Did Morphey know what he was involved in?

Forget my question above. Reposted it at the Stacy thread where it belongs. This should be only about Morphey. Didn't itsreween come up with something that Tom and his other brother did some fishing?

Yes she did but it turned out ,I think, that Rice Lake is in Wisconsin..too much of a distance to fit the timeframe.

My thoughts are leaning toward Drew having chosen Morphey for the reason that he has had emotional and mental problems. I wonder just how many times Drew has asked Morphey to help him with other errands around the house, or anywhere else. Drew is far from stupid but he could he so smart he's crazy and some of his actions could be a desperate man. He could have thought that Morphey would never be believed - he has no credibility. If that is the case, that's a pretty sad development - using someone who is fighting and dealing with mental illness. If so, I'm :furious:

My thoughts are leaning toward Drew having chosen Morphey for the reason that he has had emotional and mental problems. I wonder just how many times Drew has asked Morphey to help him with other errands around the house, or anywhere else. Drew is far from stupid but he could he so smart he's crazy and some of his actions could be a desperate man. He could have thought that Morphey would never be believed - he has no credibility. If that is the case, that's a pretty sad development - using someone who is fighting and dealing with mental illness. If so, I'm :furious:

Wicket,
It appears Drew uses everyone for his own wants and needs...never thinking of others except how they can help him further his own goals.
Drew will see that all those others are going come back to haunthim now..along with his own needs.

It seems most people that have anything bad to say about Tom was from a few years back. Old neighbors and such. I think the new neighbors are probably lumping Tom with Drew. Dee posted earlier that she saw his rap sheet and there was nothing drug related, it was all alchohol. Even Kathleen Savio's nephew who used to party with Tom came across as though he really liked the guy and said that yeah, Tom liked to drink. We all did.

His rap sheet was mostly domestic battery and I believe a DUI and a property damage charge. I can post it (if a moderator approves)...

I posted the Starbucks..I have to admit this was either something from Greta where veiwers post or from findstacypeterson.com....but it seems that the people involved narrowed it down to a Starbucks..I think it was at findstacypeterson.com...there are 5 Starbucks in the area, is what another poster said..

Yoou know that may be right Littledeer..Drew didn't want his face seen...and there were probably other people there then...hmmm..Plus I would think Starbucks would have security cameras inhouse...plus be able to talk to employees that worked that shift.

Why in the world would he cover his face at first then become a "media mogul" a month later? It doesn't make sense to me. The entire country has seen his face but in the beginning he had the audacity to cover it? Why?

cuz he thinks he is so good looking that no one will remember his face a month later............

yea right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did speculate at the beginning that maybe he was hiding any scratches on his face, hopefully LE asked Tom if there was anything he noticed.

Why in the world would he cover his face at first then become a "media mogul" a month later? It doesn't make sense to me. The entire country has seen his face but in the beginning he had the audacity to cover it? Why?

I think he was hiding from anyone who may have seen him out and about on that Sun. But after media started showing his pictures in the family pictures, then I think he thought he might as well go on camera.

I think he was hiding from anyone who may have seen him out and about on that Sun. But after media started showing his pictures in the family pictures, then I think he thought he might as well go on camera.

I lean this way too. LE saw Drew P that next day the 29th so they woulda noticed any marks.

His rap sheet was mostly domestic battery and I believe a DUI and a property damage charge. I can post it (if a moderator approves)...

As per the suntimes:

In 1993, an ex-girlfriend twice sought orders of protection against Morphey, claiming he left threatening messages on her answering machine telling her to "watch your back, don't go to sleep, you'll be taken care of," according to court documents.

Throughout the 1990s, Morphey accumulated domestic violence arrests in DuPage County. He pleaded guilty to battery in exchange for supervision, which was revoked when he twice failed to show for his court-ordered psychological evaluation.

In 1997, Morphey was arrested and convicted twice for drunken driving. During one drunken driving arrest in Sugar Grove, he allegedly told the arresting officer he was "going to get Seagram's for the guy with the glasses."

Helper's messy history
http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/673051,CST-NWS-boling29.article

In 1997, Morphey was arrested and convicted twice for drunken driving. During one drunken driving arrest in Sugar Grove, he allegedly told the arresting officer he was "going to get Seagram's for the guy with the glasses."
Helper's messy history

I confess, the DV accusations are partly what convinced me that Morph was most likely aware of what was happening.

He has been in situations where he threatened the female with violence. Drew P was most likely aware of that. Morph reportedly looked up to Drew P a lot and was afraid that Drew P didn't like him.

So IMO all it would have taken was for Drew P to have gotten on a rant about Stacy threatening to leave, having another man, threatening to not let him see his kids, threatening to take all his money and etc. Morph would have completely sympathized.

After the deed was done, I think Morph must have realized what he actually did. Maybe he had remorse, maybe he became afraid that Drew P would try to frame him, maybe he was just afraid of being caught and maybe it was a little of all of it. The call to the friend was to discharge some of that emotion or to establish that he had been duped. The suicide? Remorse or fear or a combination of both.

As per the suntimes:

In 1993, an ex-girlfriend twice sought orders of protection against Morphey, claiming he left threatening messages on her answering machine telling her to "watch your back, don't go to sleep, you'll be taken care of," according to court documents.

Throughout the 1990s, Morphey accumulated domestic violence arrests in DuPage County. He pleaded guilty to battery in exchange for supervision, which was revoked when he twice failed to show for his court-ordered psychological evaluation.

Helper's messy history

Guess this once again reiterates the chain of domestic violence, being handed down from generation to generation. Must be a family thing.

How sad, :(
fran

Drew picked Morphey because of his dyfunctionality. He knew that he wouldn't be a credible witness.

Sounds right to me. Drew knew exactly what type of reputation surrounded Morphey and who knows? Maybe DP gave Morphey a drink or two in order to get his help.
I think DP is a very sly woman killer who's using his police training to cover his bases. But he didn't commit the perfect crime. Someone will find Stacey.

Sounds right to me. Drew knew exactly what type of reputation surrounded Morphey and who knows? Maybe DP gave Morphey a drink or two in order to get his help.
I think DP is a very sly woman killer who's using his police training to cover his bases. But he didn't commit the perfect crime. Someone will find Stacey.

Please Dear God, I beg you to help us!

In the media it mentioned that Tom Morphey lived at a residence that wasn't listed in his name.

Then later it mentions a Sheryl Alcox as being his girlfriend. I found her listing and it's nearby DP's home as also mentioned in the media (to be exact, 1.09 mi)

From other reading he has lived at that residence for 7 years as per his neighbor, and she seemed to think him a nice quit guy.

So, was the report wrong saying that DP's wife called 911, or did they mean his girlfriend?

They probably meant his girlfriend. Apparently, she used to work for the Bolingbrook police.

Page 23

There is a Stephen Peterson mentioned on that page also. Its a PDF, but the link is to an http version.

I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread - trying to catch up.

I don't feel that Thomas Morphey had any idea what he was getting into when he agreed to help DP move something at his home.

According to TM's friend, Walter Martinek, Thomas came to him very upset, saying that his brother, DP, had asked him to help him move something and afterwards he concluded that the container he helped DP move may have held Stacy's body. Thomas told Walter he was afraid of DP. It was the next day, Oct. 29, that Thomas made a suicide attempt. When Walter Martinek learned of Thomas suicide attempt, he immediately went to the state police and told them what Thomas had told him. That probably would have been October 30th.

There are a lot of things that have happened that point to the police having talked to Thomas and believing what he told them. According to media reports, LE placed an unmarked police car in Scott Rossetto's neighborhood that first week of November. When Tim Miller of Equasearch got to Bolingbrook to begin the search, he was told to look for a blue barrel or container, and searches were concentrated on water.

Walter Martinek said that Thomas had financial and family problems and that DP had promised to help him find a job. I can see where Thomas may have felt indebted to DP and wanted to ingratiate himself with DP in hope that DP would help him. I think Thomas helped DP without any knowledge of what he was helping with until the moment that he touched the blue container and it was warm to the touch. Walter Martinek says that was what made Thomas believe that he was helping to move a body.

We actually have very sketchy details of the three hours that Thomas spent with DP the evening of October 28th, from about 7:00pm to about 10:00pm. We know that DP picked Thomas up at a park and they went to a coffee shop. At some point DP excused himself, left his cell phone with Thomas and told him not to answer it. The phone did right while DP was gone and the caller ID said "Stacy." DP came back and took Thomas to his house where they went to the master bedroom and moved a blue rectangular container about 4 feet long. DP then took Thomas home.

Here's what I think happened. I think DP and Thomas talked over coffee, and DP told Thomas that Stacy had left him, that she had been having an affair with an old boyfriend, Scott Rossetto who lived in Shorewood, and had run off with him. He probably embellished the story with a lot of details. I think at some point DP told Thomas he had to run an errand and he'd be back shortly. He was still a police officer so he might have told Thomas he had to run over to the police station to sign some reports he had taken, or some sort of believable excuse. He left his cell phone with Thomas and told him if it rings, not to answer it. He might have told Thomas that Stacy has called a couple of times and he's ignoring her, playing hard to get. DP then drives to Shorewood and uses Stacy's cell phone to call his cell phone. The phone rings and Thomas sees that the caller ID says "Stacy." When DP returns they go over to the Peterson house to move the container. I think DP probably gave Thomas some sort of explanation for why the container was so heavy.

We have to look at this from the viewpoint of Thomas telling this story to the police. The police aren't going to accept this story without checking it out. They've got the cell phones and the computers from the Peterson home. They can easily check and see that a call was made from Stacy's cell phone to DP's during the time frame Thomas has given them. The police check out the coffee shop and employees can identify both DP and Thomas and say they were there Sunday evening, and that DP left for a while. The police also have phone calls on Stacy's phone to Scott Rossetto. The police also have a neighbor of the Peterson's telling them they saw DP and an unidentified man moving a blue barrel Sunday night. There's probably a lot more the police have done to verify Thomas story.

A reporter who went to Thomas house didn't find anyone home, but before leaving a woman pulled into the driveway and he spoke to her. She said that Thomas was in rehab. I believe that Thomas may be secured in a rehab center with police protection.

Am I correct in hearing somewhere that while Thomas was hospitalized after his 'overdose' or 'suicide attempt' that DP visited him? Heaven knows what DP told him -- might have scared him to death with threats. I am hoping that while working I'll see a flash on my computer that leads to a bulletin: they finally arrest DP. :loser: I'm hoping right now they are getting all their ducks in a row!

Am I correct in hearing somewhere that while Thomas was hospitalized after his 'overdose' or 'suicide attempt' that DP visited him? Heaven knows what DP told him -- might have scared him to death with threats. I am hoping that while working I'll see a flash on my computer that leads to a bulletin: they finally arrest DP. :loser: I'm hoping right now they are getting all their ducks in a row!

And that is what gets me. From Walter, we know how terrified Tom was of DB before the suicide/OD. And all the poor guy wanted was a job.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0
Back