Debbie Reynolds, 84, dead one day after her daughter's passing

Saw this last year when it aired. So glad Carrie was able to pay tribute to her mother.

Carrie is at about 1:35.

[video=youtube;xdjuEwRSKJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdjuEwRSKJA[/video]

Carrie Fisher said that she and her Mom always finished each others' sentences.

Carrie joked about their bickering but then said they were incredibly close. They lived on the same property. They phoned each
other dozens of times a day. They sang together.

What a remarkable and close mother and daughter relationship they shared.

Rest in Peace Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds, two strong, beautiful women who left grand legacies.

Whatever the autopsy will reveal, IMO, Debbie died of a broken heart. Losing a child is the WORST
thing anybody can go through.

So very true.

No surprise that Debbie Reynolds passed away after her daughter Carrie Fisher. The grief was simply beyond any comprehension.

I don't even know what to say at this point. I predicted to friends just yesterday that 2016 was not done with us. I'm so sad to have been right.

Rest in Peace Debbie Reynolds. You were a true star. :rose:

:tears:

That's it... 2016, I've had it! RIP Debbie Reynolds. You're united with Carrie now. The Force will always be with you! We just lost a national treasure!

It is bittersweet but I am kind of relieved for her. I bet the loss was too much and she was probably ready to go on her journey. She was my all time favorite musical/actress. I grew up watching her and loved her to this day. :rose:

I have very close friends that had three children until their 16-year-old son was hit head on by a drunk
driver and died (of course the drunk lived). They both wanted to die & be with their son. Thank God,
the only reason they didn't kill themselves was for the sake of their other two children..
This happened years ago, and to this day, they are NOT and NEVER will be the same.

What I really meant to say...maybe this is a blessing in disguise to save Debbie having to live
without her daughter. Now she's with her daughter.

[video=youtube;rZ5OIIaumqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ5OIIaumqA[/video]

What I really meant to say...maybe this is a blessing in disguise to save Debbie having to live
without her daughter. Now she's with her daughter.

Not to sound insensitive, I thought of it too.

I was not surprised that Debbie Reynolds would have health problems.

Debbie Reynolds Hospitalized

by Jennifer Drysdale 1:56 PM PST, December 28, 2016

[...]

Reynolds was taken via ambulance from a residence on Coldwater Canyon in Beverly Hills, California, to a nearby emergency room. According to TMZ, the actress' family called 911 to report a possible stroke.

Reynolds' daughter, Carrie Fisher, died on Tuesday after going into cardiac arrest during a flight from London to Los Angeles last week. She was 60 years old.

cont. at the link

http://www.etonline.com/news/205995_debbie_reynolds_hospitalized_report/

I was already worrying about her, how hard this has been on her losing her precious daughter so suddenly and so tragically. :cry:

ETA: Omg, she has passed away?! RIP beautiful lady. :tears:

In light of how this happened
D
ebbie was 19 when she did Singing

and Carrie was 19 for SW

Sky news

In memory of beloved Debbie Reynolds, she was hilarious in "Mother". But now it just makes me cry :tears:

[video=youtube;1cCEE8-jhus]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cCEE8-jhus[/video]

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/debbie-reynolds-ruta-lees-thalians-120500455.html

For nearly 60 years The Thalians, led by Debbie Reynolds and Ruta Lee, have raised over $35 million for mental health related causes. A majority of the contributions have come through The Thalians Annual Galas, a Who's Who of the Hollywood elite honoring a Mr. or Ms. Wonderful with an award designed by Walt Disney himself. The coveted trophy is given to a member of the entertainment industry not only for their work on stage and screen but also for their behind-the-scenes philanthropy. A partial list of the honorees includes Frank Sinatra, Mary Martin, Lana Turner, Ed Sullivan, Shirley MacLaine, Gene Kelly, Sammy Davis, Jr., Lucille Ball, Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, James Stewart, Rita Hayworth, Count Basie, Liza Minnelli, Carol Channing, Carol Burnett, Sally Field, Mary Tyler Moore, Whoopi Goldberg, Red Buttons, Clint Eastwood, Mickey Rooney, Hugh Hefner, and Smokey Robinson, to name a few.

Debbie Reynolds, who was recently honored with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, said, "We are thrilled that the Academy Film Archive will officially preserve The Thalians one-of-a-kind collection of Hollywood history that has served to help so many families heal the invisible wounds of mental health diseases."

She began collecting Hollywood memorabilia - several years ago she sold Marylin Monroes famous white dress for over 4 million!

Joely Fisher reacts to mother's and sister's deaths just 1 day apart: 'Some of the magic people have left the tribe...for the moment I am inconsolable... - @MsJoelyFisher

cnn

This is so terribly sad. The comfort I take is that I believe Debbie and Carrie are together now.

I saw a tweet earlier that I had to smile at. Someone said "Any Postcards From The Edge fan has to darkly appreciate the thunder stealing."

RIP ladies

My grandfather died 5 days after he buried his wife of 62 years. He died of a broken heart. Died in his sleep of 'natural causes.' :heartbeat:

She hung on for a long time seeing her daughter through addiction that nearly killed her and then mental illness that nearly killed her. Once her daughter no longer needed her, she could let go and pass on.

Todd is a person of tremendous faith. and I pray that it will give him comfort during these coming days as he deals with unbelievable loss.

I'm still in shock and I wasn't even a relative. Two great ladies who gave me so much enjoyment. I will miss them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back