Did Morphey know what he was involved in?

We do need to find out if Brodsky is blowing smoke or if this is true. Although, I think we realize that his camp will do or say anything by now...if they can't come up with anything to back this up...it will be huge. This is an insinuation that Tom has something to do with another missing person, imo. That is pretty serious.

I did notice Brodsky backed away from saying that Tom had previous suicide attempts after the scathing letter last night from Tom's sister denying those attempts in her email to Greta.
I still think that while Morphey may have been duped into moving the barrel, then figured out what he was doing, that DP has dirt on Morphey from the past. That is why DP can get Morphey to do these things and feel that he can blackmail him for his silence.

Morphey strikes me as the type that has really screwed up in the past but has tried to get his life back together. However, the guilt keeps him drinking in order to cover his shame and pain.

I still think that while Morphey may have been duped into moving the barrel, then figured out what he was doing, that DP has dirt on Morphey from the past. That is why DP can get Morphey to do these things and feel that he can blackmail him for his silence.

Morphey strikes me as the type that has really screwed up in the past but has tried to get his life back together. However, the guilt keeps him drinking in order to cover his shame and pain.

Morphey may also be trying to work out a deal with LE for immunity, or reduced charges, for his previous crimes. But if he had something to do with his wife missing 10 years ago, hopefully, there is no deal.

There are people saying he has been clean and sober for the past ten years. Hmmm...strange that coincides with the timeframe Brodsky brought up about the missing wife? Another thing that could come back to bite him.

Whatever we do don't let us trust Brodsky anymore then we would trust Drew.

I don't think Tom's wife went missing..they probably divorced. Early on I had heard people refer to her as his ex wife..now she has suddenly disappeared, the only person to make that comment has been Brodsky. I don't think so.

What I think is that after Tom's marriage fell apart..he decided to look inside himself and change his ways.

I think we are going to need a new thread before this is all over entitled "According to Bodsky"..it will rival the "According to Drew" thread I am sure.

I wouldn't trust Brodsky for a second. He obviously is on the same level with Drew. Rather like the blind leading the blind there, imo.

Ahhh! Truer words were never spoken!:furious: :eek:
Doesn't it become more obvious every time Brodsky opens his mouth now? It doesn't appear he has paid much attention to his client's case the way he has to backpedal constantly. Maybe he needs to hire someone to keep an eye on what the media uncovers so he can address it with Drew first before being blindsided on the news!

Keep in mind Brodsky is getting his info from the same person who said that he visited his stepbro in the hosp. because he lost his job and lost his family. Brodsky's main problem is he is not attempting to verify the info he gets from Drew P.

IOW, everything that Brodsky is spouting is most likely coming right from Drew P's mouth.

On the other thread, we were just discussing Craig Stebic's Attorney. I do wonder if this wasn't the consult Brodsky had last night?

Just thought I would toss that out there. : )

I agree that Brodsky is spewing what Drew has been telling him...but he is adding his own spin which is making him look very ineffective as counsel.

Defense Attorneys are the ultimate spin doctors, but it looks like they would want to verify things ahead of interviews that their clients tell them. It isn't good when the lawyer has to keep backpedalling constantly!!

Taking the oath when you become an attorney is no different for either side, i.e. Defensene Attorney or Prosecuting Attorney.

Brodsky is just doing what he took as his oath, (defending a client whether guilty or innocent) and a client has hired him (the EVIL CL).

What I haven't figured out because he has definately NOT been helping his client out when he opens his mouth is................is he really that stupid? Or does he know that DP is guilty or (THINKS) DP is guilty, and he is doing anything he can to get out of being his attorney?

But he must know that all he is doing now is making a just cause for DP to fire him, hire a new lawyer and use the fact that DP was not duly represented prior to any arrest or charges against him.

Hope that made sense, typing too fast and mind jumping around to all the threads!

Oooo I just had a thought. I bet they are going to try to pin this entire thing...both cases on Tom! Think about it.

* Now they have a report that Tom had money from Drew that he said he gave him to help move that container. (The so-called missing $25,000.00?) http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g9LSLrzFQGStXb1io5FdErAtFFKgD8T868TG0

* They are trying to establish that he is severely mentally unbalanced and obviously he was suicidal after Stacy goes missing.

* Tossing it in that his own wife might have gone missing.

* Tom's past violent history.

* Setting Tom up to look like he could possibly have Stacy's phone and possibly placed the call to Drew's phone knowing it would come up with her name on it.

It sure sounds like they are setting Tom Morphey up to take the fall for Drew on this one (Stacy) and maybe both. We will have to see what Drew's camp comes up with in regards to Kathleen, too. Tom did work for them and knew her quite well.

SS:

No doubt that DP was trying to frame (set up) Tom just like he was doing the same to Rossetto.

I don't think he gave Tom $25,000, but it was money he had for himself to be able to buy as many people he needed to. So, I wonder who else did he pay off to help him out??? Remember, he left Tom and of course we know that the cell phone Tom had rang, and it said Stacy.

But..............did DP meet someone else while he was gone and paid them some money to help move something again????

Taking the oath when you become an attorney is no different for either side, i.e. Defensene Attorney or Prosecuting Attorney.

Brodsky is just doing what he took as his oath, (defending a client whether guilty or innocent) and a client has hired him (the EVIL CL).

What I haven't figured out because he has definately NOT been helping his client out when he opens his mouth is................is he really that stupid? Or does he know that DP is guilty or (THINKS) DP is guilty, and he is doing anything he can to get out of being his attorney?

But he must know that all he is doing now is making a just cause for DP to fire him, hire a new lawyer and use the fact that DP was not duly represented prior to any arrest or charges against him.

Hope that made sense, typing too fast and mind jumping around to all the threads!

That is exactly what I was thinking. Brodsky thought he would get publicity with the case and that would mean more clients. It all backfired on him. I'd love to hear from his secretary/receptionist.

Just a thought that occurred to me. The FBI was brought into this case this week. I'm wondering if one of the reasons for the FBI is because TM has told LE about things that happened at DP's bar - thing that might fall under federal laws?

The FBI was brought in because they needed more resources to search the waterways, imo. They waited until they were ready to search the canals and deeper areas before requesting them which then gives them access to the Navy etc.

On the CBS2 video tonight, Morphey's sister said that her brother was sober for ten years and went off the wagon and started drinking again the night he helped Drew move the blue container. If that's true, that really s-u-c-k-s !

Link:
http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=37703@wbbm.dayport.com

Morphey probably *owed* ole Drewboy some payback for years gone by (tickets fixed, reduced bail, etc.) and Drew was there to collect and remind him of that.

I wouldn't be at all surprised when LE does find this blue sealed container (Let's hope) that only Morphey's fingerprints will be on it !! I'll bet that Drew wore gloves and Morphey didn't.

I guess I dreamed that Tom told someone after he helped him load the container...he went somewhere with Drew to drop it in the water...but that he could not remember where. (It was sure a clear dream!)

Then again, we don't know what he told LE exactly and where those "memory lapses" came into play which have been mentioned several times.

This is pretty darn specific

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_30_no2nov30,1,137061.story

n an interview, Martineck expanded on a prior Tribune report detailing the relative's alleged activities the night Stacy Peterson disappeared. Martineck said he was at home Oct. 28 watching the World Series. "He called me and said, 'I gotta talk to you,'" Martineck said. "It was late, around 10 o'clock. I remember it was the 7th inning. I told him, 'OK, come to the garage door.'"

Moments later, the relative walked up the driveway and into the garage, he said.

"He was real frantic," Martineck said. "I could tell he'd been drinking a little. He put his hands on my shoulders and says, 'You can't tell no one. I know she was in there,'" Martineck said.

I don't really think there were ever any memory lapses when Thomas talked to the police. I think that all this started as a leak and that was purposedly added to protect Thomas and throw Drew off guard.

I think Thomas is very aware of what happened that night and has been even more specific then we now know with the police that he spoke with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back