Found Deceased Va - Denise Martin, 22, Virginia Beach, 19 June 2018

Knox

Reaction score
Family and friends are also organizing in the Red Mill area of Virginia Beach to look for Martin.

A family friend posted on Facebook with what he says are pictures of Martin and said her phone and car were left at her home along with her wallet.

If you have any information that can help police call 757-385-4141.
Virginia Beach Police searching for 22-year-old woman

Attachments

• 29066937_2001769303184536_899971484473098240_n.jpg
    29066937_2001769303184536_899971484473098240_n.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Virginia Beach police said there may be a concern for her safety, but there is no suspicion of foul play at this point. They stressed that it is still very early in the investigation.

Martin had just moved back to the area and was living with her family after graduating from Longwood University, where she was studying theater arts, said Hayden Schwarting, a high school friend. Schwarting said Martin has a big sun tattoo on her left collarbone, and is roughly 5 foot 3. She has long brown hair and blue eyes.

James Conley, who was in theater with Martin at Floyd E. Kellam High School, said he was with a group of six people looking for her until about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, searching throughout the Sandbridge, Oceanfront, Shore Drive, Red Mill and First Colonial areas.

Miriam Loya, who was Martin’s roommate at Longwood for two years, said she wants people to share Martin’s “picture as much as possible.” A search party is meeting at 4 p.m. at 904 Infanta Circle, which is near Hell's Point Golf Club, Loya said. The plan is to split up into groups, and she asked people to bring water and walkie talkies, if they're able.

Martin is without her phone and wallet, and her car is still at her house, Schwarting said.
22-year-old Virginia Beach woman reported missing

One of her friends made a comment asking anyone who has any information about her whereabouts to contact him directly because her parents are pretty stressed out?

That could suggest that she was arguing with her parents, maybe?

Yikes. I hope she comes home soon--it's been more than 24 hours now. No phone; no wallet; no vehicle.

One of her friends made a comment asking anyone who has any information about her whereabouts to contact him directly because her parents are pretty stressed out?

That could suggest that she was arguing with her parents, maybe?

Yikes. I hope she comes home soon--it's been more than 24 hours now. No phone; no wallet; no vehicle.

That seems very odd. If I was the parent I would want to be contacted directly, not her male friend. Interesting.

If anyone has any information regarding the search, please contact either Loya via Facebook or Twitter or the VA Beach police department via 757-385-4141.

A search party will be conducted June 20, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. at 904 Infanta Circle, Virginia Beach, VA, according to Loya.

"The family has chosen not to release a statement at this time," Loya told The Rotunda.

Follow The Rotunda for future updates on Denise’s whereabouts.
Virginia Beach searches for 22 year old Longwood Alumni Denise Martin

MISSING PERSON: DENISE MARTIN
THERE WILL BE A SEARCH PARTY: Meeting at 4:00 at 904 infanta circle

Bring walkie talkies and water.

Info about Denise:

22 y/o, 5’3” 160lbs
Medium length brown hair, oval black glasses
Tattoo of a sun on upper left chest

LAST SEEN 7/8AM YESTERDAY IN NORTHERN RED MILL FARMS IN VA BEACH

Fliers will be printed and handed out.

When looking, be sure to sign in and do the buddy system- never looking alone. We’ll be assigning different locations for people to search for her so it won’t be all by foot. People w cars and lots of room in them would be helpful.

PLEASE SHARE!!!

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

I'm not sure what's okay to post as I'm not a verified insider. No problems with her boyfriend--he's a fantastic kid who drove down from his summer internship in Ohio to look for her. He's tweeting updates under #BringDeniseHome. It's definitely out of character. I'm hoping she just needed some time alone and decided to hike out to the beach and didn't bring her phone because she didn't want to be tracked.

A FB friend posted that "we can't find her glasses. so she's probably wearing them..."
Denise appears to have lots of friends who are worried....a lot have her missing poster as their profile.
Much hope there's an explanation and that this lovely young woman is found safely...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back