Delay revealed-Motion to determine competency filed by defense

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by JBean, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Tipstaff

Tipstaff New Member

Interesting that none of the Doctors who did an evaluation on ICA were women. Wonder how ICA's behavior would have been with them.

2. PaperTigers

PaperTigers New Member

She doesn`t seem to have any issue with the female attorneys on her team though! I think she just hates LDB because uhh... she wants KC to die for her crime.

3. AvalonBlue

AvalonBlue Member

ITA!

I was just flat out amazed to hear NG's comments about the venomous look on ICA's face when she was so angry with JB.

NG said something to the effect of how ugly ICA looked and wondered "if she ever looks in the mirror" and sees what that face looks like on her. Meanwhile, I'm cracking up over all the horrendous faces NG makes and how ugly she looks when she does that!

Pot calling Kettle???

:floorlaugh:

4. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

Any time her mental health question she gets edgy. This has happened before. Remember when af mentioned it for her mediation way back when

5. downport

downport Member

You are so correct ^^. LDB will bring out the defendants seething anger at being in her predicament. Woman like her do not interact well accomplished, sucessful, profesional woman like LDB. It would be fine though if Aston did the last re-cross. I think by that point the jury would welcome her being mocked & yelled at.
    Either way, it sure is going to be interesting.

6. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

Lol, on The Today Show right now they said KC told counsel she is having mental problems, that is the reason for the eval. I don't know if that is true, but it sure makes sense.

7. LiveLaughLuv

LiveLaughLuv New Member

In the motion it states:

I'm wondering if ICA changed her story once again. After Baez' sleazy, vile OS, accussing her father and brother of sexual abuse, although, LA didn't go quite as far, I'm thinking after LA testified, showed his hurt and regret for not being a better uncle to Caylee....she might have said, hands off the sexual abuse for the DT never confronted LA about the sexual abuse while he testified. Or, in her ususal form, she added another tale in the mix and the DT sees how irrational she thinks??? I wish I was that fly on the wall for something had the DT running in circles to find out if ICA is truly competent to finish this trial. If she's insisting on taking the stand, they want to make sure she understands the pitfalls of doing so against this fine team of prosecutors. Mack trunk heading her way?

Or, if the state offered her aggravated manslaughter, nixed it, the DT might have strongly suggested she should take it and run. But in ICA's glory, she's insisting she had nothing to do with Caylee's demise, put me on the stand. I know I can get that jury to believe me...and the DT knows, she can't keep a story straight and it would be suicide to attempt it which would give the jury the ammunition needed to all vote for death. The DT might see this would be a loose, loose proposition and getting it on paper (motion) to save their butts on appeal...either way, the public now knows ICA is competent to proceed in her own defense, so it appears she's just cold blooded, cold heartedly evil and is taking great pleasure in destroying her family more than she has destroyed them already...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

8. Mare10

Mare10 Member

If she was having mental problems as a lot of TH's are saying. One TH (I forget which one) said who could blame her for having to sit through all of this testimony and it may have brought this on. I have a question, does ICA have to be present or can they continue without her in the courtroom?

I personally think that ICA may have said to the DT something outlandish. Maybe accusing someone of inappropriate behavior, telling them to call Zanny to the stand or even just going back to one of her zillion lies as fact, when they all know exactly what it was. This would scare the DT silly, if she is insisting on taking the stand. The fact that she is "not right" does not make her incompetent to stand trial and this could have been a desperate cry from the DT before she testifies. But the fact is, she knows what she did and she understands what is happening. She thinks she is smarter and that she can lie and continue to get away with it. I think CA's testimony proved that to her (in her own mind that is).

9. DEPUTYDAWG

DEPUTYDAWG Active Member

I personally LOVE the idea of her knowing her DT think she's not the great paralegal gal she aspires to be, LOL. Her JB and CM think she's "off?" Oh how I love it. :great: You just KNOW she's thinking, "who do they think they are?!?!?!"

....If it wasn't all a ploy that she was in on, of course. One never knows with them. Since when did our legal system become a great theatrical performance, trying to come up with the greatest zinger at the end? Grrrrrr.

JMO.

10. Black Magic Woman

Black Magic Woman Member

I must have been tuned out when the jailhouse letters became available. Anyone have a link please?

11. GeekyGirl

GeekyGirl I rock at Trivial Pursuit, just don't ask me where

I actually think she's okay with the female attorneys on her team because she feels they work for her, which in her mind, gives her control of them. MOO

12. crucibelle

crucibelle Pisces

I think Mason wanted this evaluation of her, because of that angry fit she pitched on Friday. The one that has the video going around where she grits her teeth & looks as if she wants to kill Baez. Bill S. from WFTV said it might be that she wants to testify against her lawyer's advice (which I know has been mentioned already). I'd LOVE to see her torn up by the State, because that is exactly what would happen during cross. I haven't been able to watch all of yesterday's court proceedings (trying to get caught up now) because I woke up yesterday morning to a dead LCD monitor.. just a black screen. Wasn't able to get a new one till this morning.. arghhh!!! :(

13. PaperTigers

PaperTigers New Member

I saw that now infamous clip of her bearing her teeth, and I have to say, not that I am supporting her, but can a girl express her anger without being labeled "demonic," "insane," "evil," "crazy"? This really feeds into the societal norm that women shouldn't express their feelings, especially so-called "negative" ones in public because it isn't lady-like, polite, etc.

In my opinion, all that looked like to me was her letting off some steam because she was frustrated. If that same expression had occurred on someone else I don't know if it would've been labelled the same way it's been labelled here.

14. Wholehearted

Wholehearted New Member

Respectfully, I don't think that this particular conversation about Casey's expression of anger is related to the societal suppression of women's expression of anger. I for one am interested in Casey's expression of anger because I feel that it is likely that she murdered Caylee in a moment of anger. I am also interested in this specific expression of anger manifested in the courtroom because it appears to have been beyond that typically considered appropriate for anyone, male or female, in that setting. And that display of inappropriate behavior may be related to the competency hearing and evaluations.

I definitely think there are interesting conversations that can be had about societal expectations for women's behavior and how we view Casey, but for me, this moment wasn't one of them.

15. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Nope, it's not about being misogynistic. It wasn't just anger at her attorneys she was expressing through her facial expressions. It was pure-inappropriate to a courtroom setting-rage on her face, and I'd be commenting on it even if she was Ted Bundy. Gender has no place in this particular discussion- and I'm a feminist!!!

16. Wysteria

Wysteria Member

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet another ploy to delay, I agree.

Yes, Andrea suffered from PPP, just like my mother. My abbreviated story is buried somewhere within these threads.

ICA, is competent to stand trial, she does not suffer in any way shape or form from a serious mental disease.

I thank you for making this distinction.

17. leighg

leighg New Member

I think that CM asked for the competency hearing because he told ICA that he felt he should take over as lead for JB-since he was messing up all of the their CICand she declined. He knew then that she had some kind of imbalance-IMO :floorlaugh: