Decomp smell **REVISIT**

I found this on another site... I guess this description gives you an idea of the smell of a decomposing body (which I highly doubt could ever be mistaken with PIZZA)

if the homicide investigator smelled "decomposition", there was a dead body somewhere around the vicinity. I hate to be so graphic but, until you smell a cadaver, you haven't smelled anything bad. Imagine the smell of a hot tar pot, combined with the smell of a 5 gallon bucket full of rotten eggs, combined with a weeks worth of poopie diapers, combined with about 100 pounds of rotten fish, combined with the smell of a dead cow. Once you smell that smell, you never forget it and you will recognize it no matter where or when you smell it next. It's a very unique - and very bad -odor.

*mental note* try not to decompose.

A body that is exposed to air will decompose more quickly and exhibit more insect activity.

in the definition this jumped out at me, maggots were supposedly in the trunk, I have to admit my car was filthy when I was a teen and I never remember maggots being on any of the nasty fast food bags I would get rid of when my dad threatened to take my car away if I didn't clean it up

If the smell was that bad and there were actually maggots in the trunk of that car then that would lead one to believe there must have been an adequate amount of tissue to test for DNA, etc. That will not help Casey.

earlier I thought that Caylee might have still been in the trunk when the car was recovered, then, possibly reburied leading George and Cindy to be in on it...the mythbusters website claims that the pig corpse had actually caused condensation and deterioration of the upholstery. If her body was in the car when it was picked up wouldn't that have been clearly visable??

A body that is exposed to air will decompose more quickly and exhibit more insect activity.

in the definition this jumped out at me, maggots were supposedly in the trunk, I have to admit my car was filthy when I was a teen and I never remember maggots being on any of the nasty fast food bags I would get rid of when my dad threatened to take my car away if I didn't clean it up

Hiya ShouldB,

I'm with you on this one. The back seat of my first jalopy had so many Jack In The Box, White Castle and A&W bags with food in them, I'd have to pull up to a dumpster every several months. Oh, to be young again and still be able to eat that bad food.
:eek:
At most, there was a slight aroma now and again (in summer), but maggots? No way.

Hey, didn't some media people do the pizza test? Or is that still not completed? Has anyone heard about the results or when they are due???

Selma

Oh, I guess I have to post this:

If the pizza in question (however imaginary it might be) was not a cooked pizza, but a fresh or frozen pizza purchased at a grocery store, that would explain why it wasn't immediately removed from the trunk and consumed as a meal. It could have been forgotten about in the trunk and if it had uncooked meat on it, maggots would appear.

What do you think? Is it just getting to be too late in the evening for me to be posting?
:waitasec:

Selma

Oh, I guess I have to post this:

If the pizza in question (however imaginary it might be) was not a cooked pizza, but a fresh or frozen pizza purchased at a grocery store, that would explain why it wasn't immediately removed from the trunk and consumed as a meal. It could have been forgotten about in the trunk and if it had uncooked meat on it, maggots would appear.

What do you think? Is it just getting to be too late in the evening for me to be posting?
:waitasec:

Selma
never too late to post!

DO we know what kind of pizza it was?

earlier I thought that Caylee might have still been in the trunk when the car was recovered, then, possibly reburied leading George and Cindy to be in on it...the mythbusters website claims that the pig corpse had actually caused condensation and deterioration of the upholstery. If her body was in the car when it was picked up wouldn't that have been clearly visable??

Very possible....But, I see just George being involved in the disposal. The reason for his quietness?..Maybe his reason for pointing out the gas cans on June 24th...("Caylee was not in car")

never too late to post!

DO we know what kind of pizza it was?

The kind you buy and put in your trunk when you are trying to cover up a bad odor....let's market it and call it:

Pizza Febreeze!:doughboy:

"put one in your trunk and it will no longer smell like a skunk"
:rolleyes:

it's just a thot, people!

I just heard Mark F tell Megan on Fox News that he had seen Caseys phone records via Lee and that a pizza was ordered from her phone after June 16. He didnt say from where and what the exact date was, but sometime right after the 16th.

I just heard Mark F tell Megan on Fox News that he had seen Caseys phone records via Lee and that a pizza was ordered from her phone after June 16. He didnt say from where and what the exact date was, but sometime right after the 16th.

I'd like to hear the story. If you find a video link, would you post it please? So much for my theory about uncooked pizza. Drat. And SusieQ won't let me borrow her car. What a morning.
S

I'm sure this has been gone over before, but to clarify, was the pizza uneaten when it was discovered?

Hi Tiffer,
I also read the MythBusters site. :puke:

Here's my question regarding the decomp scent: If that car stunk of decomp and if cadaver dogs hit on it also, why isn't that enough to officially call Casey Anthony a "suspect" instead of only a POI?
S

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back