Death of Leandus Pickens/Looking for Volunteers

Discussion in 'Crimes That Should Be In The News' started by Tricia, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Leandus Pickens was shot by Marcus Brown.

The shooting was ruled justified. According to the evidence, the shooting was not at all justified. Below is an article about the case.

Doubts persist in 'castle doctrine' shooting case in Anderson

We have amazing case files. I am looking for volunteers to really dig into this case as well as upload the files.

You need to be organized and dedicated to this case.

We are looking to get justice for Mr. Picken's and his loved ones.

You will need to tell me your real name and will have to go through a criminal background check. Everything will be kept confidential. Please email me at
    websleuthsvideos@gmail.com

Thank you,
    Tricia Griffith
    Owner/Websleuths.com

imstilla.grandma, LadyL, KAE and 2 others like this.

2. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hey Everyone,

Leandus Pickens needs a hero.

We need someone to go through all the evidence in this case and post about here. Post about the evidence found by Dr. Laura Pettler and Associates. Although I need to be clear. Dr. Pettler's company did not give us evidence. It was given to us by Leigh Egan from Crimeonline.com

It is hardcore proof, in my opinion, that in this case, Mr. Pickens was not justifiably shot but was flat out murdered.

The case was ruled a justifiable homicide. No, it was not. There is no investigation ongoing. The case is closed.

We need some heroes to take over the case and go through the evidence, post what proof on this thread that shows Mr. Pickens was murdered and the case was closed prematurely.

Then, with any luck, we can put enough heat on the D.A.'s office to re-open this case and investigate it properly.

Mr. Pickens was not a rich man and he had his issues but he still deserves justice. His mother and other family members still deserve to see his killer put before a jury and hopefully found guilty based on the evidence contained in the link below. Evidence one or more of you will bring to this thread and make it easy for all of use to see Mr. Leandus Pickens was murdered.

PLEASE ONLY USE THE INITIALS OF THE PERSON WHO SHOT MR. PICKENS. HIS INITIALS ARE M.B.

Here is the link with the evidence.
    OneDrive

This is not a usual thing for Websleuths to do. However, this case is so egregious, it is so very plain to see this case was closed too soon, that we felt we had to do the right thing and do our best to help get Leandus Pickens case re-opened.

Thank you,
    Tricia
    PS. Any questions please email me at websleuthsvideos@gmail.com
    Thank you.

3. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

This is interesting. I started with the lie detector examination with Arsenio, the 26 year old man in bed with the homeowner at the time of the shooting. He was asked two relevant questions.
    Did you lie about any details concerning that shooting at Marcus' house. He answered No.
    Did you lie to the police about any details concerning that shooting at Marcus' house. He answered No.
    The examiner found no deception. He seems to have offered another bit of evidence though. He said the gunshots caused partial hearing loss (which is reasonable) and he didn't really hear what was said between Marcus and Leandus as Leandus was dying. He was an eyewitness through the entire event because he never left the bedroom.
    Polygraphs are only about 70% to 90% accurate and cannot be used in criminal trials. They are an investigative tool only Inconclusive: The truth about lie detector tests | In the Dark | APM Reports.

KAE likes this.
  4. KAE

KAE Well-Known Member

5. Dylansmom08

Dylansmom08 Well-Known Member

I have read the polygraph report of the witness but do we know if MB was given a polygraph or if he refused? I would think that it would have been beneficial to have him submit to a polygraph to help confirm his version of events. Also which window is it that Mr. Perkins was said to have been trying to come through?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  6. glamourkitty1922

He refused, probably following the advice of his attorney. His companion had the same story because he was in the room the entire time and he passed the test.

Dylansmom08 likes this.
  7. ivegotthemic

ivegotthemic Well-Known Member

Honestly the lawyer in me cant blame him here, he knew hed get immunity so there was no incentive. Granted if your innocent there nothing to hide

MJOK and Laughing like this.
  8. Dylansmom08

9. ivegotthemic

10. glamourkitty1922

MB called 911 because someone was pounding at the door, he didn't look out the window to see who it was. I am suspicious about that. He didn't answer the door because of the operator's advice to wait because an officer is on his way. Leandus then climbed through the window per Arsenio and MB. He was allegedly behind the curtains when he was shot. There seems to be no reason for Leandus coming to the house. When MB was asked if he had a relationship with Leandus, he took the 5th but I can't find the article so take that with a grain of salt. This news site has the 911 calls at the bottom after the article Shooting death draws clashing opinions

11. ivegotthemic

i also thought it was interesting in this article they reveal more off the 911 call

“I have a gun,” Brown told the dispatcher. “I hate to go to the door with my gun, which I am getting ready to do in a second.”

The dispatcher told Brown an officer was on the way.

“Just stay where you are for your own safety,” the dispatcher told Brown.

Shooting death draws clashing opinions

glamourkitty1922 likes this.
  12. glamourkitty1922

The evidence seems to contradict the claim that the story changed since the lawyer says that the two stayed up talking and drinking, and their blood tests show 0 alcohol level. Arsenio is MB's godson? That's interesting.

13. glamourkitty1922

14. ivegotthemic

15. glamourkitty1922

16. glamourkitty1922

That's interesting. Which ones are untrue?

17. ivegotthemic

She states DBs verison of events is the only way it could have happened but the crime scene reconstruction report found they could not confirm his version of events, also LE was very against DBs story and i cant imagine what made them come around so drastically

18. ivegotthemic

also she said they did through testing the none of the gun shot residue tests were processed and there was a DNA sample untested as well

19. Dylansmom08

Is this a picture of a home security system at MB's house? It looks like you can see the cars in the driveway. If it is then why would MB not look at that and see whose vehicle is in his driveway before taking such drastic measures as calling police and getting a gun? He admits to knowing Mr. Pickens for years before this night and would definitely recognize the vehicle.
    [​IMG]

Laughing likes this.
  20. glamourkitty1922

They don't usually process the residue tests if the person admits to doing the shooting. The tests are used to prove someone shot a gun when they are saying they didn't. When you know without a doubt who did the shooting, they admit without reservation they did the shooting, evidence such as residue and dna are just held until the testing needs to be done. It's a waste of lab time and tax dollars doing otherwise.

Laughing likes this.