GUILTY DE - Lindsey Bonistall, 20, UD student, raped & murdered, Newark, 1 May 2005

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by mysteriew, Oct 28, 2005.

1. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

The man accused of raping and killing a University of Delaware student May 1 allegedly scrawled white-supremacist graffiti on the walls of her apartment before setting fire to it.

James E. Cooke Jr., who is black, used a blue magic marker to write “KKK” in several places near the front door of Lindsey Bonistall’s apartment, as well as other phrases elsewhere, Newark Police Det. Andrew Rubin testified.

Rubin, the lead detective in the case, testified this morning during a proof-positive hearing in Superior Court.

Prosecutors also said they had taken two DNA samples, one from semen and another from skin found under Bonistall’s fingernails. The results of those samples indicate Cooke was her killer, they said.
    http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051028/NEWS/51028006

2. Loading...

3. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/cri...oke-execution-date-bonistall-murder/17620459/

4. Dixie811

Dixie811 New Member

Any updates on this one? Was he put to death?

5. thesensitivechild

thesensitivechild Well-Known Member

Wow crazy to see this. My friend was the cousin. I remember when she called to say a body had been found burned in the apartment. Terrible story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk