DE - New Castle, HispMale 1398UMDE, 25-35, along Route 141, Oct'94

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by CarlK90245, Jun 17, 2012.

1. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Moderator

I got tired of looking at the previous recon that I did of this John Doe. It was one of my first attempts when I didn't have as good of a handle on the use of the photoshopping software, and my first attempt was sloppily done.

So I revised it. There isn't a thread for this John Doe, so I will start one.

The Doe Network:
    Case File 1398UMDE
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/1398umde.html
    NamUs UP #6632 https://identifyus.org/cases/6632

[​IMG]

Unidentified Hispanic Male

The victim was discovered on October 17, 1994 in New Castle, New Castle County, Delaware

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25-35 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 138 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black, wavy, well groomed hair, “widow’s peak” on forehead. Brown eyes. Clean shaven, trimmed mustache. Well manicured nails.
    Clothing: Shirt - long sleeve, button front, size Medium, color gray/white and tan label, made in Panama. Pants - Long, size medium, color Khaki. Shorts, black in color worn under khaki pants, rolled at waist, too large for decedent. Belt - Dress type, dark brown, fold colored buckle. Socks - Dress type, thin material, color black. Underwear - T-shirt, white in color, size medium 38-40, label "Fruit of the Loom". Wallet - Leather [folding type] brown in color. No identification. Money – Fifteen one-dollar bills, 1 nickel, bill serial numbers were from all over the country.
    Dentals: Available. Teeth in excellent condition with no fillings. Evidence of moderate to severe periodontal disease present around lower first molars. Heavy calculus present between the teeth.
    Fingerprints: Available

Case History

The victim was located along the westbound lanes of Basin Road near New Castle. Route 141 is a well-travelled highway and very close to Interstate 95. He was wrapped in a blanket and appeared to have been dumped at the location.

A witness reported to police that a van had been parked on the shoulder of the roadway earlier (where the body was found) and that the driver was a white male.

2. Loading...

3. CarlK90245

I am guessing that this guy was probably from Columbia (or thereabouts), and was murdered by persons associated with the drug trade.

4. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Does he naturally have a bump or a discoloration in the forehead or would that be a peri/postmortem change?

5. CarlK90245

I left it there because I couldn't be sure.

6. webrocket

webrocket New Member

for what it is worth he does not look Colombian to me. there appears to be some darker features to him which I associate more with being Dominican, Venezuelan or Panamanian.

7. pjclover

pjclover New Member

If I'm not mistaken, the westbound lanes of Basin Road (141) lead *to* I-95, not away from it. In other words, someone exiting I-95 would have to make a u-turn, dump the Doe on the side of the road, and then get back on the highway. Basin Road also hooks up to Rt. 13, which runs north to south through Delaware, although used most often for local travel.

Also, very close to the site is where I-95 splits to 295N, which leads to the Delaware Memorial Bridge and into New Jersey.

Just some food for thought.

8. webrocket

webrocket New Member

you think this might be him?

Jeronimo Rico was last seen in Rochester, NY on Aug 21, 1994. he was supposedly 5'7" 138 lbs. even has the mustache. unfortunately, the only pic is small and I can't make out any bump on his head or widow's peak.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18411/1/

9. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

he has a window's peak

10. webrocket

webrocket New Member

the widow's peak on the UID is not terribly pronounced, certainly not like former VP candidate Paul Ryan's was.

are you saying Jeronimo also has one? I can't enlarge the picture enough to get a clear image of whether Jeronimo does or does not have the widow's peak.

11. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

Jeronimo has a window's peak: I zoomed the pic

12. webrocket

webrocket New Member

I submitted this to Hal Brown this morning. way too much to pass up. will keep everyone posted as to what Hal says. should be a determination based on fingerprints

13. webrocket

webrocket New Member

Hal requested the fingerprint info.

14. webrocket

webrocket New Member

Namus has not been updated, but Hal Brown told me that Jeronimo Rico was ruled out on fingerprints.

15. CarlK90245

:bump: for image revision

16. hayaletcatcher

hayaletcatcher New Member

Exclusions
    The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
    First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
    Johnnie Herrera 1951 California
    George Nutting 1968 Delaware
    Jeronimo Rico 1968 New York

https://identifyus.org/cases/6632

17. lindamichelle1

lindamichelle1 New Member

oh, damn Jeronimo looked so much like him!

18. Jake479

Jake479 Member

Today marks 21 years since his body was found. Someone has to know who this man is and I hope they come forward.

19. Springrain

Springrain Buckskin Girl was Marcia King

This poor guy--his post-mortem pictures were awful. I'm really hoping he gets ID'd.