Dean Stockwell, 'Quantum Leap' and 'Blue Velvet' actor, dies at 85

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by BetteDavisEyes, Nov 9, 2021.

1. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

Dean Stockwell, 'Quantum Leap' and 'Blue Velvet' actor, dies at 85 (nbcnews.com)

Born as Robert Dean Stockwell in March 1936, Stockwell began his career as a child actor under contract to Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

Dean Stockwell, an actor with a career that spanned more than 70 years, died on Sunday. He was 85.

Among his best credits were a leading role in the sci-fi series “Quantum Leap,” “Air Force One” and David Lynch films “Dune” and “Blue Velvet.”

Born as Robert Dean Stockwell in March 1936, Stockwell began his career as a child actor under contract to Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. His first know film appearance was in “Valley of Decision” in 1945. Other early titles included “Anchors Aweigh” and “The Green Years.”...

2. Catmommy

Catmommy I see more than I say

One of my favorites especially as "Tony the Tiger" in Married To The Mob. Well done, sir, rest in peace.

Filly and Ajaygee11 like this.
  3. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I loved his Hitchcock episode (The Landlady). And yes, his "Tony the Tiger" in MTTM lives on forever.

4. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

An astounding career. Fabulous actor.

Dislike coincidences but just two days ago Mr. Stockwell's name came up. Young kid in the grocery store was talking "Dune" to me. I have no clue. He says ya know that guy in Blue Velvet". I say "Oh Dean Stockwell he was a child actor". He asked the films. I told him "Gentleman's Agreement" and "The Boy With The Green Hair". Right up this kids alley.

May Mr. Stockwell RIP, and know a very new generation are watching ALL his films.

Sincerely, Catmommy and realanastasia like this.
  5. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

I best remember Dean Stockwell as young Colin Craven in the 1949 version of The Secret Garden that also starred Margaret O'Brien and Herbert Marshall :)

Catmommy and realanastasia like this.
  6. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

I loved him the newer Battlestar Galactica. He played the head Cylon and was evil and duplicitous and was just fabulous.

RIP sir and thank you for the entertainment.

Catmommy likes this.