Dennis Rodman thinks he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by CatFancier, Jul 2, 2013.

1. CatFancier

CatFancier Former Member

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....considered-for-the-nobel-peace-prize/related/

2. Loading...

3. tezi

tezi Member of Websleuths since 2000.

All righty then Dennis. LOL

If Dennis get the Peace Prize, I am petitioning MENSA to allow Ray Lewis in...LOL That is in reference to the AH murder case going on in the Crimes in the News forum...:floorlaugh:

4. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

Dennis Rodman- Nobel Peace Prize for meeting with Kim Jong-Un?

Heck, he was waiting for Khloe and Kourtney Jong-Un to show up to the party.

5. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Ah, Dennis Dennis Dennis. (smh) There's one story many folks don't know about DR though. He went to a small college here in OK. One of the team's younger fans - a teenager - had, on a hunting trip, accidentally shot his best friend dead. Huge depression of course set in. Rodman heard about it and wanted to see if he could help. And thus it was that he was able to help; the pair became good friends. Rodman made friends with the whole family. And not as a PR thing - he basically just sort of moved in, and was always around. He adopted them and vice versa. I know he maintained the friendship for at least a time during his NBA days.

Maybe he does deserve at least some sort of prize. He probably was responsible for saving a very depressed teen's life.

This is the Wiki paragraph:
    ETA: here's the 1988 Sports Illustrated article, well worth a look:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1067269/1/index.htm

6. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Active Member

Umm.. I saw the picture of kim j. and rodmen and thought kimj. was the better looking of the two. Still I am not capping either of there names.

Yet I did cap I ..but that is because I saved two kittens from death this week and found them both loving homes. All that without having to question why is wasnt the black guys job.

7. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

I'd forgotten SI's original story on the Rodman trip came with an unexpected Waiting for Godot tie-in via the playwright.
    http://nba.si.com/2013/07/02/dennis...er-story-north-korea/?sct=hp_t2_a11&eref=sihp

8. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

9. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz New Member

Are there any Americans locked up in North Korea? Dennis should bring them home with him if there are. Then he can get an award of some sort from Obama. Last time I saw D.R. he was in a rehab facility and didn't seem to be doing too good.

10. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

he's an odd duck for sure

until the North Korea thing happened, I thought he had a good heart and wasn't as stupid as people made him out to be ... now I'm not so sure

11. michmi

michmi New Member

When he was on Celebrity Rehab, Dr. Drew had him get a 3-D scan of his brain and he has a large amount of brain damage (probably from alcoholism). His brain had big holes in it.

12. Cherry

Cherry Pie

OMG a legend in only his own mind. This guy has never done it for me. This relationship with Kim Un is becoming quite clear: This is about money and teaching their teams his secrets and the game. Now that is a huge problem for me.
    If anyone should be labeled a communist; it's DR in my most humble of opinions.

13. Cherry

Cherry Pie

Let's just let him move there; and when they realize he doesn't "love and worship" the Great Leader, then they can put him up in an Apt like everyone else and starve them. He will stand out on the hills behind said apts as he grazes for grasses & weeds to cook so he doesn't starve. JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE POPULATION.

For insight on the real BLIGHT and GENOCIDE in NK;

please read:

Nothing To Envy:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/26/AR2010022603052.html

for dr to do this is such a slam against all we stand for.

14. rob

rob Active Member

I hate to say it, but he probably has done more to deserve it than Barack Obama had when he won in 2009
    MOO

15. animlzrule

animlzrule New Member

Something tells me you don't hate to say it at all.

16. Gardenlady

Gardenlady Active Member

I'd never heard that, what a sweet story. It shows there's a good guy in there. He might be full of himself now, of course, but a lot of that must be due to his career/celebrity/money plus the addiction. Sad. :(

Oh well, he isn't really hurting anyone going to NK. Maybe due to alcohol damage as someone above mentioned, he really does think he's helping, in some sort of jimmy carter-esque way? :confused:

17. SwampMama

SwampMama Insomniac Extraordinaire

:floorlaugh: Lol!! Really? There needs to be a delusional version of the Nobel Peace prize and Mensa for people like rodman and kanye west who are legends in their own minds and spend much of the time tooting their own horn. They go on and on about how great they are and that we need to recognize this and we are somehow deficient for not seeing their greatness.:facepalm:

Anyway, thanks for my laugh for the day.

18. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

So true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

19. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

Lol. If DR deserves the Nobel Peace Prize, then I deserve a lifetime membership to Mensa (and so the rest of us) 'cause we all know, "It Ain't Happenin"!

20. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

I deserve an Academy Award ... I faked it the other night. ;)
    Where's my Oscar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

21. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

Dennis.....Nobel Peace Prize.....bawaaa