Defense Team's Horrible Display Celebrating

In the courtroom Detective Yuri Melich stood and watched the defense team and Casey Anthony celebrate their victory, afterwards he sat down, head down as though the wind had been knocked out of him. Several officers who also worked the case and came to court today to hear the verdict were seen with tears in their eyes.

OMG, that's the saddest thing I've heard today, makes me realize there are people really hurting who this will effect for the rest of their lives, like those that were on their hands and knees picking up the pieces of Caylee out of a swampy dump site.

Shame we can only hear from talking head lawyers who go on about the system working....bet Yuri doesn't think the system worked. :(

DS's bad behavior started the second she hugged Casey in the courtroom. People were tugging at Casey and Dorothy wouldn't let her go. She was all hunched over her and hugging and holding and crying and patting and sobbing and she didn't do a DARN thing for Casey the entire time she was on the case! What a sickening display. At one point, while still in the courtroom, I swear to God she actually made a motion like a teenager would while screaming "SCORE!" at a hockey game, you know, pulled her arm in and lifted her leg a little. It was beyond ridiculous. And when Barrett first went to hug Casey in court, I swear she said (lip reading here) "I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" and grabbed Casey.

Casey immediately turned into popular party girl. Did you all watch her getting finger printed? She kept turning around to talk to her new friends while the officer was trying to FINGER PRINT HER!!!!!!!!!! FOR GOD'S SAKE!

I'm so sickened. I get why Baez is happy, and frankly he was the most controlled of all of them I thought (sans the gunshooting incident). Mason? I couldn't believe what he said in the press conference. I only wish somebody had queued up his OWN little talking head assessment of the situation from a year before he joined the team.

Michele Medina? God help you, little girl, if you ever have a child and Casey wants to meet her to say what a wonderful mama you are.

Lisbeth, I wish you luck in your career. Starting out by defending a child killer, brilliant start. Really. blah.

I really need to find more synonyms for sick.
This whole post says it all, to me. The bolded part is such an apt description and what I was thinking. It isn't just the partying it up in the bar. The defense team's drama in the courtroom was a bit much to bear, too.

Are you surprised? JB is as slimey as it gets. I would expect nothing less from him.

JB might have won his case but he is still slimey and as slippery as an eel. I have another name for him but can't put it here. I wonder if Mason HAD FUN!
Or does he have enough sense to know if he had fun or not! This is the attorney everyone said was masterfull?????? Couldn't prove it by me.

This whole post says it all, to me. The bolded part is such an apt description and what I was thinking. It isn't just the partying it up in the bar. The defense team's drama in the courtroom was a bit much to bear, too.

Did you see her grab the young defense attys arm and drag him over to where there wasn't such a crowd and wrap herself around him? I thought that she was going to drag him down on the courtroom floor.

In the courtroom Detective Yuri Melich stood and watched the defense team and Casey Anthony celebrate their victory, afterwards he sat down, head down as though the wind had been knocked out of him. Several officers who also worked the case and came to court today to hear the verdict were seen with tears in their eyes.

This is heartbreaking. I know I feel the legal system let everyone down. The LE involved must feel so disillusioned. It really is unbelievable and so sad. I hope they stay in their jobs and keep fighting for justice. I could understand just wanting to quit. I hope Ashton really was planning on retiring anyway, although, again, I could see why any of them (the good guys) would want to just walk away. It is a horrible day for justice.

The defense team were celebrating behind closed doors at a restaurant they frequented throughout the trial. The media followed them & filmed them, peeping tom style, through a window at the restaurant.

On the subject of class, or lack thereof, Jeff Ashton did little to help the pros case by snickering and laughing throughout Baez's closing argument. Seems if Caylee had been foremost in JA's mind he would have realized the inappropriateness of HIS behavior.

Could someone post the name of the restaurant?I may have leave a review on Angie's

List.

How much is a child worth? Clearly from the opinions stated by the alternate juror who feels the family is so dysfunctional that you can't believe anybody decided that her life was worth 0 consideration because the jurors barely spent the time deliberating that this small child spent in the trunk of her mother's car decomposing. Never asked to see the carpet on which her small body laid to see if there was in fact a stain.

There are a lot of people who will have to live with this decision not just those jurors. jmo

They won, of course they are.

They go for champagne right after Jose Baez goes on national tv and tells us "there are no winners" because a 2 year old is dead. Get real. They are all in this for fortune and glory. Makes me wonder how things got to this point in our society.

I think CM showing us his "fickle finger of fate" through the glass window of the restaurant which is accessible to the public does not constitute a "peeping tom".

As for the laugh/smiling, whatever, it was inappropriate for either side to have done this and CM did it far more often than JA ever did. However I did not hear SA whining about CM making faces. Funny how CM could never hear and all of a sudden he was hearing just fine. Amazing, or a new hearing aid. jmo

I know they dont care even a little bit BUT the actions of those idiots on the DT are THE reason that most people hate lawyers ! It brings a not so steller reputation (deserved or not)of ALL lawyers down a whole bunch more than just a little bit .

I dunno about anyone else but I honestly felt like I was looking at a group of people who'd sold their souls to the Devil therefore it didnt matter how they acted

I try really hard not to swear with my 3yr old Grandson living with us , but when that imbecile CM made his smug, pompous,self righteous, holier than thou shpiel after the trial the words blurted out before I even had time to think. "Ohh F*&@ U Mason!"

This whole slimy bunch is just truly.....

Too bad they didn't wait until Thursday night...Casey could be dancing on the tables with some other <mod snip> and they could all "enjoy" her...if you know what I mean.

Sickening!

KC: "You had champagne without meeeeeeeee!"

Did you see her grab the young defense attys arm and drag him over to where there wasn't such a crowd and wrap herself around him? I thought that she was going to drag him down on the courtroom floor.
I saw her motioning toward a handsome guy that had walked up, but I didn't see what else transpired. Unbelievable. (But, then again, I guess it's silly of me to be shocked about inappropriate behavior in a court of law (or anywhere else) from someone capable of murdering a child.)

The problem is JB now thinks he's a great lawyer cos "he" won!

Celebrating like that at a public restaurant, especially one so close to the courthouse where they knew crowds were gathered and many truly upset by the verdict, was not only insensitive to the people of Orlando, but it was a blatant and intentional attempt on their part to further enrage the public. I hope they don't make that same mistake when Casey is released Thursday because they just may get what they wish for. There are some volitile people out there, sadly just ask Gabrielle Gifford.

The defense team were celebrating behind closed doors at a restaurant they frequented throughout the trial. The media followed them & filmed them, peeping tom style, through a window at the restaurant.

On the subject of class, or lack thereof, Jeff Ashton did little to help the pros case by snickering and laughing throughout Baez's closing argument. Seems if Caylee had been foremost in JA's mind he would have realized the inappropriateness of HIS behavior.

Peeping in a public restaurant? :floorlaugh: Geraldo, is that you?

What.A.Total.Whackjob.

Beyond JB and his interns smiling and quietly weeping today, beyond AndreaL's past antics that drive me so nuts, beyond LKB wanting to "educate" a sitting judge...is the looniness of this guy, CM, and DCS, who was crying to the point of shaking and jumping around like she forgot she had a juris doctorate. I can understand ego and puffed chests, or the being moved to weep-but middle fingers and buckwild school girl behavior are just bizarre. Even KC did not act like DCS. CM gives me the feeling he would kick the crutches out from beneath a small child if it got in his path. Yikes!

I know. DS was all flushed as if she'd just gotten off of a wild ride at the rodeo. Yuck

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back