GUILTY Denmark - Kim Wall, 30, Copenhagen, 10 Aug 2017

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by FrostOwl, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Robin Elizabeth Herr
    @CaliforniaRobin
    ·
    3m
    The defense is very thorough. The witness appears very patient, good at explaining why she did not do other investigations and why she is confident of her information. She drinks a glass of water. Later, she sighs. #petermadsen #submarinecase #submarinetrial #kimwall #dkjura

Sorry - but I have to leave - hopefully someone else can pick up the tweets!

Later!

2. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth On Time Out

TYVM Niner. It looks like court is pausing till 13:20 now.

That is very confident testimony by the witness imo that CO poisoning did not take place .

3. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

Robin Elizabeth Herr
    ‏

@CaliforniaRobin
    39m39 minutes ago
    More
    #PeterMadsen raises his hands up what looks like frustration. Does he want to ask the questions.

Defense: #PeterMadsen could have opened the hatch after #KimWall's death because a whole bunch of air could have come out of the compressor, thus lifting the sucking pressure which had previously made the hatch impossible to open.

Answer: That can't happen. I am 100% sure. Defense: So it's good that we will talk to the Technological Institute later.

Now #PeterMadsen, the defense attorney, prosecutor and the witness have walked to the bench up to the judge to talk about a photo.

Judge: So there aren't any more questions. We will pause until 13:20.

Summary:Witness makes 2 points:1.There was no sign of poisonous gasses in the motor filters 2. There was no sign of poisonous gasses in the air. Is this enough to convince the judges that #PeterMadsen’s explanation for #KimWall’s is wrong?

4. solar

solar New Member

5. SATA

SATA Active Member

Civil engineer,
    Kim Vinther
    from Institute of Technology is on the stand.
    He has never been on Nautilus, but has been tasked with evaluating a document Peter Madsen has made, titled: Calculation of events on Nautilus, after 10 pm August 10.
    Also enclosed are two drawings by PM,

This is going to get very technical.

The reporter from Ekstra Bladet doesn´t cover it more than saying that the document is being read aloud in court, and that it describes three different scenarios that could have caused Kim Wall´s death.

6. SATA

SATA Active Member

The live stream has stopped. Not sure why.

7. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth On Time Out

Robin is still tweeting. There was a pause while the seven pages were read out loud, I understand.

8. Moll

Moll Active Member

Have solved my problem with Twitter - it was so simple it's too embarrassing to relate. Thanks all. And now they are giving 15 minutes to Madsen. They are certainly bending over backwards to give him his say.

9. SATA

SATA Active Member

To eliminate grounds for appeal.

He is minced meat, is my estimate at this point, but I have been vastly wrong about outcomes of verdicts before, so don´t listen to me!

10. Moll

Moll Active Member

I agree with you entirely, and thought the submarine engineer was a very effective witness. As you say, the judge must make sure there are no grounds for appeal.

11. Legally Bland

Just a few bits.

[FONT=&amp]Robin Elizabeth Herr‏ @CaliforniaRobin 1h1 hour ago
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The witness says that #PeterMadsen didn't includ temperture rise. Though it could work against the pressure, it is not enough to elminate it. The 3 scenarios mean that the temperature would rise to 100 celcius within 4-7 minutes.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Robin Elizabeth Herr‏ @CaliforniaRobin 14m14 minutes ago
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The judge asks #PeterMadsen to stick what the his attorney asks and not to expand on things he has already said.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Robin Elizabeth Herr‏ @CaliforniaRobin 10m10 minutes ago
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]#PeterMadsen was again contentious today. The prosecution thought he changed his testimony & asked about it. He said, I have already told you but you are reading too much in it. Then the defense attorney took over.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Robin Elizabeth Herr‏ @CaliforniaRobin 6m6 minutes ago
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The court is finished for the day.Thanks for the company. In the next two days, we hope to hear about #PeterMadsens mental state and maybe his wife will give testimony. Otherwise, the court will rely on what she has told the police.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    Much more at links.[/FONT]

12. Legally Bland

[FONT=&amp]Julie Astrid Thomsen‏ @julieastridthom 22m22 minutes agoMore
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The prosecutor complains that the defence attorney is allowed to continuously question her client Peter Madsen in "a case of this nature". The judge allows the questioning to proceed
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Julie Astrid Thomsen‏ @julieastridthom 19m19 minutes agoMore
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Defence attorney asks in connection with a witness saying earlier that there would be too much noise from the engines to communicate: "Are you sure, you could hear Kim Wall?" Madsen: "I could hear her calling, yes."

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Julie Astrid Thomsen‏ @julieastridthom 20m20 minutes agoMore
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Defence: "Did you empty the compressors?" Peter Madsen: "I washed them around 4 times." A witness today said it would take 4-6 washes before gases would be at a level that wasn't dangerous
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Julie Astrid Thomsen‏ @julieastridthom 14m14 minutes agoMore
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The prosecutor accuses Madsen of changing his story as the case proceeds: He told the police earlier, he washed the compressors 3 times, but after today's testimony from captain lieutenant Ditte Dyreborg, he says 4 times
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Julie Astrid Thomsen‏ @julieastridthom 11m11 minutes agoMore
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Peter Madsen has left the stand and day 8 of the #SubmarineTrial is over. I am back tomorrow covering the case live for @SkyNews. Tomorrow, the prosecutor will present technical evidence. Whether Madsen's ex wife will testify at one point, is still unknown
    [/FONT]

13. SATA

SATA Active Member

I thought Peter Madsens wife was the witness who got granted closed doors and PM in another room.

Guess it wasn´t her. Or what?

14. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth On Time Out

He changes his versions with the wind to cover his own a*se. When is the prosecutor going to ask why he didn't call for assistance instead of texting his wife?

Am I remembering the previous medical evidence correctly that they found oxygen in KW's lungs when the autopsy was done and that's why they think her throat was cut or she was strangled? That just doesn't fit with his "scenarios" does it? I think he's toast.

15. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Thanks for picking up on the tweets!

I noticed on the tweets she started with Witness #28 and ended with Witness #31.... :thinking: I had 33 witnesses already before today. Okay - I give up on keeping count! :D

16. Moll

Moll Active Member

I thought you already had?!
    I don't think we've mentioned here the witness between the two technical witnesses who saw Madsen on his way to the submarine carrying the saw on the afternoon of 10 August - continuing the prosecution effort to establish intention, though it seems pretty clear already that he took the saw on that afternoon, since it was filmed by the camera crew during the interview he did that day. Read from the bottom up.

@julieastridthom3h

Madsen's defence asks the witness if it's correct that he doesn't have any knowledge of how Madsen normally looks when he walks. Witness: "That is correct." @SkyNews #SubmarineTrial #KimWall#PeterMadsen

@julieastridthom3h

"He walked very determined and looked very fixedly forward like he didn't want to be accosted by anyone," the male witness tells the court of Peter Madsen's state of mind on Aug. 10 @SkyNews#SubmarineTrial #KimWall #PeterMadsen

@julieastridthom3h

"He was very determined. He didn't fit in the image of everyone out there. All people were happy and it didn't seem like he was," the male witness, who was working at the "Haven" festival on Refshaleøen, tells the court @SkyNews #SubmarineTrial #KimWall #PeterMadsen

@julieastridthom3h

The prosecutor shows the witness the saw found by the police. Witness: "Yes, that is the saw." @SkyNews #SubmarineTrial #KimWall#PeterMadsen

@julieastridthom3h

The witness was around five metres from Madsen who was wearing a green boiler suit. "What I first notice when I see him is that I see a saw sticking up in the middle of the crowd," the man tells the court @SkyNews #SubmarineTrial #KimWall #PeterMadsen

17. Moll

Moll Active Member

I think so. I can only find the Mail article quickly, but I think others said the same:

"Today, the medical examiner said it was an unlikely scenario as 'the air seems not to have been able to leave the lungs, which is not the case with lack of oxygen or inhalation of gases.'"
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ial-hears.html

18. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth On Time Out

If the temperature rose to 100ºC within 4-7 minutes that would cause death. Humans cannot survive above 60º C as I understand it. I cannot believe PM would make such an error and I don't believe he heard her either.

19. Moll

Moll Active Member

Quite a few articles have now appeared...nothing new to us, all highlighting Ditte Dyreborg's evidence and regarding it as destructive to PM's claims. This one stresses that no gases were found:
    https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-submarine-murder-suspect-s-defence--10100696

but also says of the earlier evidence:
    'The coroner could however not rule out poisoning as a result of toxic fumes.'

I don't remember that.

20. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth On Time Out

Just bumping this as a reminder about the medical evidence.