Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #1

Discussion in 'Deaths of Male College Students/The River Killers' started by SuziQ, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

New discussion thread for the forum.

2. Loading...

3. shadowraiths

shadowraiths LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special Staff Member Moderator

4. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

Great! Thanks, Mods! WOOHOO!

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Ok guys, how do we want to do this? List cases under State grouping. Or create a new thread for every single case? Do we want to bring existing cases over from the missing forum? If we do that then they might have to be moved back. I'll let you guys fight it out. It makes no difference to me. lol.

ETA: if you decide that each case is to have it's own thread can we title them with Name, State, Date missing?

6. shadowraiths

shadowraiths LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special Staff Member Moderator

From the other thread...

I agree, that they did not seem to take tabacco shop bit particularly seriously did seem odd. Though, I think they had already made up their minds and were simply going through the motions. Which is one thing I totally agree with the two NYC detectives (i.e., investigate it as a possible homicide and rule it out). I also found the off-duty officer's statements to be rather odd. It seemed as if they were working a bit too hard to buttress the "inebriated story." And, of course, I found the girlfriend's behavior strange. Why wasn't she concerned about where Jenkins was at closing? And why did it take the parents to report him missing? Then there's the investigating officers and their seeming lack of actually trying to get to the bottom of things. Maybe all of this was nothing. Then again...

7. SeriouslySearching

The way we handled it on the Hilton case forum was to leave the individual cases where they were and copy them into the forum in individual threads for discussion. It seemed to work well that way. We did use States as a point with Hilton since he was up and down the East Coast. I don't know if there are enough states to go this route here tho or we could go by the years instead of individual cases. Make sense?

I started a Media Links thread and decided to include the women in a thread for a reason. I don't know if they are actually related in any way...however, the age, location, and many of them went missing from bars, too.

8. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Thanks, SS.

9. SeriouslySearching

10. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

SS- informative read. Thanks for sharing.

11. SeriouslySearching

Here is one from Fairbanks, Alaska found last year. (Die we already have him listed somewhere?)

The body was found around 6 p.m. Monday by Chris Sandland, a diver who was searching the water for the body of 20-year-old Will Bergeson, who has been missing since Nov. 11, 2006.

Bergeson was last seen leaving the Midnite Mine Bar, in downtown Fairbanks, Griffin Park, located just in front of the Chena River.

http://www.aksuperstation.com/home/7073412.html

12. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Interesting. Would that river have been frozen over in November?

13. Blink34

Blink34 Former Member

I'm fine with that, or we could develop a template for case appropriateness? Either way I think there is enough of us on here to weigh in pretty quickly if it fits, thanks for the forum SQ

14. Blink34

Blink34 Former Member

I dont think so SS, good find, from the article, he fits.

15. Salem

Salem Former Member

Good find on the Alaska article, SS. I'm wondering if Fairbanks LE should be alerted to the many other similar cases? I know, I know, you would think that LE across the states would inform each other, but I think it is apparent that they don't, jmo.

Salem

16. SeriouslySearching

I am debating now on doing this forum in states...then individual threads of peak interest cases (ones the detectives have reason to believe are already connected). I thought about going by years, but it could get messier that way, I think. Any ideas? I have the time at the moment to get these up and going since no one has done it yet.

17. Salem

Salem Former Member

SS - I like the state idea. It will help to "group" the cases I think.

Salem

18. Salem

Salem Former Member

Crypto and Shado - the link to Shado's work did not work for me. Any chance you can repost it or tell me how to search for it and I will go find it?

Thanks,

Salem

19. Blink34

Blink34 Former Member

Having the time I think lets you make the call- does it hurt us from posting on the overall issue, which is the connection to all cases per state?
    The positve side is is posters locally in their state will be quick to update news links?

20. SeriouslySearching

Right! I am on it now. :) Not at all! Post away!

21. shadowraiths

Here you go:

Moved: see General Links

Imho, we need a general links thread. Or is it okay to post non-media links to the "media links" thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.