GUILTY DE - Smyrna, Wht/HispFemale, 2-5, 'Baby Elle', ball field, 13 Sept 2019 - Emma Cole *arrests*

she looks so much like bella bond :(

She reminds me of both Bella Bond and Madison Doe.

I find the lack of a covering/wrapping for the body to be disturbing. It's often said that a child that was loved and the death regretted will more likely be wrapped or covered in a gentle way. There doesn't seem to be any respect for the remains of this little one :(

Her chin recedes a bit, could she have micrognathia like Madison Doe?

She reminds me of both Bella Bond and Madison Doe.

I find the lack of a covering/wrapping for the body to be disturbing. It's often said that a child that was loved and the death regretted will more likely be wrapped or covered in a gentle way. There doesn't seem to be any respect for the remains of this little one :(

Her chin recedes a bit, could she have micrognathia like Madison Doe?

yes that is sad to me too. sprawled on the ground burned. i hope to god her life was not like that...

Could Ember Skye Graham be Baby Elle?

I looked through NamUs for missing girls who fit Baby Elle’s description. A lot of them were thought to have been taken to different countries, like Mexico, so I ruled them out. Then, I found Ember Skye Graham.

She went missing in 2015 from California. I’ve attached a picture of them side by side. They definitely resemble! They both are white, have brown hair, brown eyes, a similar nose shape, a similar jawline, and they both are so adorable. Elle is 2-5, and Ember would be 3 today. Plus, Ember had a seizure disorder, which can be chronic.

The differences are that Ember went missing from California, while Baby Elle was found in Delaware, which is all the way across the country. And, Elle was found this year, while Ember went missing back in 2015.

Let’s address the differences: Assuming they’re the same people, there would have been about 2-3 years where Ember was missing but still alive. During that time frame, she could have easily been taken across the country. She could have even left the country and came back.

I called NCMEC and told them about my findings earlier today. I figured that even if they aren’t the same people, it would still be another girl ruled out of Elle’s case, making it a tiny bit easier to find her identity.

What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• 8EFA75B6-32CE-4FD6-A43A-309752B8DF65.jpeg
    8EFA75B6-32CE-4FD6-A43A-309752B8DF65.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 96

I looked through NamUs for missing girls who fit Baby Elle’s description. A lot of them were thought to have been taken to different countries, like Mexico, so I ruled them out. Then, I found Ember Skye Graham.

She went missing in 2015 from California. I’ve attached a picture of them side by side. They definitely resemble! They both are white, have brown hair, brown eyes, a similar nose shape, a similar jawline, and they both are so adorable. Elle is 2-5, and Ember would be 3 today. Plus, Ember had a seizure disorder, which can be chronic.

The differences are that Ember went missing from California, while Baby Elle was found in Delaware, which is all the way across the country. And, Elle was found this year, while Ember went missing back in 2015.

Let’s address the differences: Assuming they’re the same people, there would have been about 2-3 years where Ember was missing but still alive. During that time frame, she could have easily been taken across the country. She could have even left the country and came back.

I called NCMEC and told them about my findings earlier today. I figured that even if they aren’t the same people, it would still be another girl ruled out of Elle’s case, making it a tiny bit easier to find her identity.

What are your thoughts?
The forehead is off in my opinion. Like the hairline, eyebrows.

DDP does not take on child cases, so she won’t be identified through them, but another independent company may take on her case.

I’m curious to know what kind of chronic illnesses can be dectected through bone analysis. Knowing that could help narrow things down.

IMO
Why does DDP not do child cases? I would think, if they are not equipped to handle the case they would call another agency for help. An independent company will want money. Looks like this will not be solved anytime soon.:(:(

What are your thoughts?

baby ember was killed by her father and left somewhere near her hometown is the prevailing opinion. he went on the run and either killed himself or suicide by cop to avoid arrest which speaks volumes.

DNA Doe Project does not take on child cases (not yet anyway). However there are some other groups and individual genealogists doing this same type of work that will work on children's cases. I think Parabon labs works on some child cases. Also individual genealogists such as Barbara Rae Venter or Cece Moore might take this case if asked.
Barbara Rae Venter is amazing. And she worked on the children in Bear Brook State park that were finally identified. There is a truly amazing podcast about that case and also about the use of genealogy and DNA in solving intractably unsolvable cases - in that case both living and deceased children.

Bear Brook

The reason i am posting this link on this thread, is because of the interesting way this little girl was identified with the help of her alert former kindergarten teacher.

Global News
Dec 10 2019 rbbm.
Toronto’s Farah Khan, 5, remembered 20 years after her murder by those who never knew her
"A snowy walk takes former Toronto police homicide detective Rolf Prisor back to Colonel Samuel Smith Park in the city’s west end, the place that two decades ago was the epicentre of a desperate search for answers.

The partial remains of five-year-old Farah Khan were discovered at the park and Prisor was the lead detective who helped solve the case. The little girl’s father and stepmother were later convicted of her murder.

But the case might never have been solved if not for an extraordinary news conference and an attentive kindergarten teacher.

On Dec. 7, 1999, a woman walking her dog noticed a couple burying something among the rocks along by Lake Ontario. When they left, she went over and looked inside a bag they had tried to conceal.

“She opened it up and immediately she saw the hand, the forearm,” recalled Prisor.

Shortly after that discovery, Prisor, who at the time worked in the homicide squad, got a call. He said he was told about body parts being found in the park, but what he discovered when he arrived on the scene shocked him — something that haunts him to this day. The body parts were that of a child."
"Cairns said DNA testing showed the limb is from a girl who was between four and six years of age, and likely of South Asian descent. He then read a list of countries considered to be South Asian, including India, Bangladesh and Pakistan."

On that very day at Second Street Elementary School, not far from Colonel Samuel Smith Park, kindergarten teacher Heather Cartwright heard the news. Coincidentally, a pair of police officers were at the school on an unrelated matter. She told them about one of her young students who recently returned to Pakistan with her family to look after an ailing grandmother.

Cartwright kept some of the girls things, including a crucial finger painting. It was the break police needed.

“The prints that were found on the artwork matched the fingerprints of the remains, specifically the left middle finger,” said Prisor.

“This was a huge, huge break for us because now we identified her finally.”

But despite the decades, she has not been forgotten. Whenever he’s at the cemetery for a funeral, Farouk said he stops by.

“I always make the effort to go see visit Farah and make a special prayer for her,” he said."

Why does DDP not do child cases? I would think, if they are not equipped to handle the case they would call another agency for help. An independent company will want money. Looks like this will not be solved anytime soon.:(:(

Because the mother of the Doe usually becomes the POI and DDP doesn’t want to be liable for that. They also can’t assist in criminal cases, which is what most children Does are.

Somehow I missed this thread and just now learned about it via Facebook from this article: Police put face to child remains found in Smyrna, Delaware

This article states that the remains were "uncovered and unburied". To me this means they were at some point covered/buried. Did anyone else interpret it that way? Could the dog have uncovered the child from a very shallow grave?

Somehow I missed this thread and just now learned about it via Facebook from this article: Police put face to child remains found in Smyrna, Delaware

This article states that the remains were "uncovered and unburied". To me this means they were at some point covered/buried. Did anyone else interpret it that way? Could the dog have uncovered the child from a very shallow grave?
I don't think this child was actually buried. I think she was simply left there. Whoever did it, probably didn't have the heart to bury her. She had a chronic illness. I still think she was left in that location because she would be found sooner, rather than later.

I didn't interpret it either way--I took it as a statement that the remains weren't covered or buried when found, without any implication of what might have happened earlier. But I thought there was another LE statement that she wasn't buried.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back