GUILTY Denmark - Kim Wall, 30, Copenhagen, 10 Aug 2017

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by FrostOwl, Aug 14, 2017.

1. SATA

SATA Active Member

I cannot say I am displeased that PM was/is rattled by the sentence.

It goes to show how delusional the man is. He really believed the judges would buy into his lies.

Sadly, there is no completion for the Wall family because of PM´s appeal. They will have to go through the whole thing one more time - and then he will appeal to High Court, so probably also a third time.
    It will be years of agony for them.
    They have been so incredible throughout the whole thing and shown nothing but the utmost composure and dignity.
    Kim Wall can be very proud of her lovely parents. Lots of thoughts to them.

2. Moll

Moll Active Member

I just happened to be listening to a BBC radio 4 programme about the Bader-Meinhof Gang. A surviving member was asked at the end if he regretted what he had done in the cause. He replied hesitantly '"Regret" is not the right word. "Shame" is the right word.'

3. Moll

Moll Active Member

4. Moll

Moll Active Member

5. SATA

SATA Active Member

New development in the case, and very good news for Kim Wall´s family and friends.
    Peter Madsen has decided not to appeal the the verdict of guilt in this case - BUT only appeal the length of the sentence.
    Kim Wall´s relatives will not have to be dragged through a long trial again.

I doubt he will get far with that. The man is dangerous to the public, any sane person can see that.

6. Logical_Inference

Logical_Inference Member

Yes it seems that he is finally admitting to have killed KW.

Here is a snippet from the article on TV2 - translated by me:
    Translated by google:
    https://translate.google.com/transl...n-opgiver-frifindelse-for-drabet-paa-kim-wall

7. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

That's great news! Thanks for the updates, Sata and LI.

A high court appeal case against Danish amateur engineer Peter Madsen will relate to the sentence, but not the verdict.

Madsen wants a milder sentence than the lifetime imprisonment he was given at Copenhagen City Court last month for the premeditated murder of Swedish journalist Kim Wall on board his privately-built submarine.

He is the 15th person in 10 years to receive a life sentence in Denmark.

https://www.thelocal.se/20180507/peter-madsen-guilty-verdict-will-not-be-appealed-at-high-court

8. Logical_Inference

Logical_Inference Member

https://translate.google.com/transl...forsvarer-madsen-vil-ikke-kaempe-mere/7147584

9. SATA

SATA Active Member

*gag*
    Betina Hald Engmark just stated on the news that poor PM cannot take anymore, that is why he accepts the guilt verdict - and he also thinks about Kim Wall´s relatives (not having to be dragged through another trial.)
    I call BS, he did not think it would matter one way or the other to her family that she was dismembered and dumped in the ocean.

Why do you think he accepts the verdict of guilty? Does he have some sense of reality after all?

10. Logical_Inference

Logical_Inference Member

nah, I think that he has run out of stories for what happened. He has seen that the other stories didnt work, so he probably used 2 weeks of thinking of a new version, and decided that he couldnt think anything new up.
    I also think that the lack of witnesses in his favour could have an influence on the decision.

11. Moll

Moll Active Member

Thanks, SATA and L_I for this 'good' (=better than the alternative) news. I don't know how it works in Denmark but I couldn't imagine what grounds he could have for appealing against conviction - just repeating what he said before wouldn't do it.
    I hope the sentence will also be upheld and he can soon be forgotten.

12. ZaZara

ZaZara Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this, SATA.

The lovely picture that goes with the words of Kim's boyfriend Ole Stobbe:

20899727-saxo-photo.jpeg

13. Logical_Inference

Logical_Inference Member

MsMarple and SATA like this.
  14. FrostOwl

FrostOwl Active Member

Kim Wall's family has arranged a memorial race today, a year after she died, Run for Kim. It takes place in Sweden and in 11 other countries. Money from the races goes to the Kim Wall memorial fund, which grants a stipend to a female free-lance journalist.

De springer till Kim Walls ära

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  15. FrostOwl

FrostOwl Active Member

Moll, SATA, Legally Bland and 2 others like this.
  16. ZaZara

ZaZara Well-Known Member

Listening.....

17. SATA

SATA Active Member

For some reason I cannot see the thread about Kim Wall (or any other thread for that matter). Only thing I can see is a window where I can post reply.
    I just want to say I remember her on this day, the one year anniversary of her murder.

18. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

I just listened to an interview with her mother on the BBC.

19. SATA

SATA Active Member

Her parents have a need to talk about their daughter, especially her mother. No wonder, I cannot imagine what they are going through.

They arranged a run in Kim Wall´s birth town, where her parents still live. The Danish prosecutor and the head of the police investigation went to Sweden and participated.
    A nice gesture. They were both stellar in the solving and prosecuting the case. I am sure KWs parents are pleased they showed their respect today.

P.S. I can only see posts on this page, none of the previous, they are blank. What is up with that?!

20. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Not there for me either, maybe they did not transfer to the new site.