GUILTY Denmark - Kim Wall, 30, Copenhagen, 10 Aug 2017

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by FrostOwl, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaZara

ZaZara AstraZaZara

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41037295

Danish prosecutors plan to charge inventor Peter Madsen with the murder of Swedish journalist Kim Wall, reports say.

[ He ] was initially charged with negligent manslaughter.

Prosecutors are expected to ask for the new charges when Mr Madsen appears in court in early September.

BBM

2. TheDane

TheDane New Member

I sincerely hope that the rest of her remains will be found very soon. I know searches went on yesterday, are they still searching today? EDIT: The search is still going on today!

I can't fathom the nightmare her family and loved ones are going through right now, and I hope they will be able to get some kind of closure.

3. ZaZara

ZaZara AstraZaZara

Been thinking about this a bit. IMHO as a fifteen-year old Madsen might have read about what happened to Kazuko Toyonaga in the papers, or heard about it on a radio and tv.

Kazuko Toyonaga's remains were wrapped in plastic, which caused them to float. Madsen clearly wanted to prevent floating and used his knowledge of submarines to achieve this.

4. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Just popping on to see if this new investigation is being discussed here, or if there is a dedicated thread for this case?
    http://news.sky.com/story/kim-walls...vestigators-to-reopen-1986-cold-case-11003114
    rbbm

5. ZaZara

ZaZara AstraZaZara

The death of Kazuko Toyonaga has been mentioned in this thread. Since the case is cold, most of the info dates from 1986 and is either in Danish or in Japanese. I found some info in German too. But that is about it. Currently the media don't have any new info.

I guess we'll learn more about Kazuko Toyonaga as the tragedy surrounding Kim Wall unfolds. But if LE decides that there is no link IMHO that will be the end of it.

6. Logical_Inference

Logical_Inference Member

Copenhagen police press message right now:

Translated via Google translate...:
    Following a notification from a civilian citizen, Swedish Police today has secured the northern part of the waters at Falsterbo, which may be a body part.

Search for the water is currently underway. There will be technical studies in Sweden in the field of finding, but it is still too early to say whether the findings can be related to the Danish investigation ifm. Kim Wall.

The Copenhagen Police have pt. No further information.

Possibly. News in the case will be communicated via Twitter.

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/dk/koeben...del-ud-for-falsterbo-i-svensk-farvand-2121319 (Its unfortunately in danish)

7. FrostOwl

FrostOwl -

8. FrostOwl

FrostOwl -

Maybe he wasn't that geeky, there is an article i a Swedish newspaper about his wild life with partying and strippers, so he might have had some contact with gangsters. Unfortunately the article is behind a pay wall so I haven't read it.
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/OMrxl/peter-madsens-vilda-liv/promo

9. TheDane

TheDane New Member

The police now says that it wasn't body parts found today.

10. SATA

SATA Active Member

Glad to find this thread.
    I live in Denmark and actually know this man. I have been following his (former) rocket project, because his then working partner is married to a friend/collegue of mine.
    We are all in shock over this, have no words really! Peter Madsen is an oddball for sure, but THIS!

11. SATA

SATA Active Member

Hi, thanks for your post.
    I live in Denmark too, and I happen to peripherally
    know Peter Madsen.
    I know him through friends (who have talked a lot about him, also prior to all this!)
    I write in red to make this post clearer, I will address some of your ponits. :)

I think he is 46.

I hope we can talk again. :)

12. gia2

gia2 Member

RIP Kim. It is incomprehensible that such a thing could have happened. I feel deeply for her loved ones to know such awful things happened to her body. I hope they can find more so she can be laid to rest more completely for their sake.

13. SATA

SATA Active Member

He is a geek - but he also has/had a wild sex life and quite many women. He is married, but in an "open marriage".
    I know about him that he would grab his whip, put it on the back of his old bicycle and cycle down to some swinger club, which I used to find hilarious - but not so much now.

He is into the fetish scene in Copenhagen, which made me wonder (and not sure I even like saying this), because Kim Wall, among many other things, wrote about fetishism.

14. SATA

SATA Active Member

It is quick, they must have gotten something on him from the start.

I think a combination of his statement and some physical evidence.

15. ZaZara

ZaZara AstraZaZara

That does not sound like the frustrated type who harbours some secret grudge and has to lure women to his place.

I read an interview in the Aftonbladet and the woman who knows him well, says something similar:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/KwzMy

The 39-year-old Deirdre King has known Peter Madsen for 14 years. She is convinced that Madsen speaks the truth.

"I have worked with him and for some time we also had a relationship. I know him very well," she says to Aftonbladet.

Deirdre King would have gone out with the submarine Nautilus together with Madsen on Friday, the same week when he and Kim Wall were reported missing.

"I immediately understood that something was wrong. There must have been a terrible accident and it has come to a situation where he was afraid and did not know what he would do," she says, continuing.

Deirdre King has been on the submarine Nautilus several times.
    "There are several places on the boat where you can fall and hurt yourself badly."

She describes inventor Peter Madsen as a very special person. A man who has lived for his projects, such as the submarine and the rocket he also worked on.

"Sure, he can get annoyed and scream, but he's absolutely no killer. He could not hurt anyone else. I have seen him pressed and angry on several occasions," says Deirdre King.

According to Deirdre King, Peter Madsen is a "flirt" and has always found it easy easy to meet with women. "He would never use force against or violate any woman. I have met several women with whom he was involved, and there has never been anyone who even said something like that."

What Deirdre King can not understand is why Peter Madsen dumped the body into the ocean and lowered the submarine.
    "He would not have done that, of course he would have gone back straight and told what had happened. That he has done that this way has damaged his credibility," she says.

Deirdre King tells her that her thoughts now go to both the family and relatives of Kim Wall and to Peter Madsen. "It's a terrible event and I really hope they find her," she says.

BBM

16. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

This to me makes me think he had fantasies of violence and murder.

No way do I think this guy "panicked" because a woman had an accident on his boat, fell or something and somehow died. He dismembered and disposed of her body in an horrific manner. Not in the manner of someone in a panic. Besides, the typical instinct of people who aren't sociopaths is to call for help. Not to engage in a calculated and calm effort to dispose of the body and evidence and to serenely lie about what happened.

I think this guy intended to do something with her from the get-go. Likely some sort of sexual or other assault to satisfy sick desires. Maybe even murder like those creeps who murdered one of the guy's roommates in the culmination of a longed planned sadistic fantasy.

17. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

bbm I wonder whether this could be the motive. Maybe Kim had written something in the past about fetishes that made him angry and he confronted her during their interview. An argument ensued and he got violent.

I don't believe anymore that he felt rejected by her as it seems now that he was not a sexually frustrated loner but was able to have many relationships/women in his life.

18. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

As we have seen, the line between some types of fetish and violence/murder is thin.

19. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

On the other had, if this man was 'popular" with the ladies and normally got what he wanted, maybe he didn't with Kim, and her rejection of him was so extraordinary to him that he flew into a rage.

20. Logical_Inference

Logical_Inference Member

Thank you for your great comments.
    Its good to get some different angles on this, because the news only reports on what they think we should know.

I hope they will find the rest of the body soon, and I feel very sad for her family and his family too. It is an extremely cruel and surreal case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.