• No, I believe her

Votes: 108 15.4%
  • Not sure, on the fence

Votes: 365 52.0%
  • Dad and Mom together

Votes: 24 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always think the parents are guilty just because some unkown stranger just happening to have the perfect opportunity, etc. on the perfect night always seems so unlikely. But I voted "on the fence" only because I really thought Summer Thompson's mom was guilty and boy was I wrong. So I am willing to eat crow and say it isn't always what it seems and it's possible mom is innocent. But it's also possible she's not. So, I'm a fence sitter.

Don't know where else to post this since everything is in separate sections now

Uh, I think it's dumb to take a baby and hide her. I also think it's dumb to hurt a baby and cover it up and lie to the world. And yes I do think it would b dumb, but others have done it remember that college student who was killed and hidden in a wall of their lab. Just thinking outside the box. Stranger, dumber things have happened

I always think the parents are guilty just because some unkown stranger just happening to have the perfect opportunity, etc. on the perfect night always seems so unlikely. But I voted "on the fence" only because I really thought Summer Thompson's mom was guilty and boy was I wrong. So I am willing to eat crow and say it isn't always what it seems and it's possible mom is innocent. But it's also possible she's not. So, I'm a fence sitter.

All a stranger has to do is watch, that is what they usually do. If there is a child they like they wait and watch and then take them. I never think the parents are guilty until they prove it to me or they confess. I just think it is the worse thing in the world to put on someone if they do not deserve it.

I need to just give them all the benefit of the doubt til they prove it to me. Too many parents have been accused or vilified only to be cleared later and the damage is done.

Exactly! Whatever happened, happened in that house under the watch of one or both parents.....

According to Dad the "Intruder" must have entered through the unlocked front door since the widow was not tampered with.....

It seems to me (from the earliest interviews) that dad, at least subconsciously, knows his wife is lying. His body language and wording scream this -- note the distancing both physically and in his words.

I think he is still trying to wrap his brain around it. When he does he will have to make a decision and choose a side.

I voted on the fence as well. During the few interviews I have seen, Mom has been hysterically crying non-stop, even many days after the disappearance. Totally inconsolable. I know that each person deals with grief differently, but I wondered why she would be so visibly upset & pleading for the safe return of Lisa if she was not telling the truth.

If she is responsible for Lisa's disappearance, I imagine one could explain her emotional state to some sort of guilt over the incident or a matter of simple acting job. I honestly don't know what to make of it. Her emotions seemed a bit over the top to me and prolonged for too many days at the same exact level (when I expected some sort of fluctuation,) but fortunately I have never had to deal with such a situation so I don't think it's fair for me to judge.

It is however odd to me that mom and dad have such polar opposite emotional responses to the situation, on the outside that is (who knows how each is feeling inside.) Dad barely reacts at all when interviewed and seems generally checked out, while mom is in a constant state of emotional breakdown.

I imagine mom may have also been crying consistently during police interviews which would make it very difficult for them to garner information.

I still think she didn't do anything, but I have had my leg lifted up the fence a couple times. I can understand the hiding, I think. Every time she goes on tv she gets slammed, she should act this way, not that way, she said we, she said I, she can't win. She may have thought that the trip to the store before Lisa went missing wasn't important, or maybe she is like me and has no concept of time, lol. I'm always asking "was that today or yesterday".

Lisa is still in the news, her picture is out there, so what more can she do in that reguard other than giving people more to bash her about? Reading the comments on news sites and facebook I can't say I blame her for staying low, I think she may be the second most hated woman right now. I do understand others views, but so many of those comments are based on rumors and misleading media headlines. It's almost like a bad reality show.

I don't understand the missing posters, or lack thereof. Unless they really don't know what to do. I think they are over confident in their spokesperson, maybe she is a dominant force in the family and they just don't realize the harm she is doing?

I would like to see video of Lisa. She is beautiful, but common looking for a baby. Maybe her voice, her laugh or her cry could help find her.

I will eat crow if I am wrong, as long as it is well done. The evidence of kidnapping is not logical, but I haven't seen any evidence that mom did anything either. SO, that's my :twocents:

The reason she is having a hard time winning in the court of public opinion is that her story is ludicrous. She is like a kid standing next to a broken cookie jar, face covered in melted chocolate, claiming someone else did it.

No one walked in the unlocked front door, flipped on the lights, started opening doors, spotted an infant and decided to murder it, oh, and maybe grab those cell phones on the way out -- maybe make a couple calls and update his facebook while he's at it. There are two main groups of people who kill deliberately infants:

1. Completely bat-sh** crazy homicidal maniacs. These are unbelievably rare, and if it had been one of these mom and the other kids would also be dead. They don't break into random homes and make off with infants.

2. Parents... usually mommy. This group makes up almost all of the infant killers. And since Dad was at work that leaves only one person.

I voted on the fence as well. During the few interviews I have seen, Mom has been hysterically crying non-stop, even many days after the disappearance. Totally inconsolable. I know that each person deals with grief differently, but I wondered why she would be so visibly upset & pleading for the safe return of Lisa if she was not telling the truth.

If she is responsible for Lisa's disappearance, I imagine one could explain her emotional state to some sort of guilt over the incident or a matter of simple acting job. I honestly don't know what to make of it. Her emotions seemed a bit over the top to me and prolonged for too many days at the same exact level (when I expected some sort of fluctuation,) but fortunately I have never had to deal with such a situation so I don't think it's fair for me to judge.

It is however odd to me that mom and dad have such polar opposite emotional responses to the situation, on the outside that is (who knows how each is feeling inside.) Dad barely reacts at all when interviewed and seems generally checked out, while mom is in a constant state of emotional breakdown.[/B]

I imagine mom may have also been crying consistently during police interviews which would make it very difficult for them to garner information.

BBM

Very odd. When asked if she had anything to do with her daughter's disappearance, DB is almost hysterical in her denial. Asked the same question, JI just gives a rather timid, unconvincing "no".

Like you said, definitely polar opposites...though what that means, I couldn't say.

I voted that mom did not do anything to Lisa or even knows what happened to Lisa. I have said before that when I have seen the first few media interviews of other women that I had a gut feeling about the women. I suspected Susan Smith right off the bat. I suspected Billie Dunn almost immediately also. I do not suspect the mom in this case. The dad is another story though. There is something that he is hiding, IMO. Something is just not right with him.

MOO

All a stranger has to do is watch, that is what they usually do. If there is a child they like they wait and watch and then take them. I never think the parents are guilty until they prove it to me or they confess. I just think it is the worse thing in the world to put on someone if they do not deserve it.

I need to just give them all the benefit of the doubt til they prove it to me. Too many parents have been accused or vilified only to be cleared later and the damage is done.

In close to 90% of all cases of violence and sexual crimes against all children the perpetrator is a member of the child's family or a close family friend, and in cases involving infants the percentage is higher still. Sometimes, every once in a great while, it wasn't the family, but that's a foolish way to bet.

In this case, where the mom's story is frankly ridiculous, it's hard to imagine it being anything else.

MOO etc

Who has said that this case involves violence or sexual crimes against the child? As far as I know that has not been determined. A person wanting a child of their own, that is desperate, has been known to take many risks that one would think unimaginable. Think of the stories of babies being taken from the hospital maternity ward by an unknown person. It happens. It does no one, especially baby Lisa, any good to automatically assume that it would not happen in this case.

MOO

I voted that mom did not do anything to Lisa or even knows what happened to Lisa. I have said before that when I have seen the first few media interviews of other women that I had a gut feeling about the women. I suspected Susan Smith right off the bat. I suspected Billie Dunn almost immediately also. I do not suspect the mom in this case. The dad is another story though. There is something that he is hiding, IMO. Something is just not right with him.

MOO

He is hiding that he believes his wife killed their child. I think he is still trying to get his mind around something this insane.

Who has said that this case involves violence or sexual crimes against the child? As far as I know that has not been determined. A person wanting a child of their own, that is desperate, has been known to take many risks that one would think unimaginable. Think of the stories of babies being taken from the hospital maternity ward by an unknown person. It happens. It does no one, especially baby Lisa, any good to automatically assume that it would not happen in this case.

MOO

No one said THIS was a sexual crime. In about 90% of violent crimes against kids, including sexual crimes, someone in the family or a close family friend did it.

You do touch on a key point though: some children are kidnapped by someone wanting a kid of their own. It's really really rare, so rare that there is a pretty solid profile of the crime and those who do it. This crime does not fit that pattern in any way.

Lisa wasn't kidnapped by someone who wanted a child to love and cherish. Lisa was killed by someone who did not want a child at all. Sadly, it seems her killer learned something from watching the Anthony trial on TV: hide the corpse really really well, cry a lot, and you can get away with anything.

I don't feel like I have evidence either way right now, to be honest. I am hoping LE does.

I 100% believe that Deborah Bradley is guilty of knowing where Lisa Irwin is right now. My words I posted a few days ago wondering why Deborah kept talking about "what happened" instead of "what was CURRENTLY happening" with baby Lisa still make me think this. Only now it is even more solidified in my head as I haven't seen Jeremy Irwin OR Deborah Bradley in several days speaking to ANY media.

Really? A complete stranger broke into your home while you were sound asleep and took your baby girl? And you react by... Not pleading for your baby to be taken care of and not pleading for her to be returned to you alive?

Yeah. Not buying it. She is guilty of... something. I don't know if she hurt her, but I absolutely believe she knows where Lisa is. Dead or Alive, that I don't know.

I can only pray that LE finds Lisa alive and safe. That is just about the only good thing I can still see happening in this whole mess. Poor baby girl.

Years ago I had someone tell me they heard their baby talking in the night and did not go check because they wanted the baby to go back to sleep on her own. They had not closed the curtains and the next day they found footprints all around the outside of the window. The baby was fine but I have been a believer since.

Years ago I had someone tell me they heard their baby talking in the night and did not go check because they wanted the baby to go back to sleep on her own. They had not closed the curtains and the next day they found footprints all around the outside of the window. The baby was fine but I have been a believer since.

Man, that scared the heck out of me just reading it! :eek:

Eeeek!

I still think she didn't do anything, but I have had my leg lifted up the fence a couple times. I can understand the hiding, I think. Every time she goes on tv she gets slammed, she should act this way, not that way, she said we, she said I, she can't win. She may have thought that the trip to the store before Lisa went missing wasn't important, or maybe she is like me and has no concept of time, lol. I'm always asking "was that today or yesterday".

Lisa is still in the news, her picture is out there, so what more can she do in that reguard other than giving people more to bash her about? Reading the comments on news sites and facebook I can't say I blame her for staying low, I think she may be the second most hated woman right now. I do understand others views, but so many of those comments are based on rumors and misleading media headlines. It's almost like a bad reality show.

I don't understand the missing posters, or lack thereof. Unless they really don't know what to do. I think they are over confident in their spokesperson, maybe she is a dominant force in the family and they just don't realize the harm she is doing?

I would like to see video of Lisa. She is beautiful, but common looking for a baby. Maybe her voice, her laugh or her cry could help find her.

I will eat crow if I am wrong, as long as it is well done. The evidence of kidnapping is not logical, but I haven't seen any evidence that mom did anything either. SO, that's my :twocents:

IMO it's not what she should or shouldn't be saying that makes me think she has something to do with her daughter's disappearance (well, there are a few things she's said that have been red flags). It's the circumstances we're looking at. The three phones that just happen to be on the kitchen table. The intruder who just happens to know they're there (otherwise, why would he\she go into the kitchen during this stealth act?). The door left unlocked, the lights on, the trip to the store which it seems police didn't know about until they found a receipt. Couple all of that with the statistics regarding infant abductions we've already discussed, and things just don't add up IMO as far as mom is concerned.

Ugh. how scary! The point is it does happen. It is not about statistics in the crazy person's head. They want a child and take them.

It happens. And if you are someone who is desperate for a baby and not balanced, You are watching a baby day and night looking for an opportunity.

It does not matter percentages. It happens.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back