Defense wants prosecutor Jeff Ashton held in contempt

Huh. Doesnt JB have something else he is working on? Perhaps he was trumped for the book he has to be writing about all of this. I mean, I am assuming he is penning a tell-all.

My head exploded when I read about this. Seriously? And I did read in Jeff's book that the Judge said he could write from his notes and recollection. Why all the sour grapes when that woman walked away from it all? The bird-flippin Mr. Mason is way out of line, imo

Huh. Doesnt JB have something else he is working on? Perhaps he was trumped for the book he has to be writing about all of this. I mean, I am assuming he is penning a tell-all.

Cheney Mason filed the motion

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1945078.story

In the latest motion, Mason acknowledged that he hasn't read Ashton's book, but references a motion filed by the Orlando Sentinel earlier this week, in which the news organization seeks to unseal those two key depositions.

Carried over from the Sidebar thread

This just cracks me up because I know he got to JB and OCA. :floorlaugh:

@adamlongo
Adam Longo
BREAKING5: Ashton told me when I interviewed him that the Judge said it was ok to discuss "recollections and notes" from psych deposition.

Here is the link of the Q&A interview between Jeff Ashton and Adam Longo

Former Casey Anthony prosecutor Jeff Ashton answers your questions

How is it acceptable to discuss Casey's psychological report without sanctions?
The answer begins at the 1:00 min mark

http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=...htonFull1116.flv&vtitle=Jeff Ashton Interview

Jeff Ashton states that Judge Perry sealed the depos of the Dr's in the Pre-trial hearing because of the sensational nature of the allegations and that Judge Perry made it clear to them that their recollection, their notes of the reports and the depositions of the Dr's were not sealed or restricted in any way.
Jeff made it clear in his book that what he wrote about in the book were from his recollection and his notes because the depositions of the psych Dr. are still sealed, he respected the Judge's order and was carefully not to "fun afoul" of them.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/CASEY-ASHTON-CONTEMPT-1222.pdf

judge111.png

I cannot wait for this . . . I think Mason's running down a rabbit hole & should retire NOW. He should leave his profession with a little credibility (IMHO, of course)

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/december/361226?cmpid=twitter

Casey Anthony's attorneys take on prosecutor Jeff Ashton and his book

I get it now, they're p!ssed that they aren't making money off of that woman like they thought they would.

from link:
In the motion, Anthony's defense says Ashton violated the court's order "strictly for profit." The motion also says the "continued dissemination of Mr. Ashton's book is an ongoing violation of the Court's order."

Could it be that housing the cash cow are not panning out financially for JB & Co.?

I want Ashton to SO profit on his book! What he does with it is his business, but I would hope he's use it wisely & share it.

"our recollections & notes of the reports are NOT sealed or restricted in any way" therefore, SA was able to discuss with George & Cindy about the DTs theories prior to OS.

"run afoul with them" (I guess his notes/recollections)

"running for State's Attorney?"

from his interview with News 13

Thank you for the correction to my attribution. Apparently Mr Mason has more time on his hands...just kidding. It is kind of hard not to see this as sour grapes on his part-unfortunate given their win and Mr. Mason's prior solid career. At least IMO.

Thank you for the correction to my attribution. Apparently Mr Mason has more time on his hands...just kidding. It is kind of hard not to see this as sour grapes on his part-unfortunate given their win and Mr. Mason's prior solid career. At least IMO.

He (Mason) and Lizbeth should have read the book first :floorlaugh:

This is the BEST gift ever to me!

Yep, I can hear the entire defense team and OCA whining in my head. "WE were supposed to make money, not HIM! It's not FAIR!"

I bet Ashton is laughing his head off about this right now...talk about the sorest winners I have EVER known...

I hope Judge Perry revisits things that the defense should have been put into contempt for, sheesh! I can actually hear Judge Perry saying, "Mr. Mason, do you really want to go there? How many times did I not put the defense in contempt?" (Well, I wish he'd say that, but he probably won't).

Mr. Ashton strikes me as a multi-tasker; perhaps after he and his attorneys kick the DT's hiney, he can then run right across the street and host yet another standing room only, received to resounding applause, Imperfect Justice book signing. Its a win-win situation.

This would also give Chaney Mason a chance to finally get around to reading Mr. Ashton's book, and get a personalized autographed copy to boot!

p.s. I just bet OCA, the veteran event planner, would have thought of this first, that is if she was not so busy reflecting.

Anthony's defense says Ashton violated the court's order "strictly for profit."

I know that there was a motion for the DT not to profit from the case, but all parties ? don't know (going to sleuth)

Anthony's defense says Ashton violated the court's order "strictly for profit."

I know that there was a motion for the DT not to profit from the case, but all parties ? don't know (going to sleuth)

I haven't heard of that motion, but Jeff Ashton retired from being a prosecutor. He can write a book if he wants to and make money off of it, though I don't think he did this strictly for money. This is just defense BS whining at it's finest. They got stuck with a dud while Ashton is on top of the world, and they can't stand it.

Could be that Mr. Mason's hit a brick wall in terms of writing his own book. Maybe he just needs more "juicy" material. Afterall, watching over KC can't be all that interesting now. jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back