker charged after 4-month-old smothered at Delaware facility

I always wonder why some cases get no real attention or coverage and others get tons. This woman smothered someone else's child just to get them to shut up!

Delaware's news agencies suck terribly. We have had so many different stories that they never follow up on and ones that probably would make for interesting news. One I wish they would report on is a skeleton that was found on the grounds of a major music festival we have here - I was there when they found it and would love to know who that was...was it a concert goer? was it someone dumped there in the off season? why wasn't anyone looking for that person...?

Delaware's news agencies suck terribly. We have had so many different stories that they never follow up on and ones that probably would make for interesting news. One I wish they would report on is a skeleton that was found on the grounds of a major music festival we have here - I was there when they found it and would love to know who that was...was it a concert goer? was it someone dumped there in the off season? why wasn't anyone looking for that person...?
If there is anything about it online, you could start a thread and see what people can find. MOO

Dejoynay Ferguson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Dejoynay Mariah Ferguson, a 19-year-old daycare center employee, has been charged with first-degree murder after smothering a four-month-old female infant in her care on September 5. Ferguson is accused of telling investigators she suffocated the baby because she was being “fussy” and wouldn’t stop crying. The infant’s name has not been released to protect the family’s privacy.

Why not just quit your freaking job? Go home, perhaps, instead of kill.

Or get yourself help for clearly not sane thoughts.

Or kill yourself rather than ever hurt a wee baby.

I hope justice is quick and thinking of this poor little mites parents. Never would you get over this or trust another with your child

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back