Identified! DE - Wilmington, White male in Rockford Park creek, Sep'11 - Thomas King

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hal Brown has set up a Facebook page to bring attention to his UID cases.

Warning Postmortem photos at link - GRAPHIC CONTENT:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dela...ic-Science-Laboratory/132441810134171?sk=wall

He has a recent UID case featured. The image is quite graphic and disgusting, so in order to show on this thread what remained of the tattoo, I blurred out the decomposing flesh and maggots.

NamUs UP # 9378 https://identifyus.org/cases/9378

2981604820045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on September 23, 2011, in Rockford Park, Wilmington Delaware.
* Estimated Date of Death: Months prior

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 23-50 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"; 185 lbs.
* Tattoos: Substantially decomposed large, unidentified right shoulder tattoo (see image).

Circumstances of death
On Friday 9/23/2011 at 4:30 PM, a decomposed Caucasian male was discovered in a creek situated in a ravine and and run-off area approximately 100 feet from Brandywine Creek, in the vicinity of Rockford Park, Wilmington, DE. The area was a South of South Park Drive, Wilmington, DE.

I e-mailed Hal to ask him exactly where on the shoulder the tattoo is located, since it is difficult to tell from the photo. He replied:

I realize it is difficult to see the orientation. Body is lying on left side and camera is looking at posterior upper right shoulder

I edited the previous post, rotating the photo 90 degrees to show the tattoo in its vertical orientation.

On the one hand I am rather surprised that Hal Brown posted some of these pics on a FB page yet on the other hand, it allows direct communication with his office.

from the FB discussion, they are hypothesizing that this was a prison tattoo. I think it is standard operating procedure nowadays to get DNA samples from prisoners so once Hal's results come back he might get a match.

I loved the chatter with a former co-worker who joked "Oh what, you didn't get your DNA results back over the commercial break?", mocking CSI.

I just received the following update from Hal Brown:

Hello Carl,

The 9/23/2011 decomposed Caucasian male discovered in a creek near the RockfordPark area of Wilmington, DE has been positively identified via a partial fingerprint. Just wanted to let you know and thanks for helping to look into this for me. *

All the best, *-Hal

No details regarding the name of the decedent, or what the tattoo looked like prior to his death.

A little additional info from Hal:

He was homeless and no family has been located yet, so we still have the body and have not released the I'd. Don't know about the tattoo, but family will be asked (when family is located).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back