Desiree Quote "the horrible truth"

I believe the Oregonian stated that on Oprah they aired some clips. Maybe within the clips is where a similar comment was made.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/live_blog_kaine_horman_and_des.html

1:47 p.m.: Last commercial break before Kyron's story:

Oprah will ask them, "Do you believe, in your heart of hearts, that your son is still alive?"

» Kyron Horman special coverage
Your guide to the story
» Timeline
» All stories
» All photos
» All videosOprah says she will reveal "what Kyron Horman's parents want you to know now."

1:50 p.m.: The segment opens with a summary video story about the case. It's been three month since Kyron went missing. The video summarizes what we know so far.

Video shows Capt. Jason Gates of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office saying they will bring Kyron home.

1:52 p.m.: Video shows news conference clips of Desiree and her husband, Tony Young.

Video tells the audience about the police report of a landscaper who says Terri Moulton Horman asked him to kill Kaine.

Clip of Young's plea to Terri to help.

Okay, thanks for bearing with me this morning. I think I have it now. This is the video and Desiree starts to talk about when she really felt Terri was responsible.

"Once we found out she failed the 2nd polygraph, we both kind of turned to the other side. More than what we were previously. I gotta tell you, in a million years I never would have imagined the horrible truth of what we know now"

Listen starting at about 4:42 mark.

http://videos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/07/kyron_hormans_parents_share_de.html

OT, but, I admire Oprah, but what person would think that a 7 year old nearsighted boy would be put on a bus alone for 4 hours? My answer: one who doesn't have kids and doesn't know much about them.

Ack Morag. I deleted my post after you quoted it. LOL I was watching an old video while waiting for Oprah and confused the two. Here is the one where Desiree corrects the interviewer. Sorry to have mislead anyone!!

http://www.ktvl.com/video/?videoId=110012601001&lineupId=&play=now

DY hasused all kinds of words like not human, disgusting, KYRON saw, etc.
She is trying to tell us something but cannot hurt the case.
My heart breals for Desiree.
Then sheriff says 'wishes he didn't know some things' and that WE WILL ALL BE SHOCKED.

What does this all mean?
Can anyone connect the dots?

Then sheriff says 'wishes he didn't know some things' and that WE WILL ALL BE SHOCKED.

What does this all mean?

But we will never "be shocked" if they never tell us anything.
You would think at this point they would be giving more details to possibly jog more peoples memories. But they say nothing.
The way this case is being handled just blows my mind. I do not see how such secrecy will help the case. I also do not understand why they do not get Tim Miller with Texas Equuearch involved. He has found many many missing children both alive and deceased. At this point it seems the case has just stalled.
If I were Desiree and kaine I would do ANYTHING to get my child home.
I would ask for help doing so as well.
I can't imagine what they are going through but sometimes I feel like they could be doing more.

IMHO

What does this all mean?

It is so hard to connect the dots, with little info that we have.
We can't really even figure the timeline, we don't have exact times of when Terri left the 2nd FM, we can guess from the flyers as to it being after 10:00, and the ck in time at the gym. We don't know for sure if Terri worked out. I thought people from the gym went to the GJ, but not sure on that.
Staton did not say we would be shocked, that was a question from the reporter, he said we'd be surprised.
IMO the things LE knows that they wish they didn't know, wouldn't have to do with trafficking or child *advertiser censored*, IMO that's information they would want to know.
We don't even know for sure if the GJ is finished with the witnesses yet.
We don't know if DeDe has gone back, or if she will be going back, to the GJ.
There is just so much information that we don't know, IMO it's almost impossible to connect the dot's, when so many of them are missing, for us.
I really hope LE has a bucket load of dots.

People did testify from the gym, of course, we have no idea what they were asked:

Friends, who worked out with Terri Horman at that 24-Hour Fitness, testified before a grand jury Monday.

According to sources, the friends were not extremely close to Terri. However, they were close enough that Terri often confided in them with issues from her home.

Three grand jury witnesses declined to speak with reporters outside the Multnomah County Courthouse Monday. All three, according to sources, are members of that 24-Hour Fitness.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100309979.html

Here's what the sheriff really said, for anyone who's interested. He never used the word 'shocked', or any variation thereof.

September 15 press conference transcription

Regarding things that LE will tell reporters about in the future when they ask them about things that stress LE

Reporter asked if people would be surprised when they find out what happened to Kyron, or if it would be what they are expecting.

Staton: (pause) I know Im taking a long pause on that. I have to think through that answer.

I think there will be things that will come out of this investigation that will surprise you, that you'll think about later on after it's over.

These are things that I'll tell you, when you ask me about the stresses that my staff is under, and that the other detectives and agency, agency representatives here are under is that uh (pause) we have a knowledge of things that we don't want to know about (pause) and that's the only way I can answer that.

We have a knowledge of things that we wish we didn't.

Here's what the sheriff really said, for anyone who's interested. He never used the word 'shocked', or any variation thereof.

IM:twocents:O...shocked or surprised equal the same thing...unexpected.

To me anyway, the word "shocked" implies something I've never thought about, or seen before that would most likely repulse me in some way. Being shocked is not a pleasant connotation. Being surprised on the other hand, still means I may not have expected something, but it may not be as unpleasant as being shocked.

For instance in this case, if they came out and said "the maid did it", I'd be surprised, but not shocked. I won't go into what would shock me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back