Defense Motion to Add New Witnesses

bbm
I would ask those questions as well.

And the answer would be:

"We didn't know Judge Perry would allow in all that testimony about what Casey said. Now we need these experts to refute that testimony and/or explain why she said those things."

OMG. I'm starting to speak Baezese. Just shoot me now.

..according to judgeP's schedule---he doesn't think the thursday hearing will take that long.
..( of course who knows, if JB is doing the talking.)

JUDGE BELVIN PERRY, JR. / DIVISION 02
------------------- Schedule for Thursday, March 31, 2011 -------------------
10:00 am 45 min Case: 48-2008-CF-15606-O- Motion: MOTION CLARIFYING MOTION FOR LEAVE TO FILE ADDITIONAL WITNESSES
STATE OF FLORIDA

LINDA DRANE-BURDICK vs. CASEY MARIE ANTHONY

JOSE BAEZ AddOn

JUDGE BELVIN PERRY, JR. / DIVISION 02
------------------- Schedule for Friday, April 01, 2011 -------------------
8:30 am 8 hrs Case: 48-2008-CF-15606-O- Motion: MOTION HEARING
STATE OF FLORIDA

LINDA DRANE-BURDICK vs. CASEY MARIE ANTHONY

JOSE BAEZ

http://www.ninja9.org/jacsatt/attdocketframe.asp

Thanks Lauriej - do we know if ICA's attendance at the Thursday's hearing is required?

And the answer would be:

"We didn't know Judge Perry would allow in all that testimony about what Casey said. Now we need these experts to refute that testimony and/or explain why she said those things."

OMG. I'm starting to speak Baezese. Just shoot me now.

bbm
:therethere: have one of these :martini: instead and if that doesn't work a friendly and loving :slapfight: might stop that kind of language :hug:

PS I love the newest smilies :cheer:

My bet. The TES searcher and the Landscaper will be allowed.

Lewis and Condos are their to impeach or offer irrelevant and disallowed testimony regarding "prior bad acts" of other witnesses. This has already been covered in other motions. They will not be in.

Danzinger and Weitz could go either way. I am betting that one of the bigger determinants in HHJP's patience with it will hinge on whether or not reports regarding them showed up on his desk and the SA's by Monday. I think he is getting really pissed with all of the games and bad faith actions. If no reports, no witnesses.

This is not directed to you specifically faefrost,

Has the Defense stated Why or the Reason to add the Suburban Dr. Landscape Supervisor?
Are they going to use him to suggest the body wasn't there or that it did not smell?
Have they bombed out with TES searchers and finding someone to say the body was not placed in that location or that it was placed there after Casey was in jail or that the area was not under water?

Thanks Lauriej - do we know if ICA's attendance at the Thursday's hearing is required?

..i just skimmed the news articles from yesterday re: thursday's hearing, and it doesn't say .

..however------i thought it was if there is a motion being heard that she has to be present?

..and that she can only skip status conference hearings.

Has the Defense stated Why or the Reason to add the Suburban Dr. Landscape Supervisor?
Are they going to use him to suggest the body wasn't there or that it did not smell?
Have they bombed out with TES searchers and finding someone to say the body was not placed in that location or that it was placed there after Casey was in jail or that the area was not under water?

I think on the Landscaper they indicated that they had only just learned of him. And that he is the one individual that they could find who would have clearly observed the area over a period of time, having been on site for each landscape maintenance throughout the period in question. No idea what the defense is trying to elicit from him, or even if it will be useful to them. But I think HHJP will allow it since they offer a reasonable explanation as to why they are adding the witness late, and the witness does seem directly applicable to the area of the crime scene during the designated time period.

As far as the rest of the new witnesses? I still say probably not. The ones trying to claim GA assaulted them is exactly the same thing as the prior bad acts against RK nonsense, which HHJP has already disallowed.

Can someone explain how precisely Brady v Maryland applies in this case?

In that case, the Prosecution prosecuting Brady and Boblit withheld evidence not a Prosecutor (Lewis in this Motion) who was not involved in the case, who as Mason states MAY HAVE information.

Is this what Mason is basing the addition of ASA Lewis? Is he applying a broader meaning to that ruling?

Brady evidence also includes evidence material to credibility of a civilian witness, such as evidence of false statements by the witness or evidence that a witness was paid to act as an informant

I think on the Landscaper they indicated that they had only just learned of him. And that he is the one individual that they could find who would have clearly observed the area over a period of time, having been on site for each landscape maintenance throughout the period in question. No idea what the defense is trying to elicit from him, or even if it will be useful to them. But I think HHJP will allow it since they offer a reasonable explanation as to why they are adding the witness late, and the witness does seem directly applicable to the area of the crime scene during the designated time period.

As far as the rest of the new witnesses? I still say probably not. The ones trying to claim GA assaulted them is exactly the same thing as the prior bad acts against RK nonsense, which HHJP has already disallowed.

thanks for the reply faefrost.
Your explanation makes sense...Maybe JBP will allow him.

But in regards to the DT's explanation IMO :floorlaugh:
"They had only Just learned of him"? :floorlaugh:

IMO More like they just came up with another idea :idea: to keep their theory alive, that the area was not wet or that caylee's remains were not there.

:twocents:

Does this go back to Baez's priceless comment "they don't write reports"? I just cant see the judge letting them in at this late hour -- but could be wrong.

After all, the defense has had since 2008 to get their ducks in a row.

Sitting on hands until the ruling comes through!

Mel

Psychiatrists write copious notes and make voluminous written assessmens. Words are all they have. There's no blood test for sociopathy or schizoprenia or MRI to detect depression.If he doesn't have a written report then he didn't personally examine ICA. He's just there to speculate based on his assessments of others.
Here we go again with the ^&%^# reports.
No report = DCS is the biggest hypocrite on the planet IMO

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-ex...15/detail.html

Deposition Shows War Of Words In Casey Case

New depositions filed Wednesday in the case against Casey Anthony show the war of words at its worst between lawyers on both sides.

Excerpt:

"You should report me to the bar if you really think that," Ashton said.

"I think you're the only one that files bar complaints in this case," Baez responded.

Of the alleged coaching defense attorney Cheney Mason said, "It's inappropriate, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt."

"I don't need the benefit of anything you have to do for me," Ashton replied.

"Don't get out of line with me," Mason warned.

Look at who is talking about being "out of line".....jmo

Re the landscaper...IN Session producer said on a recent visit to the location where they found Caylee that she was surprised that the location is like a local dump, over run with plants and trash. So really....how many work days can he have possibly put in to testify to? Not trying to be snarky but I'd think a few pix of the lot could render his testimony useless.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-ex...15/detail.html

Deposition Shows War Of Words In Casey Case

New depositions filed Wednesday in the case against Casey Anthony show the war of words at its worst between lawyers on both sides.

Excerpt:

"You should report me to the bar if you really think that," Ashton said.

"I think you're the only one that files bar complaints in this case," Baez responded.

Of the alleged coaching defense attorney Cheney Mason said, "It's inappropriate, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt."

"I don't need the benefit of anything you have to do for me," Ashton replied.

"Don't get out of line with me," Mason warned.

Look at who is talking about being "out of line".....jmo

2nd BBM Yes, and the "Was it Jeff?" question CM asked re the nude dude with TM running on the beach. So petty and "out of line" as he calls it. I am just not understanding the snark which emanates from the DT. Reminds me of Grumpy Old Men. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back