Desiree Quote "the horrible truth"

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by loves2bmom, Sep 20, 2010.

1. loves2bmom

loves2bmom New Member

Does anyone still have the Oprah interview on their DVR? I actually deleted mine to make room for football. :D

I heard something (on the net) about a quote from Desiree on the show that I must have missed. I don't know what the question was but her answer was something like ""I gotta tell that in a million years, I could not have imagined the horrible truth of what we know now..."

I can't find a transcript or tape on the net anywhere with the interview. Did anyone hear this exchange? Can you put it in context for me? Also, if anyone has a clip of the show, I'd appreciate it too. Oprah's staff is very good about keeping stuff off of Youtube.

2. Loading...

3. debs

debs Former Member

You know, I find it very interesting that it appears that ALL segments of the show aren't on her website. I could have sworn last week the segment about the Discovery Channel was there! Kaine and Desiree's appearance was never linked on her site at all.

4. loves2bmom

loves2bmom New Member

Well, there is this one link that explains the backstory but not a transcript or video. If you want the transcript from a show you have to pay $24.95. :(

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Missing-Child-Kyron-Hormans-Parents-Speak-Out

5. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

6. debs

debs Former Member

Thanks for finding the summary story....but where is the video?

7. Billylee

Billylee New Member

8. loves2bmom

loves2bmom New Member

9. grandmaj

grandmaj Former Member

Loves2bMom do you have a link to where you saw this quote that you mention in your post? Thanks.

10. Billylee

Billylee New Member

I don't recall those words, but doesn't mean it couldn't have been said. LOL It was such a short interview, I'm wondering if maybe you heard that in another interview with Desiree somewhere?

11. Billylee

Billylee New Member

Desiree Young: The worst hell I've ever experienced. I can't even explain it. Never in a million years would've thought we would be here.

Is this what you're looking for? It's from here:

http://www.kptv.com/news/24037975/detail.html

12. loves2bmom

loves2bmom New Member

13. loves2bmom

loves2bmom New Member

I don't think I can link that site....that's why the plea for anyone who has a copy of the tape or can find it on the net. If no one has it, I understand if we need to close this. Sorry!

14. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

That Oregonian piece is where they were blogging it live. I don't think they meant it as a complete transcript.

15. loves2bmom

loves2bmom New Member

Billylee...I think this might be it. I think someone (maybe me..LOL) was confusing interviews! :) I'll keep searching for Oprah though and understand if this thread is closed.

ETA: That's definitely it Billy...I just watched the whole thing. Thanks for straightening me out! :D :blushing: :cool:

16. loves2bmom

loves2bmom New Member

I edited the title of the thread. She definitely says the quote but it's not from Oprah. Just in case someone wants to discuss. What horrible truth would they have known? I believe the interview was the end of June.

17. debs

debs Former Member

Reporter: I think the thing you've heard and we've heard so much is that parents and families say we cannot imagine what you're going through. How can you describe and put into words what you're going through? Desiree Young: The worst hell I've ever experienced. I can't even explain it. Never in a million years would've thought we would be here.

18. Morag

Morag New Member

OT, but, I admire Oprah, but what person would think that a 7 year old nearsighted boy would be put on a bus alone for 4 hours? My answer: one who doesn't have kids and doesn't know much about them.

19. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

I didn't watch Oprah but do you think you might possibly have seen the quote on the show anyway in one of the old news clips?

20. daisy7

daisy7 Retired WS Staff

I still have it on DVR. Gotta go find one of our 5 missing remotes so I can re-watch and will transcribe as best I can.

21. debs

debs Former Member

Wait a second.......it was in that last series of controlled pressers, where they met with reporters one one one.....one of the reporters (a female) asked about Terri's communications, and Desiree's response was "it's disgusting....."

lemme look............