Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the headlines.

So sorry, Hailey. You deserved so much better. May those responsible be brought to justice for taking your life...

The following missing person flyer has been removed
from the Laura Recovery Center website at:

http://www.lrcf.org

Name : Hailey Dunn
Sex : female
Address : Colorado City, Texas
Heading : MISSING
Resolution :
Law Enforcement reports that the remains found
in Scurry County on March 16 have been
identified as Hailey Dunn. Our hearts and
prayers are with those who love Hailey. Our
appreciation to all the amazing volunteers who
never gave up Hope!

For those who don't know ... where Hailey's remains were found used to be in Lake JB Thomas, but since there has been a drought in the area for the past few years, the lake started drying up from the edges.

When the remains were first found, I believed they were Hailey's because of the location and the absolute secrecy with which LE held information. They wouldn't say an approximate age or anything about the discovery. In addition, they sent the remains to a DNA lab for identification, and the complete testing took longer than just a dental record exam or match from clothes, etc. I think they wanted an airtight case that there could be no doubt the remains were Hailey's.

Colorado City is only 30 miles from Lake JB Thomas. IMO, Hailey's murderer drove out and dumped her body in Lake JB Thomas, thinking she would never be found. They thought the water would completely destroy her little body. What they didn't count on was the extended drought that continually lowered the water level until Hailey's remains ended up on dry land where they were eventually found.

Now the wheels of justice can begin to turn. A certain young man had means, motive, and opportunity to kill Hailey. With a body, the defense cannot claim she ran away. The drought brought us Hailey and the truth.

Ktxs devoted half their time to Hailey and her case. Went back over the timeline of events. They haven't posted any video links yet.

For those who don't know ... where Hailey's remains were found used to be in Lake JB Thomas, but since there has been a drought in the area for the past few years, the lake has started drying up from the edges.

When the remains were first found, I believed they were Hailey's because of the location and the absolute secrecy with which LE held information. They wouldn't say an approximate age or anything about the discovery. In addition, they sent the remains to a DNA lab for identification, and the complete testing took longer than just a dental record exam or match from clothes, etc. I think they wanted an airtight case that there could be no doubt the remains were Hailey's.

IMO, Hailey's murderer drove out and dumped her body in Lake JB Thomas, thinking she would never be found. They thought the water would completely destroy her little body. What they didn't count on was the extended drought that continually lowered the water level until Hailey's remains ended up on dry land where they were eventually found.

Colorado City is only 30 miles from Lake JB Thomas. Now the wheels of justice can begin to turn. A certain young man had means, motive, and opportunity to kill Hailey. With a body, the defense cannot claim she ran away. The drought brought us Hailey and the truth.

Her remains were not found close to the lake or where the lake was in December 2010. You can see on the map in my signature where they were found. Reports at the time from LE made it clear that they had nothing to do with the lake.

Do you have a link, or was this said live?

Sorry, no link. I'm not that techno savvy. I'm watching live tv. I have rewound three times to make sure that is accurate? I should have typed resolved it

Rest in peace Hailey Dunn. It is beyond unfair that you were taken from this world. :'(

images

If every tear we shed for you became a star above, you'd stroll in angel's garden lit by everlasting love.

RIP Dear Hailey

Sorry, no link. I'm not that techno savvy. I'm watching live tv. I have rewound three times to make sure that is accurate

Kirby, what do you think CJ meant by her comment? Was she crying? angry?

Her remains were not found close to the lake or where the lake was in December 2010. You can see on the map in my signature where they were found. Reports at the time from LE made it clear that they had nothing to do with the lake.

Hollye, I'm a little confused because I had read what you said previously. However, I just found this interview with the man who found the remains. Sounds like maybe it was right along the edge of the lake?

"I was just walking the lake bed or along the edge of the lake bed and noticed something that looked a little unusual as I walked over to it I recognized it to be human remains, specifically a skull... all of the upper skull was intact. There was, of course, no lower jaw," said Lloyd

http://www.ktxs.com/news/EXCLUSIVE-...ins/-/14769632/19629578/-/7741pa/-/index.html

Omg. I didn't know. I just saw the news. Omg. Rest in peace, Hailey, I'm so sorry!!!

I wasn't here when she first disappeared so I have read all her threads long after the fact. Oh gosh, I had no hope from the very beginning of my reading, but just to see "her remains have been found"... I just don't know.

Poor Hailey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member