Identified! DE - Sussex Co, 34, *GRAPHIC* Mar 2019 - Tia Tucker - *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Gardener1850, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

ME/C Case Number 2019-S-0149

Demographics
    Sex: Female
    Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino, Asian, Uncertain
    Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 40
    Estimated Year of Death: 2019
    Estimated PMI: 2 Days
    Height: Cannot Estimate
    Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
    Type Unidentified Deceased
    Date Found March 9, 2019
    NamUs Case Created March 11, 2019
    General Location -- Laurel, Delaware 19956
    Sussex County

Circumstances of Recovery
    Body dump location
    Inventory of Remains
    One or more limbs not recovered
    One or both hands not recovered

Condition of Remains
    Recognizable face

Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown

Piercing
    Left ear: two lobe piercings and one cartilage piercing. Right ear: unknown piercings

Tattoo
    Right upper arm shoulder area: black ink cross with wings with cursive "Jaida" approx 10cm x 10cm

Tattoo
    Left upper chest breast area: black ink lines with red rose and cursive "R" or "K" approx 4cm x 8cm

Tattoo
    Left side of neck behind ear: black and possibly blue ink (faded) possible bird or butterfly approx 2cm x 2cm

Tattoo
    Right side of neck behind ear: black ink (faded) possible butterfly unclear design approx 3cm x 1cm

Tattoo
    Back of neck: black or blue ink cursive "E" or "F" or "T" approx 2cm x 1cm
    The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

WARNING GRAPHIC PICS BELOW

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Gardener1850

LAUREL – Delaware State Police launched a death investigation this morning after a body of an adult was found deceased on the side of the roadway near Laurel.

According to state police spokeswoman Master Cpl. Melissa Jaffe, the investigation began around 7:24 a.m., as troopers were dispatched to S. Shell Bridge Road in the area of Broad Creek Estates for the report of a deceased person found on the side of the road.

The body was turned over to the Delaware Division of Forensic Science for an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death. The adult victim’s identity at present is unknown, Cpl. Jaffe said.
    State police: Deceased body found near Laurel - Delaware State News

3. Bombshell

Bombshell Member

I am local and shared her tattoo pictures on Facebook — someone recognized them and she has been identified.

4. Gardener1850

UPDATED 3-12-19 11:05am – Delaware State Police say the body that was found in the Laurel area on Saturday morning is an adult female. Police were called to South Shell Bridge Road near Broad Creek Estates just before 7:30 and found the woman’s body along the side of the roadway. Her body has been turned over to the Division of Forensic Science to determine the cause and manner of death and her identity. Police tell WGMD the woman’s death is suspicious and the investigation is continuing.

UPDATED: Investigation Continues After Woman’s Body Found on Laurel Area Roadside | WGMD

Al Ka and HayLouise like this.
  5. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

i kind of figured because namus said limbs missing, but she was dismembered :( I cant read the link because im not a subscriber. is that pic of the tattoo above a piece of skin? :(

Get Access

bluenoser likes this.
  6. LarkBunting

LarkBunting Well-Known Member

It sure looks like a tattoo on skin...on a piece of flesh that’s no longer part of an intact body. That poor woman. :(

cvaldez1975, Al Ka and bluenoser like this.
  7. JoliePeruko

JoliePeruko New Member

<modsnipped sleuthing family social media- no msm link to substantiate information>

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2019
    Really?, silverjug and wordsick like this.
  8. Gardener1850

I can't access this either. Can anyone tell if her name given? I'm not finding other MSM updates anywhere.

9. Gardener1850

Welcome JoliePeruko! We need a link to her name in a MSM article or an announcement from Law Enforcement for the mods to change the thread title and add her name.

10. JoliePeruko

JoliePeruko New Member

It was on the Deleware State Police FB page but they took the post down. I didn’t sleuth her family even though that’s why the mod snipped my comment the NAMUS page is also gone. I can’t log in to Facebook so not sure if it was updated. I’ll just continue being an observer from now on, sorry.

11. Gardener1850

RSBM.

No need to be sorry, we just are not allowed to post about social media comments here. It has to be something more official/verified info from a Main Stream Media source. If the police removed the comments, then perhaps they don't want that info out in the public yet. Hope you will join in again sometime.

:)

JoliePeruko and Al Ka like this.
  12. JoliePeruko

JoliePeruko New Member

Noted. Also, They removed the whole post that had her tattoos. Hopefully within the next day an article will be released and I can then link it! :)

Al Ka, silverjug, LeenC and 1 other person like this.
  13. Gardener1850

WILMINGTON, Del. – The report on the dead woman found dumped by the side of the road Saturday in Delaware was as simple as it was horrendous.

"One or more limbs not recovered."

"One or both hands not recovered."

Those details, unconfirmed by state police, were put into a national system used to identify bodies by the Delaware Division of Forensic Science on Monday.

Police have said only that they found a woman's body Saturday morning along along a road near Bethel in southern Delaware. They are investigating the death as a homicide.

The News Journal found the details on the NamUs database, administered by a branch of the U.S. Department of Justice and managed by the University of North Texas Health Science Center. A NamUs manager confirmed an employee from the Delaware forensic division added that grisly information to its database Monday.

The information, originally public, was switched to private on Tuesday after the News Journal asked state police to confirm details.

The mutilated state of the body described in the database matches accounts by residents of the neighborhood where she was found and by emergency responders in Sussex County.

"Very limited information has been released due to the nature of this incident. The investigation is in its early stages and we do not want to provide information that could be detrimental to this case," a state police spokeswoman said in an email Tuesday.

Though she's unidentified, the database says her face was "recognizable."

'People are scared': Delaware neighborhood on edge after woman's dismembered body found

cybervampira, FireOwl9, Al Ka and 4 others like this.
  14. Bombshell

Bombshell Member

I don’t believe DSP shared the images of the tattoos on FB, unbelievably, as I was watching their page for an update. I shared the 3 less graphic photos & cropped as much as I could. Over 1,000 shares and one hour later my inbox was blown up with her name and link to her profile. I was also contacted by journalists asking for her name how I obtained the pictures. I didn’t share her name as I already passed that info to the detective but it did give me an opportunity to educate them about NamUs.

I believe the silence from LE is because of the rumored “serial killer”.

15. Gardener1850

I used to think "serial killer" whenever I saw that a body was dismembered but after a few years of following cases here I have found that it is more likely to be someone who knew the victim and is trying to make it look like a serial killer. Especially when they leave the parts lying around in a place they will be found. Grace Packer's case is an example of this -- she was dismembered by her adopted mom's boyfriend and they left the parts scattered in a park area. The staging of a scene gives it away that someone is trying to make a murder look random. MOO.

16. Bombshell

Bombshell Member

17. Gardener1850

Thanks Bombshell. Some quotes from the article:

The dismembered body dumped along a Sussex County road last weekend belonged to a 34-year-old Woodbridge High School graduate who grew up in Bridgeville.

Friends and family confirmed Tia Tucker was the woman state police said was shot to death and left along South Shell Bridge Road near Bethel, where she was discovered Saturday morning.

On Thursday, Tucker's mother, Yvonne Tucker, laid on the couch in her Seaford apartment, scrolling through her phone as cigarette smoke wafted from a nearby ashtray.

She offered an open invitation into her home but had no comment about her daughter or her death. Police told her not to share anything with the media, she said.

“All I want is her back,” she said as she started to weep.

[​IMG]

RIP Tia

18. JoliePeruko

JoliePeruko New Member

Serial killer... eh maybe? I live way across the Pacific Ocean so it’s been hard to find articles of other people murdered there . I hope justice will come sooner rather than later.

19. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Al Ka and Gardener1850 like this.
  20. DammitJanetilu

DammitJanetilu New Member