Detroit Youth Choir wows on America's Got Talent

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by BetteDavisEyes, Jun 19, 2019.

1. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

2. BetteDavisEyes

Blondie in Spokane and EmilyVan like this.
  3. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

cried my eyes out the whole time. I don't watch that show (but give me some So You Think You Can Dance anyday!) but heard they were going to be on so I tuned in and just... wow... Even now I am emotional for those kids. I have no idea if they have any potential to win but the experience alone for them is incredible! Thanks for posting the performance here @BetteDavisEyes.

4. BetteDavisEyes

It's 80* here today, but I had chills watching the Detroit Youth Choir's performance :) Bravo!

5. BetteDavisEyes

6. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

(it was way over 100 here yesterday and I am always freezing inside this time of year so chills are just a thing lol... I have my portable space heater on today here at the office - crazy!) I really did go through 5 tissues during their whole montage. My dogs wondered why I was crying so!

What does the gold button mean? They don't have to perform against anyone else until the end? Or will they perform each week, do you know? I hate that I am going to have to record this show now lol... That Simon guy drives me crazy with his knowitall attitude and the blonde dancer woman judge seems so insincere with her critiques from what little I saw.

EmilyVan likes this.
  7. EmilyVan

EmilyVan Skeptic

I'm not crying - YOU'RE crying!!! I love SYTYCD too... I even cry during that show...

And I just love Terry Crews.

AzPistonsGirl likes this.
  8. BetteDavisEyes

Google search:

What does it mean to get the golden buzzer?
    During auditions, each judge is allowed to use the Golden Buzzer to send an act automatically into the live shows, regardless of the opinion of the other judges; when it was initially used, the buzzer simply saved an act from elimination.

AzPistonsGirl likes this.