Did Patsy have Dissociative Identity Disorder

Dragognosis

Former Member
Reaction score
This explains a lot, such as:

Patsy's claims to not know about the pineapple.

The group of individuals being split off persona factors that were privy to information Patsy had and who gathered their own information from similar sources while the host Patsy "not there".

The absolute conviction of John that Patsy was not "Evil enough to do what was done to JonBenet" when there is no evidence of anyone else being involved

This explains a lot, such as:

Patsy's claims to not know about the pineapple.

Dragognosis,
Occam suggests Dissociative Identity Disorder is superfluous as Patsy would say all these things to back up her version of events and help stage either John or Burke out of the case. It cannot be herself since she has injected herself into the case by staging JonBenet in the wine-cellar.

Theoretically, an alter can attain segregation and autonomy, iow be another person in the host with authority over particular aspects of behavior. When it inhabits the mind of the host it is in charge, it conducts the system as you say if conducting is the required behavior. Another way to put it is it IS the system for a time.

A good example of DID is the movie “Split”. In the movie which isn’t based on a true story the character Kevin Wendel Crumb has DID and has 23 different personalities which are all completely different. One of which is a woman named Patricia another named Hedwig which is a 9 year old boy and all these personalities battle for “the light” and all reside in Kevin’s body. Kevin doesn’t even know what these personalities do. One killed people and Kevin had no idea it happened. The movie really makes you think about people with DID. Maybe Patsy had DID but I would think people who were around her a lot would have noticed it.

DID goes unnoticed as do personality disorders in general. People with disorders are often regarded as difficult to eccentric to creative, problematic but not pathological.

"Patsy claims not to have known until interviewed that JonBenet was wearing the size-12's, how credible is that?"

Another case anomaly explained by DID.

Patsy the "host" didn't know what Patsy the "alter" did.

If one suspends disbelief and does a thought experiment by accepting the premise of DID then nearly all of the JonBenet case oddities are explained.

Patsy did it while not herself.

I find it fascinating to watch the interviews from this perspective. When I do I get the sense the "host" was aware of "them".

I do not have DID, but I do have severe PTSD, which includes dissociation and similar symptoms.

First, DID is not a personality disorder, even if it was called Multiple Personality Disorder. Personality disorders are a category of mental illnesses. It's an issue of technical terminology, but I think a good number of sufferers would be offended by the mistake.

It seems really unlikely to me. The big indication is the beginning of her first police interview. She knows a lot of details about her life. She doesn't seem to have any problems telling her life story chronologically. It seems unlikely that a lawyer would put much emphasis on having Patsy memorize this information and practice it. If she had DID, I would expect it to be fairly apparent in that section that there was something wrong with her memory.

She was asked about what medications she was prescribed. There are no hints there. It's pretty ordinary.

Another thing is that DID is typically associated with childhood trauma and develops while you're still a child. With how much this has been covered in the media, I'd expect people to have sold more stories of unusual behavior when she was a child.

"If she had DID, I would expect it to be fairly apparent in that section that there was something wrong with her memory."

The content of her recollection would have to be compared to an independant complilation of life events to disclose any discrepancies due to amnesia. She couldn't accomplish both therefor her subjective recounting cannot be taken as authoritative for anything but the host persona. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back