*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in may depend on state statues, I worked forensic correctionial and they medicated immed!

Seriously? Just for spitting? Good Lord, we had arrestees spit at us/on us in the patrol car and we'd get to the jail and they'd spit away. Never once!!!! did we request, or did any jailer decide a person needed to be medicated because they were spitting. Geez, that seems a little extreme.

People with psychological disorders may display variations in their affect:

may show little outward response to social environments

the face expressionless, and the body immobile.

display of emotion is out of context for the situation

Read more: Affect - person, people, mood, Definition, Description http://www.minddisorders.com/A-Br/Affect.html#ixzz21YTbjQWs

Manifest as a failure to express feelings either verbally or non-verbally,

Especially when talking about issues that would normally be expected to engage the emotions.

Has none or nearly no emotional expression.

Instead of being in contact with what is going on'
Diminishment of, or absence of, emotional expressiveness.

Blunted affect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to this article, the coward who shall remain nameless had none of the symptoms of blunted affect as he went on his rampage. he sure wasn't immobile or without expression. Instead, he was running around the theater, screaming at people:
As Young lay prone, Davies watched the shooter move around the room, shouting and targeting fellow moviegoers.
“He would shout, ‘What are you doing? I said stand up!’ And he would pick people up. I saw him stand over someone. I just see hair and him holding the shirt, and boom,” she said.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-colorado-heroine-20120723,0,6247841,full.story

This is horrifying to me. Horrifying. As frightened people huddled on the ground, this horrible monster screamed at them to get up and when they wouldn't he shouted, "I said stand up!" while grabbing them and pulling them upright. Once he got them upright, he blew them away.

The evil in that makes my stomach sick - methodically compelling terrified innocent people to stand up and be shot like cattle.

Aurora theater shooting: Gun sales up since tragedy (Denver Post)
Background checks for people wanting to buy guns in Colorado jumped more than 41 percent after Friday morning's shooting at an Aurora movie theater, and firearms instructors say they're also seeing increased interest in the training required for a concealed-carry permit.

"It's been insane," Jake Meyers, an employee at Rocky Mountain Guns and Ammo in Parker, said Monday.
---
the rest at the link above

And I also presume he wasn't confused when he allegedly set up a very elaborate apartment bomb. Yes, of course, you can find anything on the internet (I presume that was where he acquired the knowledge) but most people would not be able to manage something like that and not blow themselves up in the process. But now he is supposedly confused in court.

I just tried to get the picture of all the guns this guy , according to them , had They took the picture down?

THey sure did - cause I sent it to my talk radio folk about 45 minutes ago and now the pic is not on the page????????????????
Gave me chills

AHHHHHHHHHH

Baby of man wounded in Colo. shooting is born (AP)
DENVER (AP) -- A woman whose husband was critically wounded in the Colorado movie theater shooting has given birth to the couple's first child.

Hugo Jackson Medley was born at 7:11 a.m. MT Tuesday at University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora, the same hospital where his father, 23-year-old Caleb Medley, lies in critical condition.
---
the rest at the link above

And I can guarantee at any jail in the country, if you come in spitting at everyone, they are going to medicate you and quickly.

that is absolutely not true.
you start spitting, they will throw you into solitary confinement....probably put a mask over your face - looks like pantyhose sort of...a spit mask...

jails do not typically have a pharmacy on site. they are not doctors. nor is a jail a medical facility. they cant just hand out meds not knowing the inmates medical history. he was not in jail long enough to even get a full medical history completed much less a psyc profile done.

I saw this did your opinion of situation change when you got to the last third (I think mine was MSNBC! That one linked here in Maine is really really really scary tho !

I agree the Maine one is def scary! He needed to be arrested/detained. Why would anyone need all this amo/guns?

Then the other 2 are not as bad. I could see a teen (not 52 yo) saying something like that. I would hope someone older would have more respect for the victims.

The 3rd is crazy too.

I bet we see more & more of this. If not stop showing the movie? I doubt the later so we will hear more getting detained/questioned for statement.

IMO, this man is not insane.

When arrested he was sane and coherent.

He knew his constitutional rights and asked for an attorney right away.

imo

imo

ITA. He is also very intelligent. Managed to allegedly wire his apartment like a bomb, and not blow himself up, and apparently figured it all out simply from information found on the internet. And then he is sitting in court looking like the potted plant.

imo
Just friendly reminder there are four options here not only insane or not.

Daily mail? Should it even be considered msm? His mother through the lawyer denied everything that article tries to attribute to her.

imo

I agree he is not insane. But his wiring is off.

He planned this and was able to get everything done in 4 months. Booby rigged his apartment. Turned up the radio thinking someone would go there. Then did this. Knew what to wear so if LE shot at him he should be well protected.

Then asked for a attorney. But does stupid things like play with his hands that are covered to contain evidence like pupets. He knows when to "play" dumb.

If anything maybe mental illness but def not insane.

According to this article, the coward who shall remain nameless had none of the symptoms of blunted affect as he went on his rampage. he sure wasn't immobile or without expression. Instead, he was running around the theater, screaming at people:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-colorado-heroine-20120723,0,6247841,full.story

This is horrifying to me. Horrifying. As frightened people huddled on the ground, this horrible monster screamed at them to get up and when they wouldn't he shouted, "I said stand up!" while grabbing them and pulling them upright. Once he got them upright, he blew them away.

The evil in that makes my stomach sick - methodically compelling terrified innocent people to stand up and be shot like cattle.

That is so sad. I had not heard that. The whole thing is horrible, but that is so, so terrible. What a nightmare. I feel so sorry for the ones that endured all of that. May he (the killer) rot in h$77!

I think in may depend on state statues, I worked forensic correctionial and they medicated immed!

im not sure exactly what your referring to as forensic correctional, but the perp was just in a reg ol' county jail.........

in a prison - after they have been charged/sentenced - they will have had a full medical history and psyc history done.....and yes then prescribed meds if needbe...

but in a county jail just after an arrest.....no way! if he had medical issues, he would have been rushed off to a hospital. they dont medicate for BAD BEHAVIOR...they restrain!

ITA. He is also very intelligent. Managed to allegedly wire his apartment like a bomb, and not blow himself up, and apparently figured it all out simply from information found on the internet. And then he is sitting in court looking like the potted plant.
Just a friendly reminder IMO , being wildly bright , in know way, is a rule out for severe mental illiness - there is no correlation between the two .IMO NONE , that list , I posted, with dozens and dozens of folks sufferring with mental illiness that lived their entire lives making huge contributions to society, functionality, making millions, parenting, etc etc

Daily mail? Should it even be considered msm? His mother through the lawyer denied everything that article tries to attribute to her.
One has to handle my beloved DM with tongs - I almost always try to find a U.S. MSM link to verify info when possible, and, on UK stories, the same: BBC News, Guardian, Telegraph, etc. - but in the main its articles are trustworthy, fact-wise. And, being a tabloid, it has a preponderance of pictures.

Yes, it's MSM. It does not court controversy and is very seldom out on a limb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23