Defense to examine the Sunfire this a.m.

I feel sorry for the Orange County Sheriff's crime scene technician that has to move the vehicle after it is inspected.......ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I feel sorry for the Orange County Sheriff's crime scene technician that has to move the vehicle after it is inspected.......ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Ewwwwww .. is right ..

gtssmiley6.gif

If i were defending my life, I would want one of the leaders in their field. They become celebreties because of their knowledge.

And they become "hired guns" because of their reputation. Very few stay completely objective.

I would prefer someone who was representing me to be honest, rather than having someone who will say anything under oath to try and persuade a jury. Of course, I've not killed anyone, either. I guess a killer does need the former if they have any hope of getting away with it. And that is where those of Henry Lee's caliber, come into play.

I could list a handful of experts who I would want on my side, but I'm not about to do that on this board. Jose' can do his own research as far as I'm concerned. I make no presumptions that he comes here looking for any help, but at the same time, on the off chance that he does, I'm not going to be one who simply hands it to him, either.

Every time I think Baez couldn't get any more idiotic, he proves me wrong. While his uninformed opinion of Dr. Henry Lee may be a favorable one, that's far from the truth.

He will be forever known as the guy who spit ketchup in the Michael Peterson case (MP found guilty of course).

He will forever be known for the expert that Mark Geragos dared not put on the stand during the Scott Peterson trial (SP found guilty).

Ultimately however, he will FOREVER be known as the man who thinks it's A-OK to collect forensic samples on a POST IT note. Alan Jackson brought him down 1000 pegs during the 1st the Spector trial. He even sent away for the good Dr. Henry Lee's transcripts and it seems, MANY of the degrees Henry Lee holds are honorary. Nothing wrong with that really, UNLESS, he truly doesn't hold the qualifications that he's claimed to hold all these years. Take a look at when he received his degrees. It's downright impossible for him to have gotten his Ph.D in the timeframe that he claims (1 year?).

Let's not even mention the fact that he destroyed evidence in the Phil Spector case. He of course, fled to China to try and get out of testifying. Old Judge Fidler however, decided to wait it out.

IMO, Henry Lee should go into retirement. He could definitely make a great living though. He could be the spokesman for the Post-It company, OR, he could become the spokesman for the Heinz Company. Then again, he just might prefer Hunts.

I'd also add, if I were involved in ANY capacity of JFK assassination (and I know Lee came in many years later for the reconstruction), I certainly wouldn't want it on my resume.

Lest we not forget the O.J. testiMONEY, either.

I agree! People interested in seeing Dr. Lee at work should watch the Michael Peterson documentary The Staircase. I haven't seen it in awhile, but the jury consultation scenes with Dr. Lee really made me question his credibility.

I am concerned because Dr. Lee is part of this case.

More than ever this is becoming like a sports event with people building teams. The "defend-Casey-at-any-cost" just hired their Manning quarterback.

I think the entertainment and personalities more often than not ARE effective evidence detractors. I hate it...

I'm not an expert, but a neighbor, an elderly man here in SoCal died in his house, alone, and no one saw him walking his dogs for some time and ended up finding him in his house about 10 days after he died. From what the realtor who sold the house said, the entire floor had to be ripped up to get out the smell and they still, a year later, can't get the house appraised for what's it would normally be worth. I doubt the smell goes away so easily.

Maybe it depends on how you die...?
My x brother in law died in his house and was not found
for 7 days.
He laid on the floor and yes even had leakage on the floor
but they didn't have to do anything like that.
There was no "death smell" left.
JMO

I like Dr. Lee. His particular expertise is blood drops, spatter, pooling etc. He pretty much wrote the book on blood scenes. I remember one case in which he was involved where the wife disappeared and there were many puzzling issues about her disappearance, one being a stain of blood in front of the garage door.

Lee looked at photos of the house, noticed a missing window shade that no one else had thought important and concluded that the wife was wrapped in the shade and slid out of the window to the ground, exactly where the blood stain was located. IIRC the shade was found with the body.

Lee testified at one of the most famous cases here where 2 men were on trial for killing the wife of one of them. They both admitted being in the house the night she died, but neither would confess nor rat out the other. Lee unscrambled the blood patterns of the house and the spatter on the shirts, pants, walls, ceilings, doors, etc., and determined that both men had taken swings at the wife's head with a baseball bat. Neither would confess, both went to jail for life.

If someone testifies in hundreds of trials, there will be something in the past that went wrong and will be used to impeach the expert. No one is right 100% of the time.

He wasn't called to the stand for SP because he couldn't help SP with his testimony. It is that simple. What Lee had to say would have helped to convict SP.

If I had to hire an expert, I would not hesitate to call upon Lee. It doesn't matter who is paying for his services, which are probably between $5K-$10K - depending on the time he spends on the case but unless KC has been declared an indigent, the State is not paying for his services.

I am guessing that Lee doesn't want Baez with him during the examination of the car to avoid any appearance of tampering, because I can not imagine representing KC and NOT seeing that car for myself.

The significance of an overwhelming odor of decomposition will not be lost on Dr Lee.

He will be looking for evidence to help identify whose body caused the odor in the car. Maybe he’ll find something, maybe he won’t. But if Nieves’ description of the “horrible” smell is accurate, Dr Lee is unlikely to conclude that no dead body was in there.

Casey's only hope is that Dr Lee finds something that either proves it wasn't Caylee's body (bringing up the question of why her mother would tool around Orlando breathing in the stench of death), or that he finds something to implicate someone else as being involved in Caylee's death.

If he finds nothing, Casey is no better off than she is today.

But if someone else was involved, there must be a couple of very sweaty palms out there today.

Who are you talking about when you say "celebrity"?

Umm Kobe, Dr. Lee. I guess Dr. G wasn't available?

definition of celebrity: famous person.

Kobe, famous NG media talking head.
Dr. Lee obviously famous, he had his own show.
Dr. G: famous, has her own show.

I tried to make that as clear as I possibly could.

If i were defending my life, I would want one of the leaders in their field. They become celebreties because of their knowledge.

I would have to disagree. Being on NG doesn't make one a leader in their field. From what I have read, Dr.Lee will be easily discredited as well. If they are relying on "household names" to defend their client by discrediting evidence against her, then one would have to conclude they have absolutely no evidence to present in her favor.

I would have to disagree. Being on NG doesn't make one a leader in their field. From what I have read, Dr.Lee will be easily discredited as well. If they are relying on "household names" to defend their client by discrediting evidence against her, then one would have to conclude they have absolutely no evidence to present in her favor.
If I was guilty of a crime, I wouldn't want Dr Lee poking around in the evidence.

On the other hand, if I was innocent of a crime, I'd be happy to have him checking into every speck of trace evidence.

http://www.drhenrylee.com/about/

are you forgeting the citations for "mother of the year" when we hear that testimony?? :eek:
moo

Question for the Legal Experts:

If Dr. Lee was hired by the defense and finds nothing the defense can use in court, can he be called as a witness by the prosecution? Not saying he would... just could he???

TIA

I am concerned because Dr. Lee is part of this case.

More than ever this is becoming like a sports event with people building teams. The "defend-Casey-at-any-cost" just hired their Manning quarterback.

I think the entertainment and personalities more often than not ARE effective evidence detractors. I hate it...

that is what always worries me about these cases...they use lines like "search for the truth" but then cover it up with anything else that flies...then they go back to "search for justice" --- sadly I feel at times justice=lies or detractors....
agree with you totally...I also wish that anyone who claims to know anything of substance would have to tell..I'm tired of hearing of a "day in court" to find out what happened to a precious baby girl...
jmo

Would be nice BUT Lee screwed up the OJ forensics - so I'm not holding out to much for Lee

He royally screwed up at the Michael Peterson trial in Durham NC about 5 years ago. Spit ketchup all over the place trying to demonstrate blood spatter. It was no help at all and the guy was rightfully convicted. He's just a hired "expert."

If Dr. Lee is paid not to find decomp, Dr. Lee will not find decomp. IMO

Well, Casey has a lawyer on the team that has death penalty experience, all his clients are on death row - Baez has no experience with this kind of case, as we all know - and they line up Dr. Lee - This trial will be very interesting! LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back