Dell Recall - Lithium Ion Battery

Discussion in 'Food, Drug & Product Recalls National & Internatio' started by SieSie, Aug 16, 2006.

1. SieSie

SieSie Active Member

More at links, didn't want to copy too much due to copyright rules.

2. Loading...

3. BarnGoddess

BarnGoddess Former Member

I'll have to check my battery. I have a Dell Inspiron 1100, but my battery went bad. I did buy an extended policy and they came to my house and replaced the fan. The tech told me that batteries aren't under warranty. I have been using it without the battery by using electrical power, but I was going to order a new battery real soon.

I had heard briefly about a recall, but not the details. Thank you for posting this. I'll get my battery out when I get home and check to see if it's on the list.

Just checked, darn, I'll have to buy one. Can't get one free........

4. californiacarrie

californiacarrie New Member

Barn Goddess - did you ever talk with Dell? I also have a 1100 as well as a 2500 which don't appear on the list but my 1100 runs real hot so I was curious if there was a connection.

5. Jacobi

Jacobi New Member

Joining Dell in recalling notebook batteries are Lenovo/IBM, Apple, Toshiba and Fujitsu.

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has released tips on how to lower the risk of your battery exploding:

Notebook tips

One of the tips was "Do not use your computer on soft surfaces", and another "Do not use your computer on your lap". I have a dell laptop but I can't use it on my lap and I can't have it on my bed at night? pfft. I guess that's why they renamed them 'notebooks'.