GUILTY DE - Smyrna, Wht/HispFemale, 2-5, 'Baby Elle', ball field, 13 Sept 2019 - Emma Cole *arrests*

CNN online Updated 11:25 AM ET, Wed November 20, 2019

Delaware police release reconstructed images of a young girl's face 2 months after her body was found - CNN

Authorities believe she was 2 to 5 years old at the time of her death, had brown, wavy hair and was either white or Hispanic. An examination of her bones suggested she had at least one chronic illness, Smyrna police said.

I'm certainly glad to see this getting MSM play on the likes of CNN. Very, very rarely do we see our state mentioned in MSM.

The above article says the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has almost 700 unidentified children's remains they are working to identify.

Then think of how many are out there not yet discovered. It's hard to comprehend, and that's just nationally, not internationally.

Sorry if someone already posted it but I just noticed that little Elle Doe is in NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original
Original

Original

Her sketch looks so sad. What is your name baby girl? :(

More missing girls that might fit (but they are all missing from really far away):

Graciela Acevedo age 4 (No Photo)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
CA - CA - Graciela Acevedo, 4, Los Angeles, 26 Feb 2018

Emelina Aguilar (Age 1 when missing but she's 3 now)
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
IL - IL - Emelina Aguilar, 1, Chicago, 2 Apr 2018

Kamila Cabrera, 3, is thought to be in Mexico but she looks so much like the sketch to me:
Original
Original

More photos on NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
AZ - AZ - Kamila Cabrera, 3, Abducted by Mother, Winkleman, 10 Aug 2018

I think LE’s wording is interesting here: “believed to had been deceased for several weeks prior to being placed at that site.” Not deceased for several weeks prior to being found, or PMI of several weeks, but deceased for several weeks prior to being dumped at the ball fields. I’m guessing this means LE has a pretty good idea as to when she was dumped.

My mind keeps coming back to the case of Amanda Berry - kidnapped and had a child with her captor. Jaycee Duggar, too.

I wonder if this is a child born out of similar circumstance? Think of all the road blocks to getting health care in that situation.

It kept nagging at me so I wanted to post the thought.

(still very new here so I hope this is ok to post)

I think LE’s wording is interesting here: “believed to had been deceased for several weeks prior to being placed at that site.” Not deceased for several weeks prior to being found, or PMI of several weeks, but deceased for several weeks prior to being dumped at the ball fields. I’m guessing this means LE has a pretty good idea as to when she was dumped.
That’s one reason I mentioned fire pits and remains being dumped in the beginning. The volume of remains would be something that could easily be bagged and discretely discarded.

My mind keeps coming back to the case of Amanda Berry - kidnapped and had a child with her captor. Jaycee Duggar, too.

I wonder if this is a child born out of similar circumstance? Think of all the road blocks to getting health care in that situation.

It kept nagging at me so I wanted to post the thought.

(still very new here so I hope this is ok to post)

Theories are definitely ok to post and are welcome here! If you ever have any questions about posting just PM a staff volunteer & we’ll be happy to help. Welcome

Does LE plan to use genealogy to ID her? Anyone know? I can’t tell you how relieved I’ve been (since the GSK was caught) that this new DNA tech is being used by LE! I so hope they can use this for lil Baby Elle!
I seem to remember that GEDmatch and other services won't take Doe case for DNA ancestry analysis until "all other investigative avenues have been exhausted" or some similar standard. I have been thinking that the Smyrna police are trying to meet this standard by putting out the sketch. There was a jogger in New England, Massachusetts I think, and a few other cases where Parabon first put out a generic likeness based on DNA analysis and then later did the DNA ancestry route. I'll see if I can find a link.

Does LE plan to use genealogy to ID her? Anyone know? I can’t tell you how relieved I’ve been (since the GSK was caught) that this new DNA tech is being used by LE! I so hope they can use this for lil Baby Elle!
I was wrong, but I can't seem to edit my post. There must be different standards for doing DNA/ancestry analysis for criminal suspects and Does, which makes sense. I am leaning towards this being the way that Elle is identified, unless the chronic illness is identified and this helps find where she was treated.
There is a good explanation of how Does are submitted for DNA analysis in the DNA Doe Project:

DNA Doe Project - Wikipedia

She does look like Bella. I have been racking my brain trying to remember her last name Thank you, now I can sleep tonight.
I am continually struck by how the case has NOT taken off in the media the way Bella Bond took off.

I was wrong, but I can't seem to edit my post. There must be different standards for doing DNA/ancestry analysis for criminal suspects and Does, which makes sense. I am leaning towards this being the way that Elle is identified, unless the chronic illness is identified and this helps find where she was treated.
There is a good explanation of how Does are submitted for DNA analysis in the DNA Doe Project:

DNA Doe Project - Wikipedia

I am continually struck by how the case has NOT taken off in the media the way Bella Bond took off.

There are different standards in different places IMO. It is up to the local LE/sheriff to choose if they want to use genealogical DNA to try to solve it.

Unfortunately DNA Doe Project does not take on child cases (not yet anyway). However there are some other groups and individual genealogists doing this same type of work that will work on children's cases. I think Parabon labs works on some child cases. Also individual genealogists such as Barbara Rae Venter or Cece Moore might take this case if asked.

MOO.

DDP does not take on child cases, so she won’t be identified through them, but another independent company may take on her case.

I’m curious to know what kind of chronic illnesses can be dectected through bone analysis. Knowing that could help narrow things down.

IMO

DDP does not take on child cases, so she won’t be identified through them, but another independent company may take on her case.

I’m curious to know what kind of chronic illnesses can be dectected through bone analysis. Knowing that could help narrow things down.

IMO
I did a 23andMe DNA kit with the medical part. It tells me what genes I carry for what diseases. One is a gene for Celiac Disease. You have to inherit both genes to be afflicted with the full blown disease. However, my one child is so allergic, she must eat gluten free but yet, she is not Celiac. My point is, the DNA they took from these bones likely tells them quite a bit about her health. She could have had Celiac Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, asthma or any number of autoimmune diseases which are "invisible" illnesses.

Maybe that was the problem, the family had a chronically sick child and did not take her to hospitals because they could not afford it.
On the other hand, evidence of a fire suggests something more sinister, imo, speculation.

most of the time, children with a chronic illness qualify for help even if the family had not qualified for help with healthy children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back