Deborah Bradley's Estranged Husband Speaks - Where Is Baby Lisa?

wow so I guess even now that there is DNA most states still wont allow you to basterdize the kid. Good this is for the child's sake ofcourse so support will be paid on his/her behalf. I know for a fact before DNA the man was stuck with supporting the love child as long as he was legally married since DNA it has been challenged and im not sure how each state handles it.

I've also seen it where if there is a separation and the mother gets pregnant, neither party can file for divorce until the child is born to determine who the father is.

Not always LOL I kept quite for this and other reasons. my ex was a turd and wouldnt grant me a divorce well past the 60 day mark. He had one excuse after another. Finally it was finalized and later he found out thanks to a noisey neighbor from my old neighborhood LOL I can laugh now but it was a big deal back then LOL

With so much focus on Lisa, and the information we're getting in general, I actually never stopped to think how difficult this must be for Sean Bradley. Regardless of whether or not one believes DB or JI had anything to do with the disappearance of their daughter, Sean must be incredibly concerned for his son. I know I would be. :(
And I am sure he will agree with their decision as to NOT be staying at that house. I wouldn't want my kid there if an abduction was possible.

I absolutely understand that. How many of those in the military fighting for their lives wouldn't pick up the phone to talk to their child in 2 years? I understand not seeing him if obstacles are in the way....but no phone call.

IMHO that's unexcuseable.

MOO

Mel

We have absolutely no way of knowing if that was a possibility. Considering that DB and JI's phones were turned off for non-payment at the time of Lisa's disappearance, Lord only knows how many times DB has changed phone numbers since she last spoke to SB. If he was out of the country, and she failed to pay the bill or had her number changed, how was he supposed to call?

The today interview with peter says he didnt want to be on camera. So i figured he wasnt in iraq. moo First post in this thread.
yes, I saw the Today Show interview and got the impression that he was not currently deployed, but I keep reading that he is in Iraq so I was wondering if there was any confirmation one way or the other. But since we've been told not to sleuth him I will drop it.

Respectfully, I feel like you put words in my mouth, and that I need to set this straight. No part of my post was an attack on SB. It was simply pointing out that for him and Debbie to not have talked in two years, there is likely a story there (but not something he is going to tell the media.)

The amount of respect I have for our military is immense, for the record.

I did not have any reason to 'put words in your mouth'; my post was a statement of fact that should have been 'understood' by the nature of his connection to the case. The mods have now confirmed that there is no sleuthing of SB.

I was responding to your hypothesis with a statement that it was disrespectful to sleuth him. I did so because I have a Dad, 8 uncles, a husband and extended family members, all military, who would expect me to do so. IMHO

I don't think anyone is interested in sleuthing SB. I think it is the nature of their relationship that is of interest here. Why hasn't he seen his son in two years? Could be lots of reasons. The only one I am interested in is if it is because of the relationship between him and DB. Did they have a huge falling out? Why? Did one of them threaten the other? Was there abuse? Or did they simply grow tired of each other and amicably split? I think there may be some insight into DB's personality to be gleaned from the relationship (or lack of) between her and her estranged husband.

I have a tremendous respect for all our service men and women, and don't think he deserves to be sucked into this sordid situation at all. I think he and their son are just another couple of her victims.

ETA: I have a sneaking feeling she "tricked" him into marrying her one way or another. I think she was desperate to leave her family home.

And I am sure he will agree with their decision as to NOT be staying at that house. I wouldn't want my kid there if an abduction was possible.

Nor would I, Middle.

On the other hand, I would also be concerned if my child were left in the care of a woman who, by her own admission, got trashed on a night when she was the sole caregiver responsible for the wellbeing of my child.

Either way you want to slice it, I completely understand Sean Bradley's concern. And that was the only thing I was addressing in my post.

As a 'brat', I can attest to the fact that military is NOT paid well and I understand the financial issue delaying a divorce. SB has been deployed and if he has boots on the ground in the Middle East, a divorce stateside is the last of his worries. 'Duck and cover' more so.

Also, I think we should be grateful to SB for his service to this country.

Thank you!! I agree. A Divorce would be the last thing on my mind if I was trying to avoid land mines. Why does everyone have to assume the worst of the worst with everything??? It is too bad that he and his Son don't have a relationship, but it sounds like that will change very soon. If he had anything bad to say about DB this was his chance and what would he have to lose, nothing.

As a 'brat', I can attest to the fact that military is NOT paid well and I understand the financial issue delaying a divorce. SB has been deployed and if he has boots on the ground in the Middle East, a divorce stateside is the last of his worries. 'Duck and cover' more so.

Also, I think we should be grateful to SB for his service to this country.

One of my good friends husband is away for five years.. He's been to two different countries and home once in two years.. He wasn't even home long maybe a few days...

I did not have any reason to 'put words in your mouth'; my post was a statement of fact that should have been 'understood' by the nature of his connection to the case. The mods have now confirmed that there is no sleuthing of SB.

I was responding to your hypothesis with a statement that it was disrespectful to sleuth him. I did so because I have a Dad, 8 uncles, a husband and extended family members, all military, who would expect me to do so. IMHO

Nowhere did I state he should be sleuthed.

Thank you!! I agree. A Divorce would be the last thing on my mind if I was trying to avoid land mines. Why does everyone have to assume the worst of the worst with everything??? It is too bad that he and his Son don't have a relationship, but it sounds like that will change very soon. If he had anything bad to say about DB this was his chance and what would he have to lose, nothing.

I agree, as well. I just took exception to the "we can't afford a divorce" statement. You don't have time, you can't do it because you're overseas, you've got bigger things to worry about, that's one thing. But to say you can't afford it, when you have access to free legal services....? Maybe those in the reserves don't have the same benefits as active duty when they are deployed, I don't know.

I agree, as well. I just took exception to the "we can't afford a divorce" statement. You don't have time, you can't do it because you're overseas, you've got bigger things to worry about, that's one thing. But to say you can't afford it, when you have access to free legal services....? Maybe those in the reserves don't have the same benefits as active duty when they are deployed, I don't know.

oh_gal, here's what I was able to find on this issue:

"Lawyers. Military personnel and family members all have access to free legal services provided by the "legal office" (JAG). What most people don't realize, however, is the JAG is of very little help when it comes to divorce and separation. At most, the JAG can give you general advice. They cannot prepare divorce or separation documents, they cannot represent you in court, they cannot file legal divorce or separation paperwork for you. Quite often, even the "general advice" may be of little use, as there is no requirement that a military lawyer be licensed to practice law in the state they are stationed in, so the lawyer's knowledge of divorce laws of that particular state may be limited."

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/divbenefits/a/idcardshousing.htm

If there was dirt on her, or bad blood between them, he could have come out swinging. I think it does say something that her estranged husband didn't go for the jugular, especially given how the media coverage has been on this case.

There's one big reason: $$$$

If he goes for the divorce, he has to pay child support (while getting a decrease in benefits).

While they are still married, he gets sufficient housing, rations (food), separation pay, to split with the ex.

I understand about not talking to DB, but to have NO contact with his child? none, zip, nada, for 2 years? That just has dysfunction written all over it. I'd like to know the back story, but since it prolly doesn't have much to do with Lisa missing I'm not gonna stress about it.

MOO

Mel

Two years is a typical (noncombat) overseas deployment.

BBM

Hasn't spoken to Deborah, hasn't seen their son in 2 years.

How does this equate to hasn't talked with son. That is not what is stated. I don't understand. :confused:

I dont post here alot as i work long hours and takes me along time just to catch up on reading..
But what the poster that i quoted said.. is where my mind went when i read the statement..
He did not say he had not talked to his son..
He many not concider just saying hi may i talk to (insert sons name here) talking to the mom. I know at times with my ex hubby i if it was his times with the kids.. i didnt talk to him only to ask to speak to my kids..

also.. as for free legal in military.. my ex was active duty air force and We had to have private attorneys for our legal issues with his ex wife and child custody and such..

I dunno to me this thread has gotten out of hand. Are people so desperate to find fault with DB that they are willing to pick apart any non negative statement made by friends/family? Now there is some devious reason why they never divorced?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back