Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
????? They couldn't have removed it? What is she talking about?

I'm very sorry. I am so upset. Connie jones said. I don't know what she did that was so bad that they couldn't have RESOLVED it

Sorry, no link. I'm not that techno savvy. I'm watching live tv. I have rewound three times to make sure that is accurate? I should have typed resolved it

Is Clint with her?

I'm very sorry. I am so upset. Connie jones said. I don't know what she did that was so bad that they couldn't have RESOLVED it

OK xoxo no problem. that makes sense now.

Kirby, what do you think CJ meant by her comment? Was she crying? angry?
I don't know what she meant. Yes she was crying. As a grandmother, I can't imagine saying anything like that about my grandchildren. It made me sick. Almost like hailey did something bad.

This is like Laci and Conner being dislodged by a storm and coming to shore .. an act of nature (or divine intervention) has uncovered Hailey ... RIP dear child, I trust justice is coming.

:rose:Sweet Hailey...May you now receive the Justice you have so truly deserved!:rose:

Her remains were not found close to the lake or where the lake was in December 2010. You can see on the map in my signature where they were found. Reports at the time from LE made it clear that they had nothing to do with the lake.

Hollye, with all due respect, you are wrong. Hailey's remains were found near the edge of Lake JB Thomas.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/EXCLUSIVE-...ins/-/14769632/19629578/-/7741pa/-/index.html

ABILENE. Texas -

Through a Freedom of Information request with the Scurry County Sheriff's Office, KTXS was able to track down the man who discovered human remains almost a month ago near Lake JB Thomas

Remains discovered in Scurry County identified as missing...

The man's name is Curtis Lloyd.

He told us he is the one who called the sheriff's office after he found the remains.

"I was just walking the lake bed or along the edge of the lake bed and noticed something that looked a little unusual as I walked over to it I recognized it to be human remains, specifically a skull... all of the upper skull was intact. There was, of course, no lower jaw," said Lloyd.

Lloyd was walking along the dried-up lake bed of Lake JB Thomas.

I just got word from the top, there won't be any ripping into anyone in this case. No one in the family is a named POI and we have to remember that please!

Thank you Kim. R.I.P baby girl. :(

I posted on another thread earlier.............

I'm glad Hailey has been located and can be properly put to rest. GB her little soul.

A great link to everything Hailey that KTXS has ever ran.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/Hailey-Dunn/-/19363272/-/73jfamz/-/index.html

As a side note....Lake JB Thomas probably covered that area 20 or 40 years ago. It's like our lake here in Aspermont, it's just a pond now but was once a real lake where people went fishing. It was not that big when Hailey went missing. Not just from 2 years of drought but from decades of drought.

Hailey Dunn was 13-years-old when her mother, 35-year-old Billie Jean Dunn, reported her missing on Dec. 28, 2010.

Such a long time. At least she can be buried. I do hope that LE is close to an arrest.

Is Clint with her?
No, she is being interviewed thru a car window. They just showed a bit more. She said. "I think it was Shawn Adkins. Just from the things Hailey told me. She didn't like him, she didn't trust him. She was afraid of him. It didn't appear anyone else in car except a dog, maybe

First off I can't believe it has been so long, and am so thankful that Hailey has been found and justice will be serve.

No, she is being interviewed thru a car window. They just showed a bit more. She said. "I think it was Shawn Adkins. Just from the things Hailey told me. She didn't like him, she didn't trust him. She was afraid of him. It didn't appear anyone else in car except a dog, maybe

Poor Connie, I hope she knew this in advance and didn't learn this from reporters.

Hollye, I'm a little confused because I had read what you said previously. However, I just found this interview with the man who found the remains. Sounds like maybe it was right along the edge of the lake?

Hmmm, interesting! I recall when the original reports came out, LE made it very clear that the discovery had nothing to do with the recession of the lake. The marker I have on the map is pretty accurate to where they were found. I wonder if they will clarify or if they will even report her cause of death. I don't know how far the lake went, but the remains were not far from a road that goes do a point on the lake, could the water have come up that far on the sides of that point?

KTXS reporter talked to Billie this afternoon. She was still in Austin. More at 6:00. It's 5:43 now

Hmmm, interesting! I recall when the original reports came out, LE made it very clear that the discovery had nothing to do with the recession of the lake. The marker I have on the map is pretty accurate to where they were found. I wonder if they will clarify or if they will even report her cause of death. I don't know how far the lake went, but the remains were not far from a road that goes do a point on the lake, could the water have come up that far on the sides of that point?

Yes, it did at one time. Please see the quote from the man who found her, Curtis Lloyd. He said he was walking in the "dried-up lake bed" when he found her.

Finally some closure, this rarely happens it seems with missing children cases. I can't wait to hear more info and if there is anything new. I hope the old posters like tehcloser and others come back to participate in discussion about this case again. We need to alert others and move this thread to the located forum.

Someone go wake tehcloser! Stuff ALWAYS happens when she naps.

She also said that she had a bad feeling this was Hailey when they first found the remains. In my opinion that is because Hailey was found near the backroad to Shawns mother or grandmother, can't remember which one lived out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member